The double dichotomy proof of God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me guess, they believe in god too? Haha, you amuse me.

But you believe the world was created from nothing.... That's pretty stupid.

I have seen a ghost when i was younger and I believe in god. I really dont like the people who say: "there is no god"

i have seen no proof of any higher power throughout my life. I really don't like people who say "there is a god" without any evidence to back up their ridiculous claim. Also there are no such things as ghosts, idk what you saw but i guarantee you it wasn't a ghost. Memory his unreliable, and you said yourself you were young when you "saw" a "ghost" so i doubt it was anything more than a child who desperately wanted to see a ghost, so you made one up in your childhood mind. I never said there is no god, i merely implied it by stating that i don't believe religion has always been around and therefore the concept of a god has not always been around. At least back up your claim if you want me to take you seriously. Also just because 99% of your country is brainwashed to believe in a work of fiction doesn't mean that everyone else should be. Please take a minute to think for yourself instead of blindly accepting what your parents tell you to be true. They told you about santa clause too didn't they, and the easter bunny. Just because your parents tell you something as fact doesn't make it so.

Last edited by a moderator:
But you believe the world was created from nothing.... That's pretty stupid.

yeah, because the smartest people in the world are stupid... are you dense? What level of education do you have that makes you think that the leading scientists of today are less intelligent than yourself. Supposedly before the big bang there was a concentrated mass of all matter in the known universe that became unstable and has been continuously expanding ever since. It's not that the universe came from nothing, but that all matter was at one point in the same spot before the big bang.

I have proof that Tuesday is the Holy Day (not heathenistic Sunday)! I provide a quote from an old traditional ballad dating back to the beginning of time:

"Today is Tuesday
Tuesday -- spaghetti
All you hungry children, come and eat it up!"

^Irrefutable proof of the existence of Spaghetti (and by extension Giant Flaming Spaghetti Monster).

btw, being a gracious Deity, Giant Flaming Spaghetti Monster is somewhat flexible, in case of zombie attack. If you are living in an abandoned prison, surrounded by zombies seeking to eat your pasta(flesh), you may, in that circumstance, have Spaghetti Tuesday on a Wednesday.

Religion isn't just one specific idea, nor is it a particularly complex one. You can't keep thinking of religion (in general) as what the major religions of today are. Those religions are the culmination of thousands of years of people growing them. Before religion became a group-think phenomena, it was very simple and represented by very basic ideas. People thought gods/spirits were responsible for natural environmental events, which explains why different regions/cultures have different gods (since environmental events are different everywhere). We don't have a complete history of every man, woman, and child who ever lived, and much of the evidence of their daily lives is lost forever to the same environment they used to revere as the work of gods/spirits.

These people might not have had Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, or Judaism when they were alive, but they had beliefs about the world they found themselves in, and those beliefs were necessarily religious in nature.

all i'm saying is that i believe that at one point in time humanity had not come up with any answers to how the universe works and therefore hadn't developed a religion yet. I am well aware that the major religions of today are not the only religions represented throughout history I am merely stating that i believe that at one time in the self-conscious human being's time frame that no concept of a higher power existed. That's not saying it wasn't quickly developed i just firmly believe that religion is a construct of humanity and although the curiosity to answer the questions of the universe may have been innate in early humans i don't believe that religion necessarily was until someone decided a higher power than themselves was responsible for their present circumstances. I'm also not even saying that the first self-aware person didn't invent religion I'm just saying that i don't think the first self-aware human being knew about the concept of religion until they invented the idea and therefore religion at one point didn't exist

Because you got your information off of google..

Can't believe what other people tell you over the Internet unless you go in depth and study it further. And from what I've seen, it doesnt look like you took the time to fully understand that information.

what the fuck are you talking about man. if i can't trust other people, why can you trust the bible that was written by...you guessed it, other people? Your logic seems to be severely flawed. Are you telling me you can't prove me wrong at all? I have done copious amounts of research about the age of earth when in college, so please don't tell me i don't understand the information. If anything you seem to flat out refuse any logic and scientific knowledge. Have you done any research on the age of the earth? do you know about radiometric dating or half-lives of radioactive isotopes? you seem to be the one who doesn't fully understand the information. I'd be happy to explain it to you in layman's terms if you are still confused. Unlike you i have actually briefly studied physics and have done in-depth research on the subject so please stop talking out of your ass and actually contribute something intellectual to the conversation instead of merely stating someone is wrong with absolutely no evidence to back up your ridiculous claims. Btw i learned all of that from a christian physics professor at a catholic institution... even they believed in evolution and the big bang, so even people who share your religious beliefs are willing to look past their petty beliefs at the observable facts of the universe.

i have seen no proof of any higher power throughout my life. I really don't like people who say "there is a god" without any evidence to back up their ridiculous claim. Also there are no such things as ghosts, idk what you saw but i guarantee you it wasn't a ghost. Memory his unreliable, and you said yourself you were young when you "saw" a "ghost" so i doubt it was anything more than a child who desperately wanted to see a ghost, so you made one up in your childhood mind. I never said there is no god, i merely implied it by stating that i don't believe religion has always been around and therefore the concept of a god has not always been around. At least back up your claim if you want me to take you seriously. Also just because 99% of your country is brainwashed to believe in a work of fiction doesn't mean that everyone else should be. Please take a minute to think for yourself instead of blindly accepting what your parents tell you to be true. They told you about santa clause too didn't they, and the easter bunny. Just because your parents tell you something as fact doesn't make it so.

So according to you , I saw a strange creature 1.8metres high, that wore a black dress, that had totally black eyes and was standing next to the black wall starring at me. Interesting. I would believe this was a hallucination if the wall woundn't be colored in black.

It is easier for me to commit homicide/suicide than not to believe in god.

So according to you , I saw a strange creature 1.8metres high, that wore a black dress, that had totally black eyes and was standing next to the black wall starring at me. Interesting. I would believe this was a hallucination if the wall woundn't be colored in black.

It is easier for me to commit homicide/suicide than not to believe in god.

You don't seem to realize the possibility that ghosts/apparitions & God can be mutually exclusive.

& why would a black wall make it NOT a hallucination?

I've had lots of experiences years ago with LSD & Magic Mushrooms, and NEVER have I come up with the concept of "if there is a black wall, it is real not hallucination".

That is just fucked up.

I'm going to close this thread now. Discussion is pretty much pointlessly going around in circles, with thinly veiled insults mixed in. We should agree to disagree before the insults become a lot more obvious (and nastier).

Everyone's got their own beliefs / opinions and we should try to respect that.

I mean, come on. It's not like anyone's going to convert as a result of arguments on a internet forum. And arguing for the sake of arguing (especially about a sensitive topic like religion) ain't very healthy for the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread