PTR Strong vs Weak Classes Speculation (lv20)

Reddawg

Veteran
Now that level 20 is all but confirmed and we have a good idea of the abilities and talents each class will be getting at 20, what are you guys thoughts and opinions on which classes will be strong and which ones will be weak. Obviously it is much too early to tell, but its always fun to speculate.

WW monk looks really fun with a stun, a kick and good mobility, I am hoping their damage scales decently well. Hpals look to have quite a strong kit as well and (unfortunately) MM Hunters. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Pure speculation?

We're all gonna spend 90% of our games watching a rez timer while vulp/LF hunters snipe at each other from their respective flag rooms.
Sounds about right with current mastery stacking. At least rogue will have a place in the meta then, if DHs arent super popular.

Taking a look at resto druid, seems like a well rounded build. The only issue is that they'll only have access to 2 HOTs for their mastery proc.

However we gain 2 defensive abilities (bark skin and iron fur), a root AND dispel which means resto will still be a great solo Q FC.

On top of that, with the unpruning of abilities we gain access to a basic set of fetal abilities to do some dmg.

Only downside to me atm is that Lifebloom is level 21 :(

Pure speculation?

We're all gonna spend 90% of our games watching a rez timer while vulp/LF hunters snipe at each other from their respective flag rooms.

Yep, for about 6 months if anybody is lucky this is the BEST case scenario that is going to be happening. And its not even with glass cannon gear that Hunters are going to run rampant with. Rogues will be marginally effective, but not really since they have to damage though actual gear and not 1400 hp like they do now on glass cannon hunters.

It really is going to be a sad state, and as everybody has ranted before... shitty kids that play hunters just won't care about the actual complete meta... I assume we will see a lot of aimed shot youtube montages with 2 views and 2 dislikes.

Maybe you could just stack all STAM gems to survive 1 Aimed shot, then heal up... move 1 foot closer to the target... then repeat till the hunter can't move... and I mean this is dead best case scenario.

Last edited:
MM Hunter, Shadow Priest, UH/Frost DK, Havoc DH and Arcane Mage are looking very strong imo. Interestingly enough, though, I think Fire might have some potential with the ignite spread and more of their core skills being added to the rotation. Windwalker Monk also seems to have some potential with the stun and combo mastery. What is currently strong will probably remain strong, such as Outlaw Rogue, Balance Druid etc etc, you know the drill. I was a bit excited for Enhancement, but their kit seems a bit lackluster. I would need to play it more to be sure. Warriors seem to pack a decent enough kit as well, so I might give 'em another shot too. Arms with the bleed mastery will probably be fun, albeit not as fun as Fury of course.

I'm gonna play survival, outlaw assass, all druid specs, unholy, arms fury, and frost mage! I'm excited for this expansion! If there's time ele/resto sham with a meme enhance set!

Hunters don't hit very hard in full Shattrath gear. They deal good damage, but quite a number of ranged classes deal more DPS and burst.

In full Legion 44, they're not that impressive either. Although the range is definitely annoying.

MM hunters are being very overhyped, haha.

better hope they don't know how to scatter/conc/trap...
Lol! That's very true! Trinket helps, but I will just get conc shotted again. If someone can pull off that combo off, they're atleast a decent hunter and not some glass cannon aimed shot nerd we tend to see.

Lol! That's very true! Trinket helps, but I will just get conc shotted again. If someone can pull off that combo off, they're atleast a decent hunter and not some glass cannon aimed shot nerd we tend to see.
Or a dh will see you while invisible then immediately pull you out of it. Or the hunter himself will be using stealth or they will vanish the moment you open on them. Do remember they also have turtle and aspect of cheetah too. MM hunters definitely have options even if they arent op, they can even bypass armor with arcane shot if they need to. I think dks will help counter them a lot though with death grip. This will be an interesting meta, I don't think just one or two spec/classes will be top s tier, as one counters another which counters another. Rogues will be all over casters/healers, while dhs will be all over rogues.
[doublepost=1602466247,1602464992][/doublepost]I have not tested this or read much about it yet, but is it possible to get a vet dk/dh out of the starting zone before 10 or 20?

Users who are viewing this thread