Swiftness Pots in 10v10s

Quara said:
I'll agree to disagree. I would continue my argument but nothing will come of it. Abortions and torture and now swiftness potions, I s'pose

EDIT: I will say, though, that being aggressive and condescending does not help prove your point. It only makes people tend to disagree with you.

most people are very stubborn, slow, and close-minded, especially in the united states. being overly harsh is oftentimes the only way to get through to someone and force them to reorient themselves to think objectively, and that's why i point things out the way i do. it's basic human psychology.

it's the same reason why advertising so often utilizes shock value to get into the heads of consumers. it's also the reason why training programs such as military "boot camps" utilize shock value and over-reaction to force participants to change their mindset. another example is religion, where religious leaders will often over-emphasize certain aspects or interpretations of "morality" to guilt or scare followers into certain decisions.

eh I can see the reasoning behind wanting speed pots to not be in premades but tbh the item adds dimension to the bracket and maybe that effect brings people out of their comfort zones. Sure two paladins can take off with your flag but what's to stop your team from doing the same? Each side can do the same thing. The question being presented is whether or not the effect of abusing speed pots ruins the game.

They have a long enough cd, which is shared with other potions.

Rogues can still sprint more quickly, which means cc that healer and drop the efc.

It's completely nullified by a single slow, meaning a solo fc isn't off scott-free just because of his potion.

Without speed pots, how can a bad team be embarrassed by a hilarious occurrence of Warsong Expedience? :p

I'm cool with speed pots in 10v10 or PUG but I don't anything wrong with banning it for some games. Play the way you want to play.

Users who are viewing this thread