PTR Strong vs Weak Classes Speculation (lv20)

Or a dh will see you while invisible then immediately pull you out of it. Or the hunter himself will be using stealth or they will vanish the moment you open on them. Do remember they also have turtle and aspect of cheetah too. MM hunters definitely have options even if they arent op, they can even bypass armor with arcane shot if they need to. I think dks will help counter them a lot though with death grip. This will be an interesting meta, I don't think just one or two spec/classes will be top s tier, as one counters another which counters another. Rogues will be all over casters/healers, while dhs will be all over rogues.
[doublepost=1602466247,1602464992][/doublepost]I have not tested this or read much about it yet, but is it possible to get a vet dk/dh out of the starting zone before 10 or 20?

DKs essentially don't have a starting zone. They just port into Org at 10, basically.

DH's get out of their starting zone at around level 16.

better hope they don't know how to scatter/conc/trap...
Wow, this brought back memories. I used to love the Scat-Trap combo in arena.
It is quite a powerful toolkit especially against healers.
Wish BM had that option.....
It’s going to be a great X-Pac so long as they nerf all the broken stuff currently slipping though the cracks.

The fact they take about 50% increased damage in pvp means most tank specs won't find their way into any meta.
This only holds true currently because its impossible to get tank specs into a healthpool size that justifies the extra damage.

With the possibility of running 18 +6 stam trinkets though, you start looking at some specs a little differently. Just, for instance, some numbers from my poorly geared 20 warrior on the PTR.

In shatt gear w/
no gems: 1590 health (so, roughly a glass DPS health pool)
Arms, full stam gems: 2739 (w/ 50% phys reduction)
Prot, full stam gems: 3421 (w/ 56% phys reduction)

Keep in mind, thats in a gear set thats like "first 5 minutes bis". Its literally just "copy toon, buy shatt gear, gem it". I'm still wearing dps trinkets, current neck/rings, etc. So that difference is only going to increase as you get more stam.

With that kind of health pool AND the utility available through their PVP talents, prot could see some play. And warriors are probably the worst example of this. Prot pallies look disgustingly good.

This only holds true currently because its impossible to get tank specs into a healthpool size that justifies the extra damage.

With the possibility of running 18 +6 stam trinkets though, you start looking at some specs a little differently. Just, for instance, some numbers from my poorly geared 20 warrior on the PTR.

In shatt gear w/
no gems: 1590 health (so, roughly a glass DPS health pool)
Arms, full stam gems: 2739 (w/ 50% phys reduction)
Prot, full stam gems: 3421 (w/ 56% phys reduction)

Keep in mind, thats in a gear set thats like "first 5 minutes bis". Its literally just "copy toon, buy shatt gear, gem it". I'm still wearing dps trinkets, current neck/rings, etc. So that difference is only going to increase as you get more stam.

With that kind of health pool AND the utility available through their PVP talents, prot could see some play. And warriors are probably the worst example of this. Prot pallies look disgustingly good.

The pvp talent aspect could give them a viable position actually, hadn't thought of that.

Is the consensus that those gems will stay as strong as they are?

Users who are viewing this thread