The Nineteens Wargaming League: Structure and Rules

Re: The Nineteens Wargaming League - Registration, Rules, and Structure

[MENTION=189]Conq[/MENTION], I have a few suggestions.
1. The point system/best of three.
At this moment, a win is 5 points, a tie is 2 points, and a loss it's 0 points. If a team wins two games to win their series, they get 10 points, plus the 1 point for winning a series.
10+1=11
If a team wins game number one, then intentionally ties game number two for the points, and then wins game three, they get 10 points from wins, two points from the tie, and the one bonus point from the series. 10+2+1=13
My solution: make every series two games, and not always have a set winner or loser. You could even split a series 1-1.
Award 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie, 0 for a loss. True round robin, match by match. Each team will face each other team twice, for a total of six matches per team. The maximum points obtainable for a four team season would be 18, and if you tie every match you will be sitting low to mid table, with 6 points.

My final idea for tiebreakers, and a way to make teams play for every cap: all tiebreakers at the end of the season are determined by cap difference. Record all flag captures for (FCF) and flag captures against (FCA). FCF - FCA = capture difference. A great way to make teams play for every single cap, even if they are down 0-2.

Edit: standings columns.
Team
Wins (3 points)
Losses (0 points)
Ties (1 point)
Flag Captures For (FCF)
Flag Captures Against (FCA)
CAPTURE DIFFERENCE (CD) (FCF-FCA)

Also, you ask why I suggest 3/0/1 over 5/0/2. Basically giving two points for a tie overvalues ties. The NHL uses 2/0/1, but they have an 82 game season. All of soccer uses 3/0/1, and they have 40 game seasons or so. The reason that the NHL can get away with a split point tie is because their season is so long, that it doesn't make much of a difference. In a shorter season though (6 games), overvalued ties are a slightly bigger problem, where you can have multiple teams tie a large number of games, leading to a low point difference between first and last.
The point value is less important than the first point I made. It is a minor change for the better, but that is just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

When does this start? Hit me up for a team - best TC in the bracket

Ruling Comittee update, just need to confirm a nominee for give me your energy Stunnashadez

Shock hunteryou have to sign up as a mercenary to participate unless your in one of these four guilds.

Laurenti after the ruling committee is solidified i will present your suggestions to them for discussion

Last edited:

WFS and UGGTW confirmed for this weekend, currently discussing scheduling

sign me up for a mercenary I got an alliance warrior night elf for now when I get time on my other account ill update with my other toons I can play on but for now only this one

[MENTION=189]Conq[/MENTION] I will be part of the committee

The first series in the NWL between Ugly Girls get Tap Water and Waka Flocka Seagulls begins at 9:30 PM EST tomorrow (Sunday).

I will be streaming and commentating the games at Pizza19Hunter.

Name: Sanit
Battle Tag: Sanit#1581

Alliance Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Sanit/advanced
Class warrior

merc update

The first series did well, i'm hearing that the players had a blast, which is what is most important here. point system update incoming, next series is sometime next weekend between Warsong Warlords and Give Me Your Energy.
Stunnashadez wsggod

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread