Things to do before sub ends

Decided to give VET a go. Just wanted to make sure i am not forgetting anything before sub ends.

Other than gear and chants for different specs:
  • get in guild
  • mounts
  • tabbards
  • transmog gear
  • bags and bank slots
  • max out professions
Anything else?

Twink
rum8h89.jpg

Last edited:
Get all your enchant scrolls applied, from what I've understood you can't apply scrolls after sub runs out :(

Also get multiple different gearsets if possible. You won't regret it :p

Thanks for all the comments, good idea with the wow token!

Has it been confirmed that vet's can't apply enchant scrolls? I feel like on my f2p i stocked up on chant scrolls before dropping it for LW and mining. I don't remember having an issue applying those scrolls, but those were all ones that i had made obviously (not purchased).

People have claimed to have not been able to use scrolled enchants post sub ending. Now would be the time to get as many items enchanted as possible since enchants are at a all time low right before a patch. We will see a spike come 6.2. At least for a few weeks.
Tokens were below 20k... Hard to say what will happen with them post 6.2.

/cheers

Get as much as possible of consumables, that you make with proffesions, which need skill higher than 100. Your proffesions will be locked at 100, so you cant make them, but you can use them....

i wanted to drop drake of the north wind before my account turned to veteran
40 hours farming - 0 drops
actived WoD trial, 2 days farming, no drop

actived WoD trial on the secondary account with a rogue, farming both accounts, nothing too

went to vitreous - 3 tries

sad week

i wanted to drop drake of the north wind before my account turned to veteran
40 hours farming - 0 drops
actived WoD trial, 2 days farming, no drop

actived WoD trial on the secondary account with a rogue, farming both accounts, nothing too

went to vitreous - 3 tries

sad week

Better of getting alchemy and 2 seater

I've also cancelled my sub and will go Vet very soon. I've done all the things you mentioned in your original post.

A couple of things I'm also doing before I go Vet F2P is :-

1. make a heap of heirloom weapons and just chant them up in many different ways. I have a Fury Warrior and have chanted up at least 15 weapons differently, that way I have no regrets when my sub ends, and can try a heap of different weapon combo's

2. I've also stockpiled some expensive gems in my reagents tab. Reason being, it will be an easy source of gold for when we can only have 10 gold when sub ends. You can just grab a few gems and sell them and get your 10 gold back straight away ;)

3. try and find any battle pet companions that might look cool with your toon. I've sourced quite a few from WoD and other areas, so at least my Vet won't be lonely when sub ends :p

The rest I think has already been mentioned in this thread.:cool:

Edit : Forgot to mention, also stock up on Goblin Glider Kits from Engineering Garrison Building. Nothing like jumping off the Lumbermill in AB for a quick assault on the Blacky :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The rest I think has already been mentioned in this thread.:cool:

dont forget to get BiS on the classes you wanna roll and enchant them before turning vet
i did this once and i didnt know i couldnt enchant them, so instead of vet i've been playing a f2p druid with ele force on weapon :(
im glad it was a week before token's release

also you can still stock like 1k gold on each character and use it, its just not possible to increase

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but once your sub ends and you are vet you cant access mail. when you buy a wow token, doesn't it get sent to the mail?
But can you even access the AH to even buy the tokens?

Users who are viewing this thread