The "LEARN SOMETHING NEW" thread

I'm actually googling most of this stuff.

I lost my iTouch :'(

Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.

mother of god, have you ever eaten a worm. tastes like dirt and ass....unless maybe you cooked it with bacon. /shudder

that just proves the wrongness with the "facts"

The words Purple, Month, Orange, and Silver have no rhyming words in the English Language.

Cptheal said:
rogues used to be able to kill people naked.

and with a worn dagger no less

long live world of rogue craft

Orcgasm said:
The words Purple, Month, Orange, and Silver have no rhyming words in the English Language.

Lies

Silver rhymes with chilver

Orange with sporange

Month with uneath

Purple with Hirple

Not in common use but words nonetheless

There is something you can learn today:p these do have rhyming words in the English language

chilver isnt a word

sporange is not a word

never heard uneath b4, but it looks like its pronounced in a way that doesnt rhyme with month....could be wrong, if so grats

hurple is snot a word

*all according to dictionary.com

THIS is why people should link sources

Falkor said:
chilver isnt a word

sporange is not a word

never heard uneath b4, but it looks like its pronounced in a way that doesnt rhyme with month....could be wrong, if so grats

hurple is snot a word

*all according to dictionary.com

THIS is why people should link sources

DOOR HINGE

at least when i say them

Of all the words in the English language, the word 'set' has the most definitions!

Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.

Coca-Cola would be green if colouring weren’t added to it.

The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long or write approximately 50,000 English words.

"Rhythm" is the longest English word without a vowel.

Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.

Earth is the only planet not named after a god.

The worlds oldest piece of chewing gum is 9000 years old!

fedex has a secret arrow in its name (or one of those major shipping companies...idk if it was fedex)

EDIT YUP IT WAS FEDEX

Twinkzruz said:
Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.

"Rhythm" is the longest English word without a vowel.

Earth is the only planet not named after a god.

1. can honey spoil: "Many would say, "Never. Honey has an indefinite shelf life." That is true only if the honey is stored sealed and at proper temperatures. Temperatures over 81°F degrade the honey and could start fermentation."

2. from my understanding of "y", the use in rhythm makes it act like a vowel. "a, e, i, o, u and SOMETIMES y", that would be an example of the sometimes.

3. hmmm sort of. depends, since earth has/can be(en) called "gaia" or "terra mater/tellus" depending on whether you were greek or roman respectively

Can you stop trying to call out the fucking stuff im posting and just join the thread?

In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi.

SCUBA divers cannot pass gas at depths of 33 feet or below.

Replying more than 100 times to the same piece of spam e-mail will overwhelm the sender's system and interfere with their ability to send any more spam.

Silly Putty was "discovered" as the residue left behind after the first latex condoms were produced. It's not widely publicized for obvious reasons.

The original colours of the Santa, was green. untill Coca Cola changed it to red. (at least that is what I have been told)

Fanta Exotic is rly white on can's but is added colouring in flasks.. koolkidzinfo

Twinkzruz said:
Can you stop trying to call out the fucking stuff im posting and just join the thread?

He was every right to do so if you post misleading or false information.

1. If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. If you are left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.

2. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.

3. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.

Bragh said:
The original colours of the Santa, was green. untill Coca Cola changed it to red. (at least that is what I have been told)

Fanta Exotic is rly white on can's but is added colouring in flasks.. koolkidzinfo

I though the original color was Gray or brown and that he once had a certain animal head mask when he brought gifts on christmas.

Twinkzruz said:

In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi.

1. stop posting false info and misleading people then ffs. if you're going to post random facts to boost your numbers at least do it intelligently.

2. no. the pepsi would evaporate the second the can was opened, which would be instantly b/c the pressure difference would implode the can. the pea would be crushed in space b/c of the pressure and lose of moisture much like the can.

plus you cant exactly "pour" in space, provided the liquid didnt evaporate (like it would) the liquid would simply float out of the can in lil bubbles, not pour in a stream. so even w/o the impossibility of the situation gl combining the pea and pop in zero g.

i prove you wrong at every turn. just start posting true statements and i wouldnt have a problem with your posts and post # padding.

lol, I wonder if the people that have gone through said transplant ever think about that.

Centralia, Pennsylvania is a town that's been on fire since 1962.

Users who are viewing this thread