The War Within - Changes to Gear, gems, enchants and pots.

I have a lot of greens/blues and purples in my lock's bank. Ranging from all of Legion's zone quests, and the old legion gear that were overtunned, plethora of WoD questing gears and unique rares, the old Garrison bell trink, BFA stuff aswell and TBC dungeon gears aswell. The list goes on, would be interesting to dig around and check whats changed and whats good and whats not etc. And the Ghost Iron Dragon trinket which I never really got around finishing since Cata zones used to be level 30 and mining there was aids, before chronormu timeline became a thing.

All 3 relic slots are available for each artefact weapon. Already applied relics stay at ilvl 61, and newly applied (even if you farm them pre TWW) scale to 81. Artefact weapon ilvl goes to ilvl 68 (same as heirlooms), so not really useful. Also, in case you have one of the rare Legion Legendary class items on your 20 - no, the lvl req is not changed, still lvl 45 req.

All 3 relic slots are available for each artefact weapon. Already applied relics stay at ilvl 61, and newly applied (even if you farm them pre TWW) scale to 81. Artefact weapon ilvl goes to ilvl 68 (same as heirlooms), so not really useful. Also, in case you have one of the rare Legion Legendary class items on your 20 - no, the lvl req is not changed, still lvl 45 req.
This is what I thought too. I doubt that'll change at any point

WOD rares/treasures trinkets are starting to look really good for dps specs but unfortunately, they are not warband bound, so f2ps can not loot with alts for bonus upgrade chances.

1718375429983.png
1718375442417.png

1718375494006.png
1718375503201.png

Last edited:
BOE greens scale to the same ilvl as the blues (ilvl 84), which is huge. This basically makes socket offhand / cloak / trinkets not GFd anymore. All of them can be farmed now (in DF) or if nothing changes - in TWW. I would not bet on "if nothing changes" tho.

View attachment 24363
Ty for that info! I still wasn't sure at exactly what level BoEs were at! So I'll add that
The WoD trinkets have been covered in OP allready :PepeComfy:

The PTR is up now for anyone wanting to get on and try stuff out.

The SL gems are slightly nerfed. The healing and speed gems themselves give 133 healing and 15 speed per gem. However the normal blue SL gems give 100 healing and 13 speed each.

So if you want to speed cap you get 121 speed from the two base ones plus 7 blues for 49% speed increase.

Otherwise if you use 6 blues that gives a total of 108 speed which gives you 48%.

Will certain mounts that required levels 30-35 previously, be scaled down to level 20 in War Within?
Cuz having 5 different Cloud Serpent mounts rotting in the warehouse is torture.

Will certain mounts that required levels 30-35 previously, be scaled down to level 20 in War Within?
Cuz having 5 different Cloud Serpent mounts rotting in the warehouse is torture.
Last time i checked they still have a level requirement.
However, I dont personally have any in my bags. PTR is up, and is accessible for testing for everyone now

EDIT: Learning the mounts have a level requirement. Not riding them

One of the best changes. Because walking up to a vendor and buying some of your BiS gear was so super cool. (it might continue to be BiS)
I can see a few pieces being good like wotlk paladin gloves with 5% crusader strike damage.

I can see a few pieces being good like wotlk paladin gloves with 5% crusader strike damage.
The main thing are a few of the... TBC? pieces. They have additional hidden versatility (some buggy carryover from the old willpower stat) which makes them really good. But still, I don't want to buy my gear from a vendor, that's absolute bullshit. Granted, I've also been limiting myself to dungeon (and in the future, quest) gear for a while now, so my perspective is skewed.

The main thing are a few of the... TBC? pieces. They have additional hidden versatility (some buggy carryover from the old willpower stat) which makes them really good. But still, I don't want to buy my gear from a vendor, that's absolute bullshit. Granted, I've also been limiting myself to dungeon (and in the future, quest) gear for a while now, so my perspective is skewed.
I sort of agree but its also pretty nice for getting into a bracket when you can just buy the gear...at least from a pvp perspective. Just visit the vendor then bam que up. That being said this is an rpg and I like the gear grind.

I was checking out the pre patch event but so far everything requires lvl 70+ from the vendor.

I sort of agree but its also pretty nice for getting into a bracket when you can just buy the gear...at least from a pvp perspective. Just visit the vendor then bam que up. That being said this is an rpg and I like the gear grind.

I was checking out the pre patch event but so far everything requires lvl 70+ from the vendor.
Well the PvP gear is for like... level 30 and shit? There is no PvP here. Even if we got into a PvP queue we'd get dumpstered by any 39 lad.

Warglaives still require level 30?
Raids lvl requirement will remain at lvl 30, so I'm assuming the same will apply to the drops. (unless I missed something)

Users who are viewing this thread