10-19 The Official Twink Cup 2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the logic of some head enchants being allowed and others being banned? I feel like you should take no action against them or go all out. No point in taking half measures

I don't understand the logic of some head enchants being allowed and others being banned? I feel like you should take no action against them or go all out. No point in taking half measures
ayyylmao lets ban gsc enchants and let SR have all theirs ayyylmao
where can i sign up to suck johns cock too

ayyylmao lets ban gsc enchants and let SR have all theirs ayyylmao
where can i sign up to suck johns cock too
They forgot the rule where everyone except SR has to play without gear

If you're gonna ban head enchants etc ban +13 sp on bracers aswell.

If you're going to ban gf'd gear to stop people gaining advantages ban all gf'd gear whether it's +1 Int or +200 Int, An advantage is an advantage.

just imagine how its going to look when someone is yelling profanities or saying things they wouldnt say infront of anyone but their team except you are blasting the whole of the community with it. at the end of a series or something yeah okay hop into their coms but mid game is just silly

just really iffy on when and how this is going to be used
i agree 100% with mith here and u can also never be sure that a strat will not be leaked, what if u do a callout in this timeframe that you are listening in. could be crucial. Example, ok guys we're gonna pick flag here and go play gauntlet or something similar making it possible for the enemies to position temselves accordingly.

i love yelling profanity there's no way im stream friendly

#TC2016

Awesome post, thanks for everything laid out clean and organized.

What was the thought behind opening up druid/monk slots to allow 3 of each class?

^I think if we want to use discord to improve the quality of the streaming event, this is a really good point if you want to hold professionalism of the broadcast. Us tinks have dirty ducking mouths, and I haven't brushed this week.

Part of me really likes this idea of discord for communication between teams/leaders/admins if it needs to happen, the main issue I thought of when i read this in the post is the reality of every person participating in the tournament to be able to functionally run Discord. Could put teams in a jam if they have a handful of players that can't get in.

Looking forward to the tournament, thanks for putting the thread together.
We thought about this. Discord is more simple than Curse Voice to operate, it has a better quality of sound too. In regards to the potential profanity and/or racist comments, it will not impact the stream in any way. The channel cannot be banned for it, as the nature of the remark will be heard as a co-incidence and without intent. The commentators can very easily recover any profanity by saying things along the lines of "It seems like Team X are really getting into the game right now, lets take a look at X".

Well concidering Animist Carress is banned, I will guess 13 SP is banned as well, GSC only had 1x Animist carress and 0x 13 SP enchants while other team(s) has like 5+ members with 13sp on their roster? Pretty sure 13 SP is banned but unsure my self
13 SP as of current is not banned. It was not overlooked upon the creation of this post, it was just overlooked when discussing legal and illegal enchants with the committe. The post is subject to change for improvements and this will be looked into further and discussed. Thanks @bolt for raising this concern.

Last edited:
The reason behind this is that we cannot expect people who have the enchants on their Lucky Fishing Hat's that need the hat as part of their best in slot set to go out and fish a new hat before the day of the cup. Seeing as +3 of any stat isn't game breaking we figured we'd have to make the allowances for this issue.

i agree 100% with mith here and u can also never be sure that a strat will not be leaked, what if u do a callout in this timeframe that you are listening in. could be crucial. Example, ok guys we're gonna pick flag here and go play gauntlet or something similar making it possible for the enemies to position temselves accordingly.
As previously stated, there is a THREE minute stream delay to prevent sniping from occurring. We are even considering making it a 5 minute stream delay, but that is still up for debate. Also a team having a designated player to "snipe" the stream and then communicate the information correctly is first off against the rules and secondly can be very inefficient even without such a long stream delay.

We appreciate your concerns, but we feel like all aspects of protecting a teams strategy have been thoroughly thought through and covered.

As previously stated, there is a THREE minute stream delay to prevent sniping from occurring. We are even considering making it a 5 minute stream delay, but that is still up for debate. Also a team having a designated player to "snipe" the stream and then communicate the information correctly is first off against the rules and secondly can be very inefficient even without such a long stream delay.

We appreciate your concerns, but we feel like all aspects of protecting a teams strategy have been thoroughly thought through and covered.
fair enough, but u cant have a rule to prevent someone to snipe streams theres no way you can check if someone is or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread