Hot The 39 BfA BiS Gear Handbook

Really good info, everyone. Thank you! I added most of the mentioned gear, and made a couple of deletions.

Question about the Fang set: I can see that for Boomkins, but I'd never use crit on a MW. What about RDruids -- is there some crit-based ability for Rdruids that might make the Fang set more attractive? There are so many good non-fang pieces and a ton of crit on the Fang set, that I figure that's why I never see an Rdruid using even the 2-pc bonus.

Outstanding reference for this community. Thank you for putting this together!

People sell the scaled epics that they farm. So you can buy scaled versions, albeit at a usually higher cost.

Big question for "of the x" gear - what are max secondaries

From what I've seen on my priest:
boots +12
off hand +8
cape +10
bracer +10
legs +16 (?)
green lens +18
neck +10
gloves +12
chest +12

Appreciate any input you guys have, I recorded a few other slots just have those notes sitting at home.

Thank you for the idea on this -- I updated the guide with a list of top stats (found so far) for greens.

Last edited:
Thank you for the idea on this -- I updated the guided with a list of top stats (found so far) for greens.

Happy to help. Just an edit, you have neck listed at +9, should be +10. This is for boe greens like lodestone etc

@Kirise

sry didnt get links but here are a few i didnt see

warden's mantle - leather
corrupted keeper's band head - mail
upgraded dwarven hand cannon
heavy scale hood - mail
razor gauntlets- mail
soothsayer's harness - leather

Good catches! ...Are the razor gauntlets worth the loss of secondary stats for the proc?

I haven't added any BoE shoulders since the stats on those so far haven't outdone the BoAs to the point where it's worth losing out on the shoulder enchant and stepping down to the armor kit.

Last kill for SFBM I found to be 2018-03-24 through WoWhead, user mentions it dropping off trash before the last boss in Uldaman. Since we've had confirmed drops for PoD and Jackhammer's since the scaling changes, I would think this item is untouched. Would like a new screenshot though.

Great guide but i don't understand how the scaling works. say if i go to purchase Hand of Edward the Odd from the AH would it scale to level 39?

No, you cannot purchase a high level item and have it automatically scale to you. You would have to buy it at the level you want, but there are caveats to that (scaled 39 epics are found at req. level less than 39 because of odd scaling issues if looted on a 39 character).

Read these threads in their entirety - they will help tremendously in understanding the scaling system a bit more.

https://xpoff.com/threads/farm-spots-for-39-boe-greens.81322/

https://xpoff.com/threads/a-journey...ck-mountain-bathing-in-the-purple-rain.79562/
[doublepost=1541621669,1541621496][/doublepost]Really excellent draft on gear. I'm sure as more and more people leave their input on gear this list will become even more useful. Nice job, Kirise.

No, you cannot purchase a high level item and have it automatically scale to you. You would have to buy it at the level you want, but there are caveats to that (scaled 39 epics are found at req. level less than 39 because of odd scaling issues if looted on a 39 character).

Read these threads in their entirety - they will help tremendously in understanding the scaling system a bit more.

https://xpoff.com/threads/farm-spots-for-39-boe-greens.81322/

https://xpoff.com/threads/a-journey...ck-mountain-bathing-in-the-purple-rain.79562/
[doublepost=1541621669,1541621496][/doublepost]Really excellent draft on gear. I'm sure as more and more people leave their input on gear this list will become even more useful. Nice job, Kirise.

Ah thank you so much for this!!

Question about the Fang set: I can see that for Boomkins, but I'd never use crit on a MW. What about RDruids -- is there some crit-based ability for Rdruids that might make the Fang set more attractive? There are so many good non-fang pieces and a ton of crit on the Fang set, that I figure that's why I never see an Rdruid using even the 2-pc bonus.

The crit isn't a huge deal - only two pieces have it (belt and legs), and between the AB belt and leg enchants those are probably the first two you'd want to drop for better options anyways. 13 points of crit isn't the end of the world either, with the way that stats scale in general it's a little bit better when you don't have any of it.

I can't speak for how other people gear, but based on the rough value I give to stats the 2pc is definitely worth using. The full 5pc is more questionable, it has similar throughput to other bis options but does give up a good bit of stam. It can be a decent choice if you value int a bit higher over secondaries and don't mind dropping some survivability.

Not totally on topic, but I tossed my super quick math on leather gear sets into a google sheet here. Can make a copy and add another gear set or tweak stat values to your liking. Obviously not every possible combination, but i tried to include most potential bis options, and different sets I've seen people using.

Users who are viewing this thread