TBC Solo Dungeon Complete with Druid

enchlol

Legend
I'm happy to announce I've finally completed all accessible TBC dungeons on my Druid Tapakeg. I used @Dragynslayer excellent guide for a reference to help building my character. Rather than repeat the things he wrote, I'll only add where I see notable differences or where I think I can make additions to the Gaurdian Druid solo community.

Gearing:
Many of the TBC dungeons can be done with sub-optimal gear. So I really don't recommend special thresholds. My character currently has a bunch of TBC gem gear slotted with +1 agi gems. And it's still on starting profs of Enchanting / Tailoring so I'm missing Steady Talasite and Engineering niceties. Even so, most dungeons are doable as long as you're patient and careful with your pulls.

For most dungeons, I like fairly even mix of haste / crit / mastery. However, both bosses in Auchenai Crypts are a complete P.I.T.A. For reasons I'll get into in a separate post, Haste and Crit really shine on this specific dungeon.

Consumables:
I didn't really run many other than standard health pots and mana pots until I hit the brick wall that is Crypts. On that specific dungeon, I needed to find a better way to gain HP without shifting out of bear and casting. Which lead me to

Charged Crystal Focus
This was an absolute game changer. At level 20, it heals for 2000 HP. This heal is affected by guardian mastery, so it ends up being a little bit more than that. Additionally, IT CAN CRIT?!?! This thing was a complete life saver. Contrary to some earlier posts, this can also be used in BGs though the heal seems slightly smaller. I farmed them in Crystal Spine of northern Blades Edge.

Misc Items:
I needed Darkmoon Cannon to access Mech and Bot as well as farm up the aforementioned Charged Crystal. I also used the consumable gliders purchased with Marks of Honor since I haven't picked up engineering yet.

That's all for general notes. In another post, I'll talk about Crypts bosses specifically. I just don't want spoilers in this post.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 11.53.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 11.53.31 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
btw you can get gliders from the eng hut in the wod garrison for some fur from mobs and some ore from your mine.

@enchlol My man, congratulations!! I'm so pumped to see other players doing these challenges as well and being able to help out a bit with my guides. You are not kidding about AC man, that place can be hella hard >_<, especially when you're first learning the ropes of it! Big gratz my friend, and thanks for your contributions as well :D!!

Woot! Way to go! Planning on keeping it going into other expansions?
Yup. Not sure which I'll try next. TBC was an easy first choice because it had a lot of gear I needed to get up and going. I've dipped my toe into both Legion and WotLK dungeons so far. I'll probably focus on profs for a bit to get at least as Steady Talasite before making a serious push through whatever expansion I do next.

Users who are viewing this thread