Theorycrafting TBC Dungeon 4-set

The Two-piece bonus is probably optimal, getting 4-pc bonus is not worth it for some of these sets, as it means giving up gems slots/secondary stats, It is pretty cool that we do get this option, though I'm pretty sure this is unintended, as 90% of all other legacy sets have their set bonuses disabled.

The Two-piece bonus is probably optimal, getting 4-pc bonus is not worth it for some of these sets, as it means giving up gems slots/secondary stats, It is pretty cool that we do get this option, though I'm pretty sure this is unintended, as 90% of all other legacy sets have their set bonuses disabled.
Those sets have gone under the radar for multiple XPacs, most likely because as many here have said, the Bonuses are lackluster. The reason Blizz disabled the others is because they couldn't be bothered to balance them after each squish.

So the proc buff text matched the tooltip at 29, said 33 on both but gave me 35 (probably a talent or something).

Took FOREVER to proc on a ret pally, I'd never suggest it for that spec at least... probably not for any.
This is because of your armor passive, your 5% you gain from wearing all of your classes respective armor is the disparage.

It’s cool to see this kind of love for these sets, as @Chey said, with every 4 set I’ve seen nothing more than 26-35% in a 5 minute parse for these sets, the % changed based on the class. I’m not 100% sure on all of the new gear options, but I know the mail set was great on 70s pre shadowlands since it kept secondary’s and sockets per every piece besides legs, but this was before mastery... XD

I think we can only get 3 mail pieces at 20... but they arent totally devoid of secondary stats, so that's nice.

I know I only got 3 on the hunter I'm trying to gear, but I'm slogging through Hillsbrad Foothills for the non-set legs for about 80% of it so far. Hit revered with keepers of time and still no legs on 2 level 20's (for trading) following a 45+ runner. (edit- i even leveled up another 'nother armor-type class so the perpetual non-mail loot wouldnt go to waste.)

Of course the 45 got them twice in the first 5 runs. :mad: I stopped checking his loot after that.

Totally bogus loot system, literally 9 times of 10 the high level gets loot on the last boss. I've tried a jillion ways to alter the loot "rotation" but still only one of the 20's gets anything (always not the legs, of course). Subbed a 4th account now.

F U BLIZZ I GOT 75% CHANCE FOR 2 LOOTS NOW!! DON'T MAKE ME ACTIVATE ANOTHER!!! (working as intended :oops:)

Well.... I hit revered from neutral killing the instance mobs and no luck... not sure how in the weeds that is.

@Chops if it's just totally random, then you'd have to hit a stretch where the high level doesnt get loot 9 of 10 times too.

It's not like I'm being unreasonably impatient and whining after a couple runs... they're 15 mins each and I' revered. :(

@Chops if it's just totally random
It's probably not totally random. I was just saying it seems like trying to run 4 different accounts, worrying about whether or not the main is logged in or logged out, or swapping things around trying to cheese loot, etc might be a bit overkill.

One twink and one 60 seems to be pretty straight forward, reliable and repeatable. I'm open to the possibility that I'm just exceedingly lucky but one would think that luck would eventually run out, yea?

@Chops RNGesus and I have a hate-hate relationship in WoW, always have. I gave up trying to get Time-Lost and Rivendare's Mount after something like 4 XPacs trying. I spammed 5 Toons to Exalted with Argent Dawn trying to get that stupid horse.

I was just saying it seems like trying to run 4 different accounts, worrying about whether or not the main is logged in or logged out, or swapping things around trying to cheese loot, etc might be a bit overkill.

That's fair enough. Not really whining because I'm gearing 2-3 toons at once so saving the runs later. All good.

Plus i've had far worse grinds... LOL.

uvAeeMs.png

Honestly I only cared about the 20's Community's experience with Doomplate as I only have (1) LvL 15 and it's a Warrior.
My plate wearers are usually using doomplate (minus the leggings), I don't count the proc rates, it's one of very few bonus set left in the game.. So whether it's really proc'ing enough or not doesn't matter to me, I still use them.. It's a bonus.. Still trying out, I filled up the remaining with lvl14, lvl23 socketed crafted gears with mastery stat

Users who are viewing this thread