The Importance of Using The Report Button - Please Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaide

Legend
Hello Everyone,

I have been busy the last week or so in the process of moving, so I haven't been able to get on the site for a couple days. In that time though, I received quite a number of PMs asking me to look into several issues, take action on threads, etc.

The staff all encourages you to communicate with us and feel free to talk to us at any time, but if you need help with a thread or see an issue that you think needs our attention, please report the post or thread. Reporting should not be seen as any sort of negative thing. Think of it as sending a PM to all the staff at once. I always feel bad when someone sends me a PM about an issue that another moderator could have taken care of while I was away, but didn't have the notification to do so.

Reports also give us a permanent record of what actions needed to be taken, which is the only way that we can see patterns over time, for example if you think a member is trolling a lot and you consistently report their posts, then we'll have a paper-trail of actions in our records and we can adjust our responses accordingly.

In short, I do always appreciate you guys sending me PMs because I like to help you out, but all the staff really needs you to use the report button instead, consistently. It will help you more, and it will help us help the site more.

Thank you.

A slightly off topic question: if several members report a post/another member, because it/he is being aggressive, condescending or just plain rude towards other members in every post he makes, but nothing ever happens, could you please give an explenation as to why you chose not to take action? It seems incredibly untransparent, and it kinda makes you lose faith in the staff, when you get no feedback. Just because the moderators doesn't share the oppinions of the reporters it doesn't mean that they should 't take action. You are here to ensure a healthy community and a respectful tone on the forums, not to enforce your own ideas and/or ooppinions. You can't neglect the oppinion of the majority.

I'm not speaking solely from personal experience but from varioud members of the community.

/cheers

Well for some reason something is broken with this thread on the back end giving me server errors so I can't seem to reply to your post at the moment Snack but I'm trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
A slightly off topic question: if several members report a post/another member, because it/he is being aggressive, condescending or just plain rude towards other members in every post he makes, but nothing ever happens, could you please give an explenation as to why you chose not to take action? It seems incredibly untransparent, and it kinda makes you lose faith in the staff, when you get no feedback. Just because the moderators doesn't share the oppinions of the reporters it doesn't mean that they should 't take action. You are here to ensure a healthy community and a respectful tone on the forums, not to enforce your own ideas and/or ooppinions. You can't neglect the oppinion of the majority.

I'm not speaking solely from personal experience but from varioud members of the community.

/cheers

The opinion of the majority is not necessarily a right opinion, a dedicated group of people with key ideals who can strike a balance in controlling the behavior of this site is much more effective.

Your aggressive might be someone else's mild, your evil might be good in someone's else's eyes etc. In my opinion the moderators are doing a pretty good job in separating negative from positive and all the other degrees of separation both in terms of leaving alone and intervening.

Last edited by a moderator:

/cheers

Saying things that can be interpreted as incorrect with a slightly condescending tone isn't against the code of conduct.

Responding to someone like that with "you're always wrong, stop posting you effing idiot" is. Why not just post the correct information and move along? You and the "various members of the community" that you're speaking for constantly getting baited and arguing are just as responsible as a certain poster with that type of tone. Why do you need the mods to step in when your problems could be easily solved by not being so goddamn stubborn and belligerent?

What do we do if we feel the need to report a mod? Is it possible to report them? And how do reports work?

They are converted into a post in a particular part of TI that only the staff can see. We discuss and try to come to some sort of mutual agreement before filing it off as "complete".

If you have any quarrels with a mod, you take it up with an admin. And keep it out of the forums.

Last edited:
They are converted into a post in a particular part of TI that only the staff can see. We discuss and try to come to some sort of mutual agreement before filing it off as "complete".

If you have any quarrels with a mod, you take it up with an admin. And keep it out of the forums.

so just pm shane or?

Saying things that can be interpreted as incorrect with a slightly condescending tone isn't against the code of conduct.

Responding to someone like that with "you're always wrong, stop posting you effing idiot" is. Why not just post the correct information and move along? You and the "various members of the community" that you're speaking for constantly getting baited and arguing are just as responsible as a certain poster with that type of tone. Why do you need the mods to step in when your problems could be easily solved by not being so goddamn stubborn and belligerent?
its always hard to convey emotions into emotionless text so it can be hard to determine a purpose of one's post

so just pm shane or?

Shane or Broken.

But before you get too excited to go on yet another witch hunt, you and others should probably know that Shane came to the moderators section today to clarify a few things. Not only does he agree with the ban that happened today, he feels that it should have been a one month ban, and that the other participants should also have gotten one month bans as well. Shane is going to make a general announcement very soon, but, as a preview, enforcement is about to go WAY up on these forums. We have been instructed to give even less leeway and even more severe punishments for those of you who can't control your emotions and who lash out and insult others. I'm going to leave it to the big boss to give the details, but let me just say, if you in any way think I took too big of a step in giving Jva a three-day temporary ban, you should know that Shane is unhappy that I went that lightly on him. Just think about that before you guys get any ideas about causing more problems or trying to rebel against authority. Things are going to change around here, real hard and real soon. I would think long and hard about starting any shit if I were you.

Shane or Broken.

But before you get too excited to go on yet another witch hunt, you and others should probably know that Shane came to the moderators section today to clarify a few things. Not only does he agree with the ban that happened today, he feels that it should have been a one month ban, and that the other participants should also have gotten one month bans as well. Shane is going to make a general announcement very soon, but, as a preview, enforcement is about to go WAY up on these forums. We have been instructed to give even less leeway and even more severe punishments for those of you who can't control your emotions and who lash out and insult others. I'm going to leave it to the big boss to give the details, but let me just say, if you in any way think I took too big of a step in giving Jva a three-day temporary ban, you should know that Shane is unhappy that I went that lightly on him. Just think about that before you guys get any ideas about causing more problems or trying to rebel against authority. Things are going to change around here, real hard and real soon. I would think long and hard about starting any shit if I were you.

what do you mean starting shit? all i wanted to do was find out the most efficient way of contacting those in charge, don't read me the riot act, i've never said anything out against you - this is probably why people (not me) get upset with it recently, you've just erupted at me for no reason :/

Bro dont fight a mod, even if they did something wrong, you never win against them

A 'sorry' is what you get TOPS
Some people fight for Whats right! And some people sit on their hands doing nothing! Its the same in real life! Aint hard to See which type of person you are.

what do you mean starting shit? all i wanted to do was find out the most efficient way of contacting those in charge, don't read me the riot act, i've never said anything out against you - this is probably why people (not me) get upset with it recently, you've just erupted at me for no reason :/

Or perhaps the you I was referring to was the general you, and not you specifically, and you shouldn't be so sensitive. I clearly said "you and others" before I said anything else, meaning that I was talking to the general populace who appear to be in unrest because of Jva's completely legitimate ban. If it wasn't clear that I was talking to the lot of you, and not just you personally, then, as Turtle said, "Sorry".

Bro dont fight a mod, even if they did something wrong, you never win against them

If anyone thinks a mod has done something wrong, I would suggest they take it up with Shane. See if he agrees with them.

Some people fight for Whats right!

And some people fight blindly, thinking they're right without really understanding the situation. Some people think it's cool to "support a friend" even when that friend is completely and totally wrong. And I get that. But don't let bad people drag you down.

The opinion of the majority is not necessarily a right opinion.
In a democracy it is. And I know TI isn't a democracy, clearly... But neglecting and ignoring the oppinion of a major group of members over a long time, will eventually cause problems, and that was what I was hoping to counter by giving a shout out to the mods.
Well for some reason something is broken with this thread on the back end giving me server errors so I can't seem to reply to your post at the moment Snack but I'm trying.
Can you reply to my comment now? :)

I guess you are referring to the recent "Mistweave-thread-incident"? :p But this right here:
getting baited
was the problem. In my optic the member knowingly "baited" a new member into gearing his twink wrongly. And yet when he was called out, it was another member that got banned. Wether that ban was correct or not is not my call to make.

This isn't a fight, it's about getting TI back on track, and getting a general feeling that you are getitng heard, and ensure the community that mods are not here scare you away from doing bad things, they are here to help everyone. Atleast I hope...
Or perhaps the you I was referring to was the general you, and not you specifically, and you shouldn't be so sensitive. I clearly said "you and others" before I said anything else, meaning that I was talking to the general populace who appear to be in unrest because of Jva's completely legitimate ban. If it wasn't clear that I was talking to the lot of you, and not just you personally, then, as Turtle said, "Sorry".

If anyone thinks a mod has done something wrong, I would suggest they take it up with Shane. See if he agrees with them.

And some people fight blindly, thinking they're right without really understanding the situation. Some people think it's cool to "support a friend" even when that friend is completely and totally wrong. And I get that. But don't let bad people drag you down.
You are being really aggressive..

You are being really aggressive..

There are times when aggression is called for.

Let me be crystal clear about a couple of things:

1) Jva's ban was for only three days, and it was for telling a moderator to fuck off. No other reason. His actions towards Allybeboba in that threard were enough to warrant an infraction or a ban, but if you actually read the thread with an objective eye, which is apparently very difficult for most of you, you will see where I gave him a pass on his actual CoC violations because I wanted to try the route of explaining what was expected first before firing any guns. You guys are accusing me of being too strict when in reality I was being too lenient, and your friend Jva took advantage of my leniency and saw it as permission to curse me out. That is why he got this tiny three-day cooling-off ban. Which leads me to my next point.

2) According to Shane who came into the staff section to discuss the matter, he is disappointed that as a general rule the mods across the board are being way too lenient and permissive. He said that if it had been him and not me, he would have immediately banned Jva, Bacon1, and Allybeboba for an entire month. In his direct words, "I don't give a crap about the "he said, she said". If you are both complicit in the act, then you are both going to get tossed." He has instructed us to now be WAY more strict and severe with punishments, with there being no more infractions at all except for very minor things... any hostile post or insult is going to be an instant two-week ban. This is Shane's direct order. He is as sick as the rest of the moderators at the level of insult and hostility and toxicity that these forums have devolved into over the years, and he has given us permission--no, he has given us an order-- to immediately and severely clean it up. Which brings me to my next point.

3) The entire Code of Conduct has been re-written, by me, per Shane's explicit guidelines for what is punishable and what the punishment will be. The final draft is currently in his hands, and he will approve it and post it soon. It will represent the closest document we have had to reflecting Shane's absolute will for what he wants on his forums which he owns, and every one of us moderators is expected to uphold his will to the letter. So you're going to see some major changes in enforcement and in what we do and do not allow here. Which brings me to my last point.

4) We know that these changes are going to cause some people to leave. We recognize that some people have become so used to taking over this site with their hatred and insulting and drama-starting, that they are going to bristle at being forced to stop. Shane and the staff are absolutely willing to make those sacrifices in order to return and keep this forum what Shane wants it to be. This is the best forum in the world for twinking information, and we are dedicated to keeping it that way by getting rid of people who cannot comply with rules of basic decency towards other people. Each one of you as individuals is responsible for making the choices of how you are going to behave towards others, and if you violate our rules, you are responsible for the consequences; this is not a personal matter, this is your actions and the inevitable consequences of your actions, period.

Most of you are going to embrace the change that is coming and will breathe a sigh of relief at the removal of the toxic elements. Some of you who feed on those toxic elements are going to be majorly disappointed and upset. That's your choice however. These are the rules, and the rules will be enforced.

There are times when aggression is called for.

Let me be crystal clear about a couple of things:

1) Jva's ban was for only three days, and it was for telling a moderator to fuck off. No other reason. His actions towards Allybeboba in that threard were enough to warrant an infraction or a ban, but if you actually read the thread with an objective eye, which is apparently very difficult for most of you, you will see where I gave him a pass on his actual CoC violations because I wanted to try the route of explaining what was expected first before firing any guns. You guys are accusing me of being too strict when in reality I was being too lenient, and your friend Jva took advantage of my leniency and saw it as permission to curse me out. That is why he got this tiny three-day cooling-off ban. Which leads me to my next point.

2) According to Shane who came into the staff section to discuss the matter, he is disappointed that as a general rule the mods across the board are being way too lenient and permissive. He said that if it had been him and not me, he would have immediately banned Jva, Bacon1, and Allybeboba for an entire month. In his direct words, "I don't give a crap about the "he said, she said". If you are both complicit in the act, then you are both going to get tossed." He has instructed us to now be WAY more strict and severe with punishments, with there being no more infractions at all except for very minor things... any hostile post or insult is going to be an instant two-week ban. This is Shane's direct order. He is as sick as the rest of the moderators at the level of insult and hostility and toxicity that these forums have devolved into over the years, and he has given us permission--no, he has given us an order-- to immediately and severely clean it up. Which brings me to my next point.

3) The entire Code of Conduct has been re-written, by me, per Shane's explicit guidelines for what is punishable and what the punishment will be. The final draft is currently in his hands, and he will approve it and post it soon. It will represent the closest document we have had to reflecting Shane's absolute will for what he wants on his forums which he owns, and every one of us moderators is expected to uphold his will to the letter. So you're going to see some major changes in enforcement and in what we do and do not allow here. Which brings me to my last point.

4) We know that these changes are going to cause some people to leave. We recognize that some people have become so used to taking over this site with their hatred and insulting and drama-starting, that they are going to bristle at being forced to stop. Shane and the staff are absolutely willing to make those sacrifices in order to return and keep this forum what Shane wants it to be. This is the best forum in the world for twinking information, and we are dedicated to keeping it that way by getting rid of people who cannot comply with rules of basic decency towards other people. Each one of you as individuals is responsible for making the choices of how you are going to behave towards others, and if you violate our rules, you are responsible for the consequences; this is not a personal matter, this is your actions and the inevitable consequences of your actions, period.

Most of you are going to embrace the change that is coming and will breathe a sigh of relief at the removal of the toxic elements. Some of you who feed on those toxic elements are going to be majorly disappointed and upset. That's your choice however. These are the rules, and the rules will be enforced.
In the mistweave thread people were getting pumped up because it looked like you completely ignored Allybeboba's comments. Of the 4-5 people that commented in that thread, you were the only one that didn't see his comments as intentional bait and derailment. You will of course try to explain this by saying that we're biased by our hatred towards him. But if he have an exceptional ability to anger other members, is he really suited for this forum? (I know he has been banned, I was just trying to explain our point of view, which you don't seem to get, perhaps because you have now become biased against us).

And the only reason people wanted to #FreeJva was because at that point, he was the only one that had been hit by the banhammer, which seemed incredibly unfair.

Sounds quite melodramatic to Ban 3 people for having an on-topic discussion, Especially when two of those people were just trying to help a new Twink gear his character and trying to sway him away from purposely false information

In the mistweave thread people were getting pumped up because it looked like you completely ignored Allybeboba's comments. Of the 4-5 people that commented in that thread, you were the only one that didn't see his comments as intentional bait and derailment. You will of course try to explain this by saying that we're biased by our hatred towards him. But if he have an exceptional ability to anger other members, is he really suited for this forum? (I know he has been banned, I was just trying to explain our point of view, which you don't seem to get, perhaps because you have now become biased against us).

And the only reason people wanted to #FreeJva was because at that point, he was the only one that had been hit by the banhammer, which seemed incredibly unfair.

As I explained, in that thread I didn't take action on anyone for the comments they made to each other in the thread. As I said, the only reason any action was taken was because Jva told me to fuck off. In my post, I gave people instructions not to insult others, AND I ALSO specifically told Allybeboba that if he kept retaliating and escalating the issue, that I would hold him equally culpable. You guys are really choosing to ignore the fact that I levelled my warning equally at everyone.

Sounds quite melodramatic to Ban 3 people for having an on-topic discussion, Especially when two of those people were just trying to help a new Twink gear his character and trying to sway him away from purposely false information

This is a common example of how people try to twist reality. The reason they would be given the ban is not "for having an on-topic discussion", it would be for insulting, baiting, and generally making the forums a toxic environment. I know this, you know this, and you do your argument a disservice by falsely representing the facts. You all know perfectly well that the way in which you talk to each other is hostile, and I'm here telling you that Shane said it will not be tolerated, at all, anymore.

This is a forum that people seem to think they have free-reign on. A place where you can air your dirty laundry, curse until you can't think of anymore expletives to spew, insult/belittle/attack one another because you think that you are somehow a better person than the person(s) you arguing with.

The simple fact of the matter is that if you are going to behave like a child, you will be treated as such.

As moderators of this forum, we are done catering to this "kindergarten class". If you can't find the intellect to post something that benefits the community as a whole, then go somewhere else. Heck, go build your own forum and see how that does.

We are going to start being a lot more stringent with banning people. I would advise all of you, as of this moment, to fall into line with the new CoC that will be coming out sometime tomorrow.

We have given you all plenty of rope. Of course, you found a way to hang yourselves with it.

This subject is not up for anymore discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread