The roast-my-gear-choices thread (resto druid)

glancealot

Legend
Sub about to expire, need constructive suggestions so that I can improve.

Hopefully this becomes a useful thread for other druid players out there too.

I need help with my gear choices (don't worry about enchants, I will worry about enchants next time I see @Hashbrowns online)

I am going to play WSG and AB only, will FC in WSGs and protect node in ABs. resto in WSG, resto or guardian in AB.

Please let me know if you see upgrade options (don't worry about 28 BoEs, I am on a server with a lot of twinks, 28 socket gears with leech/speed are very hard to come by)

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/blackwing-lair/glancealotoo

in case armory becomes down, here is a SS of my set-up, thansk in advance!

s0RNb5e.jpg

Not enough int.

i guess you are saying that i need more int to make my effective health pool larger? like, stam stacking can only do so much if I cannot heal myself back up to full consistently?

what's the golden number for int in your opinion then for resto druid.

also, while you guys are here, i am debating between

https://www.wowhead.com/item=112160/enchant-weapon-mark-of-blackrock

and

https://www.wowhead.com/item=35498/formula-enchant-weapon-deathfrost

for my main hand weapon. i am leaning towards the former: i think vers especially shines when you get low (who cares about vers when you are above 60% health anyway).

Last edited:
You have no cc breaker either - have fun against any team with a Lock / Sub / DH rogue in it.

Int / Versa would be too low for me, going Stam > Everything might work - but also consider you HOTS are going to be relatively low when self healing due to your health pool it might not. How important is Mastery to a Resto?

This is a solid approach to a "post 6 stacks, Im never coming out of bear form" set. As with any RDruid, I'm sure you're running a variety of sets. But if you're not, go ahead and start putting together a "caster set" that'll be as heavy on int as you can manage without dying in a pally stun and a balanced set that treads the midway point between your current set and your caster set.

That way you're not trying to cross mid in a set that makes you useless if you need to dip out of bear form for a bit.

Relax on talasites outside of FCing (sometimes pre-6 stacks you can appreciate int still). In AB, while it's good to be tanky, it is still a team game- especially as a resto druid. Having enough int to heal a fight if needed is definitely something to be aware of; don't stick to one role as an rdruid in AB-- it's one of the most flexible classes in the bracket and should be played as such.

A lot more can be said about this, but 13% vers is incredibly underwhelming and just not good as an FC/tank.

List of possible upgrades:
- Dodge boots are bad; i28, Slippers of Serenity, or dungeon leather crit boots are better.
- Cloak could be better; missing off stats & vers from i28.
- Fireflash ring is not ideal for a mitigation set.
- Peerless neck is not ideal for a mitigation set.
- Belt can be upgraded to the Mindfire Waistband (int specific).
- Play trinkit/inherited insignia of the horde/inherited insignia of the alliance.
- I actually like the slow trinkit a lot, but at high stacks you should be ready to switch it for a returning/defending champion, parjesh, or inherited mark of tyranny if the enemy doesn't have a melee that can touch you in warsong. If your team is reliable and peels for you
(slows etc), it may also just not be very useful in more creative scenarios.
- Unlikely, but adaptable i28s and i28 weapon/off hands do exist and are bis.

Play around your team, not the other way around.

Have fun gaming! :)

I am going to play WSG and AB only, will FC in WSGs and protect node in ABs. resto in WSG, resto or guardian in AB.

I am not sure why you are choosing guardian or resto for protecting nodes in AB, moonkin should simply be better. You have Force of Nature, that's a very powerful way to keep people from capping. Unless you are worried about survivability, I'd go moonkin for AB.

Dodge boots are bad; i28, Slippers of Serenity, or dungeon leather crit boots are better.

this is a great point. I am going for slippers of serenity as we speak. feel bad for wasting 2 tals. one of the 60 that is running me through crypts actually mined a tal and gave it to me (he is from a different server too, wtf)

Cloak could be better; missing off stats & vers from i28.
- Fireflash ring is not ideal for a mitigation set.
- Peerless neck is not ideal for a mitigation set.
- Unlikely, but adaptable i28s and i28 weapon/off hands do exist and are bis.

i28 is close to impossible, i am happy enough for what i have to be honest.

- Play trinkit/inherited insignia of the horde/inherited insignia of the alliance.
- I actually like the slow trinkit a lot, but at high stacks you should be ready to switch it for a returning/defending champion, parjesh, or inherited mark of tyranny if the enemy doesn't have a melee that can touch you in warsong. If your team is reliable and peels for you (slows etc), it may also just not be very useful in more creative scenarios.

points taken.

Shoutout to the ally Qing Guar last night (don't remember the name) but it was surprisingly tanky vs casters and looked fun as hell to play!

great, all i need to do is put on my 2-h staff and we can test it out in BGs.

this is also why i went with full tal, because i have more options this way.

Last edited:

great, made those cloth item changes.

I always wore cloth back in the day on my 70 druid, but at some point they put in "leather specialization", i guess that is gone now.

4 wasted tals, but that is okay, this 60 that helped me get both cloth items just COD'd me 7 tals for 2100 gold :)

in hindsight, the tals that went into leather pieces aren't "wasted", because the cloth items are useless for guardian/feral specs.

Last edited:
Sub about to expire, need constructive suggestions so that I can improve.

Hopefully this becomes a useful thread for other druid players out there too.

I need help with my gear choices (don't worry about enchants, I will worry about enchants next time I see @Hashbrowns online)

Please let me know if you see upgrade options (don't worry about 28 BoEs, I am on a server with a lot of twinks, 28 socket gears with leech/speed are very hard to come by)

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/blackwing-lair/glancealotoo

in case armory becomes down, here is a SS of my set-up, thansk in advance!

s0RNb5e.jpg

@glancealot UR GEAR WAS YUMMY !

guardian has fast travel form.

All druids have it: Travel Form - Spell - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

I don't know how it is on level 20 (I doubt it's any different from looking at the spells and talents available, but I might be overlooking something), but on max level, a moonkin is way better at guarding nodes than a guardian (resto don't do it because it's a waste of a healer). Eg, a guardian will lose to a single rogue (it will take effort from a rogue, but it's doable), whereas a moonkin will not. This particular thing won't happen at level 20 because rogues have so little of their kit, but other similar things might.

Last edited:
All druids have it: Travel Form - Spell - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

I don't know how it is on level 20 (I doubt it's any different from looking at the spells and talents available, but I might be overlooking something), but on max level, a moonkin is way better at guarding nodes than a guardian (resto don't do it because it's a waste of a healer). Eg, a guardian will lose to a single rogue (it will take effort from a rogue, but it's doable), whereas a moonkin will not. This particular thing won't happen at level 20 because rogues have so little of their kit, but other similar things might.
The Travel form he is referring to I would say is the pvp talent one. (Malorne’s Swiftness)

Most healers think they are a DPS, that is the true waste of a healer.

On a related other note that has me confused........
How are you guys playing without PVP trinket?
So many on armory not using it. Curious if you guys are logging out in your trinket CD sets or you just don’t play one at all?

So many on armory not using it. Curious if you guys are logging out in your trinket CD sets or you just don’t play one at all?

Compensating by positioning / movement speed potions / control / damage / leech / pocket healer. As well as accepting some deaths. That would be my thoughts.

It likely depends on the spec. Ranged burst - more chance to have no pvp trinket. Melee / non-burst - less chance.

Users who are viewing this thread