suggestions plz!

Orahwinfuy

Legend
Thinking about making a f2p if the 70s bracket doesnt awe me like im hoping it will. If I choose to do so, what class is needed? I was thinking rogue, arms warr or ret pally. Also, would It be shunned upon for me to make a character on my p2p account but play with all the f2p restrictions?

P2Ps restricted are fine but if you play f2p u can keep playing if you dont feel like paying a month. Also you can boost yourself with rep factions or agm.

Some of the caster classes like Mage and Lock are very sparse, but really for good reason currently with spell hit so messed up with the scaling.

I've heard a few good things about Rets coming from the PTR but haven't verified anything myself. You could always make an easy transition to Prot if you needed to, which is pretty popular among paladins.

Boomkin druids are also pretty rare in my experience because most are resto.

Shammy (especially enhance because its not in the best of positions spec wise) would round out my top 5 of least played classes.

ret pala is shit atm.

arms warr works , but prot is just overpowered right now

Rogue is decent :)

if u wanna play healer i suggest holy pala or resto druid

Welcome! I agree with above advice, if you try it I'd consider making a separate account. Downside: you can't buy BoEs or mail BoAs, which will be annoying. Making it worth it: you can run yourself through dungeons, help yourself if you want to fish for LFH, etc. and you get a free character you can always play unsubbed. :)

I personally find Resto and Ele Shaman and Disc and Holy Priest to be very enjoyable. :) Warriors and Rogues probably do well in any spec, Ret Paladins do fall behind Prot in damage, but I think you could make it work if you like a challenge.

You seem to favor dps since you named only dps specs. Any dps spec besides casters (as mentioned broken spell hit atm) and prots (war/pally) are viable. Healers are pretty OP and you really can't do wrong with any healer you choose but out of the classes you said I'd say rogue is the best. Arms war is a decent middle ground and ret seems to be getting a moderate buff in this nxt xpac.

Also P2P 20 with F2P chants will NOT get shunned.. You will probably be looked up to for not being a 24 with all that stuff tbh lol so don't worry about that :p 24s are not rare at all. Normally I see from 3-10 in the bg but most are bad so don't need to worry unless they group up :) welcome to the bracket

I would recommend using a f2p account that is attached to your main p2p account so you can still have access to your mounts and companions, yet you will always have the ability to play the free account even if you dont pay anymore.

Rogue is what I would recommend out of the classes you listed, since they are great for both WSG and AB, and also arena etc.

Arms and all warrior specs in general are pretty boring to play, the have few abilities and very little nuance involved at this level IMO.

Ret has very weak damage atm but is a pretty strong off healer so in a sense they are currently a totally support oriented class, as opposed to burst oriented. They are supposedly getting a buff next patch.

Due to the fluid nature of WoW where class power balance is constantly shifting, I'd just go with what you like at the moment. Level 20 twinks arent a huge time committment so you can always make a few different classes.

Thanks for all the info guys! Ive decided on holy pally. Im also gonna make an actual account so I can boost myself. I never even took that into consideration lol. What server would you guys recommend for a horde pally?

Users who are viewing this thread