The Nineteens Wargaming League: Structure and Rules

Conq

MWLxIak.png

Introduction:

Welcome to the Official Nineteens Wargaming League structure and rule thread

Schedule:

Tryouts
will be the weekend of November 13th, it will consist of 5 10v10s. Each guild must play one 10v10, this is to ensure that all teams are capable of sporting a 10 man, this is 100% necessary for all teams if they wish to participate.

The Season begins November 14th

The first series
will begin on the 22nd, games will be played on Saturdays and Sundays.

Format:

Every Guild must face each other in a three games series, were all three games must be played. The guild with the most wins will win the season. Guilds will be allowed an appropriate amount of time to do their series based on the amount of guilds that sign up. Guilds will work with The NWL to have all games streamed, spectated, and commentated.

Point System:

Points are awarded as follows: A Warsong Gulch victory is worth 3 points, in the case of a tie the last team to capture a flag will receive two points and the other team will receive one point

The Stream Dream:

The NWL aims to be the major point of exposure for twinks of all brackets in the times to come and we are building The NWL stream channel to be the tool we use to spearhead that effort, it does not matter if you are a 19 or even a twink, as long as you’re interested in helping the movement of the XP-Off play style than lending us your talents will help Twinking as a whole. That being said ALL donation via Twitch will be used to help develop Twinkinfo, and future events for the greater XP-Off community. So please guys, follow the strum ^.^!!!!

Class Comp Rules:

Warsong Gulch: 2 class limit, 2 stealth limit excluding guardian/restoration druids, 1 arms warrior limit, 1 bm monk limit, 1 MM hunter limit, no feral druids.

*any spec that has healing abilities that can be cast on their teammates counts as an off healer, not including warlocks' healthstones.

Season Rules:
*All people working with and playing in The NWL must read and know these rules and should refer to them before voicing concerns to The NWL staff.

*highlighted rules reflect changes in S2
Team Leaders

• [*=left]Teams must be logged in and ready to queue 30 minutes before the start of their match
    [*=left]All Team leaders and their optional +1 must be in constant contact with the series Host and The NWL curse voice group chat.
    [*=left]Team leaders will work with Conq to schedule their games after the bracket is made
    [*=left]Team leaders must declare mercenaries they intend to use for their upcoming series by notifying Conq of any registered mercenaries being used by the Thursday before their Series weekend. Failing to do this will result in being deemed an "Illegal Team", as a result your team will lose a match, and be given 5 minutes to have a legal team, if a team fails to have a team within league rules after those five minutes than the illegal team will lose the series and still play with an illegal team

[*=left]Team leaders and their teams agree to play all three games in a series regardless of being penalized, failing to do so will result in a disqualification for the rest of the season, not including any other NWL related events.
    [*=left]Team names must not include profanity, racism, poor sportsmanship references (queue dodging), cheating references (flyhacking, DDoSing), the name of another person unless they are on your team
    [*=left]Should any issues arise an NWL representative will be in contact with the team leaders
    [*=left]Team Leaders must Register a 10-13 player roster of people in their guild
    [*=left]People on your roster can use any 19 twink on their account.
    [*=left]Inside a game your team must consist of 6-10 players on your roster and 0-4 declared and registered mercenaries.
    [*=left]Teams must consist of 10-13 players at all times, if at any point a player cannot play for a team and a team no longer has a maximum of 13 people, they can replace their slots with anyone not on a roster (you can also grab mercenaries). All changes must be reported in The NWL chat or directly to Conq before the day of their next series

Mercenaries

• Only registered mercenaries can be declared by Team Leaders
  • All mercenaries must be declared by three days before the series they wish to play in, last minute declarations and registrations are permitted if neccissary but discouraged.
  • Mercenaries can play on any team
  • Mercenaries cannot have a character on a teams roster
  • Mercenaries can be in any guild
  • If you are on a Roster you cannot be a mercenary

All Players

• Once both sides have 10 players on a field a game must be completed if the gates have opened.
  • You can only be on one teams roster
  • If you are on a Roster you can only play for that team.
  • Good sportsmanship, no excessive trash talking. If you question the fairness or legality of a move, it is the players responsibility to behave in a way that ensures quality games for everyone.
    [*=left]If it is found that a player is using third party software, abusing a bug or exploiting the game in any way then it will result in an immediate removal from the tournament
    [*=left]Players cannot use toys, guild banners, or any usable item that isn't equipped on their character except healthstones, soulstones, bandages, and the pvp battle standard
    [*=left]Any gameplay that would be considered strange, mechanically manipulative, or non-objective oriented is prohibited and could result in the disqualification of a player and the loss of a game
    [*=left]All games must be played if possible regardless of penalties, leaving a game at any point after the gates have opened will result in the games being continued regardless of player absence or loss will result

Jumps

• [*=left]All tunnel, fence, and stump jumps are allowed, except this stump jump: http://i.imgur.com/lXrmwqW.jpg and people are allowed to use jumps to take them anywhere on the map that they would be able to get to without jumping. Using class abilities, goblin jump, toys, or anything else to take you somewhere that you can only get to using these abilities is not allowed. All graveyard jumps are not allowed, including jumps using the new fences and wall jumping to get inside the graveyard from below it. The following video provides an example of some permitted jumps.

Gear

• [*=left]Arms warriors are not allowed to swap weapons to get multiple enchant procs.

Management

• [*=left]Leaders of teams will be in chat with one or more members of the stream team during the duration of a series.
    [*=left]All games will be streamed and cast on Thenwl - Twitch
    [*=left]Team names must not include profanity, racism, poor sportsmanship references (queue dodging), cheating references (flyhacking, DDoSing), the name of another person unless they are on your team
    [*=left]It is the responsibility of the team to have good sportsmanship and show respect to the tournament organizers. If a player is found harassing an NWL representative it will result in the removal of the offending player
    [*=left]In order to get the spectator addon working some simple rules must be followed. This includes, but is not limited to: Adding the specified people on real id (email), not battle tag, Going to a certain location in the game, Relogging when requested
    [*=left]No current team limit
    [*=left]Any attempt to deliberately throw a game or conspire to fix the outcome of a game before it is played will result in disqualification, and if the winning team is involved the prize money will go to the highest ranking team that was not involved in the conspiracy
    [*=left]Each series will have a designated host who will handle most in-game responsibilities and consult Conq and noify the team leaders of any issues that arise.
    [*=left]At the end of each series the host will invite three players into a group discussion known as "the post game discussion panel"

*** The Nineteens Wargaming League Staff ***

Creator/Director

Conq (Armory)

Hosts:
Muskie (Armory)
HB (Armory)
Pizza (Armory)
Maineac (Armory)
Blackout (Armory)
Livingforce (Armory)
Yowza (Armory)

Team Leaders:
Saxxon (Armory)
Korzac (Armory)
Muskie (Armory)
Blurz (Armory)
Mutando (Armory)
Mvp (Armory)
Darkxd (Armory)
Charleysheen (Armory)

Support:
Cipe (Armory)
Grizzlefoot (Armory)
Ehpidel (Armory)
Marblea (Armory)
Youbeezy (Armory)

Design Team
Ubex
(Armory)
Squidgy (Armory)
Recruiting

Player Stat Book Keepers:
Snowjobs
MYT

Brackets and Stream

The Nineteens Wargaming League - Challonge

Thenwl - Twitch

Twinkinfo - YouTube

Last edited:
Re: The Nineteens Wargaming League - Registration, Rules, and Structure

Need a limit between games, I feel this is important.

EDIT: And please enforce the rules on everyone, not just a few.

Hoping to get all the input possible

I'm extremely excited for this. Good work!

Is it only WSG

unfortunately. also i honestly think this needs less rules not more, part of the issue with these rules were how many vague rules we had. basically copy/pasting the twink cup rules and changing 2 things isnt going to cut it

also these rules need to be organized

Last edited by a moderator:

Isn't August 14th a bit too soon?

Just right off the bat, I notice the rule about arms warrior getting multiple procs doesn't specify with an example.

Crusader -> Ele force = ok? or no?

Crusader -> Icy = ok? or no?

etc etc.

The less room for interpretation there is on these rules, the better off we'll be.

Please rehash these to remove or mitigate this risk. If you want, I can jump into a CV call with you/myrm and I can help you guys assess the things you have and don't have. I tried as much as possible to do this during the TC, but maybe if we can get together and do it when it's not in the heat of the moment, we can be much more productive :)

Just right off the bat, I notice the rule about arms warrior getting multiple procs doesn't specify with an example.

Crusader -> Ele force = ok? or no?

Crusader -> Icy = ok? or no?

etc etc.

The less room for interpretation there is on these rules, the better off we'll be.)

I'm still not sure why this seems confusing. "Arms warriors arent allowed to swap weapons to get multiple enchant procs" seems pretty cut and dry to me. 'sader to ele force involves multiple enchants procing. 'sader to icy is the same. as is 'sader to 'sader.

I could see some clarification needed for someone swapping from 'sader to something like savagery because one doesn't involve a proc.

I'm still not sure why this seems confusing. "Arms warriors arent allowed to swap weapons to get multiple enchant procs" seems pretty cut and dry to me. 'sader to ele force involves multiple enchants procing. 'sader to icy is the same. as is 'sader to 'sader.

I could see some clarification needed for someone swapping from 'sader to something like savagery because one doesn't involve a proc.

There was a discrepancy between your understanding (which is absolutely correct) and some players understanding as the rules were slightly different between the arena tourny and WSG tourny.

Again, it's not so much about the how it shouldn't be an issue, but the fact that it's a risk that it still might be unless we clarify completely.

Clarity = easier rule enforcement and less delays.

I don't completely understand the whole floating mercenary idea. I say pick and team and play with them. Also, my problem with floating mercenaries is that they can throw games to favor other teams. Let's say that player A is a floating mercenary. He was affiliated with guild A before the tournament. He is playing in a series for team B, and they are fighting team C
The standings going into the series look something like this.
1. B
2. C
3. A

Player A could throw the game in Team C's favor, in order to pull his original team (team A) closer to team B. This would be even more of a problem if it was made possible to tie (which at the moment doesn't look like it will be possible, but could still cause problems if a team gets fewer points for an overtime win (IE if the points are split)). In that case, the player could try to play the game into a tie, so that his team gains on both the other teams.

Not saying the mercenaries would do that, but it could very easily happen. Just a warning :D

I don't completely understand the whole floating mercenary idea. I say pick and team and play with them. Also, my problem with floating mercenaries is that they can throw games to favor other teams. Let's say that player A is a floating mercenary. He was affiliated with guild A before the tournament. He is playing in a series for team B, and they are fighting team C
The standings going into the series look something like this.
1. B
2. C
3. A

Player A could throw the game in Team C's favor, in order to pull his original team (team A) closer to team B. This would be even more of a problem if it was made possible to tie (which at the moment doesn't look like it will be possible, but could still cause problems if a team gets fewer points for an overtime win (IE if the points are split)). In that case, the player could try to play the game into a tie, so that his team gains on both the other teams.

Not saying the mercenaries would do that, but it could very easily happen. Just a warning :D

They could, but then they run the risk of become the JR Smith of the NWL. No one wants to be the JR Smith of 19 twinks do they?

And run the risk of being thrown out of the Twink clique??? I doubt it.
All they need to do is play anonymously. I do. Many people do.

Users who are viewing this thread