US The NWL - Platform and Announcements

Re: The NCWL - organizers, announcements, rough draft, streamers

What is the point system good for? Don't you already have the brackets? And that the current system looks like it can be exploited too easily. If two teams already have 30 points and are facing each other = easy matchfix for no point lost?

What is the point system good for? Don't you already have the brackets? And that the current system looks like it can be exploited too easily. If two teams already have 30 points and are facing each other = easy matchfix for no point lost?

The seasonal point system is mostly for bragging rights. a tie is solved by EotS or AB, it would be very hard to have a tie breaker on either map.

Will EotS and AB be played as much as WSG?

Each round will start with Warsong, the loser will pick the next map. a tie will result in AB or EotS, and the final season that is seeded into the twinkcup will be WSG only. So yes WSG will receive a little more attention than the other two maps, but they will all be in there.

People that are interested in casting next year's Twink Cup should look at the NCWL as the Twink Cup's commentating tryouts. The NCWL will create a large pool of experienced commentators, with a long time-frame for community feedback. The commentators for next year's Twink Cup will likely be the best and/or most popular NCWL commentators.

taking a note from LoL here -

some leagues run a best of 5 format (could easily be done with bo3), with the 5th game (if it gets there) being 'blind pick'. Blind pick is something that is seen NOWHERE else in the pro scene, but adds a whole bunch of strategy and crazyness to the game which is fun to see. Eots/AB could be the 3rd game tiebreaker.

this ties in to my favorite format which i will never drop

IPL5_Format_Chart.jpg

People that are interested in casting next year's Twink Cup should look at the NCWL as the Twink Cup's commentating tryouts. The NCWL will create a large pool of experienced commentators, with a long time-frame for community feedback. The commentators for next year's Twink Cup will likely be the best and/or most popular NCWL commentators.

Glad to hear that there will be another cup next year :p

Updated!
Welcome [MENTION=23595]bigmoran[/MENTION] to the stream team
revamped Season point system

I understand the locked into guild based system, but will there be a kind of exception for players based in different timezones? For me personally, I'm Aussie so for latency reasons my 19 is on Frostmourne, but I'm with JCM A team on BH. I have the JCM guild on Fmourne, so would that be acceptable as long as that player stays in their sister guild on another server?

I understand the locked into guild based system, but will there be a kind of exception for players based in different timezones? For me personally, I'm Aussie so for latency reasons my 19 is on Frostmourne, but I'm with JCM A team on BH. I have the JCM guild on Fmourne, so would that be acceptable as long as that player stays in their sister guild on another server?

Absolutely. We want as many people to be able to participate as possible.

bump

The first season will be Warsong Gulch Only

Last edited:
for what reason?

We want as many people in the community to be able to participate as possible, in order to make sure we get off to the best start possible, this is necessary.

Can this be stickied?

Do all ten members have to come from the same guild, or will just a majority with a few fill ins be allowed? We could field a team of 10 if we can pull friends from other guilds that aren't willing to leave the one there in.

Users who are viewing this thread