State of the Bracket?

Oniyui

Legend
Hey everyone!

Just wondering what the state of the bracket is in the NA servers. Primarily…

How many 20s/24s in a usual game?
How's scaling between f2p 20s/24s?
How's the balance between Burst/Control/Sustained/Healing or however you prefer to phrase it?
What are the flavor of the month classes?
How are f2p ele shams?
How are f2p frost mages?
How are f2p disc priests?
How are f2p bm hunters?

~Oni

same thing as 70/80/85

in short-awful

long answer
either 1-2 24s or a premade
dancing steel alone gives 124 agility lets just say that
healers can get bursted solo in this patch, still difficult unless you are a hunter or rogue
hunter rogue paladin druid
good
worthless
good
good

Alliance has been seeing a mass influx of Call of Duty players :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll wait until the next patch to test the water. :l

xD

though I do find the spread of hunter specs interesting… thought Survival would be more dominant.

edit: just remembered intimidation is lvl 30 now. :l /interest

though I do find the spread of hunter specs interesting… thought Survival would be more dominant.

They are just too retarded to find out that survival is easily the best spec, otherwise they would all be survival.

what is wrong with call of duty cod 4 mw2 are like the best games

I happen to be an ex-alliance player( had 4 alliance hunters) still play alliance in other brackets tho

If you're playing hunter without Head Bob on, you're doing it wrong.

I was in this AB 2 days ago. No (!) Hunter on both sides. Stayed this the whole game.
View attachment 3718

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_022414_141735.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_022414_141735.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 149
Things can vary wildly depending on when you play it's really difficult to make broad generalizations as a result. I play est and find in the evening AB usually has 9 hunts, 6 pals, 5 rogues, 5 druids. I don't often track for wsg because 24 premades throw class ratios out the window. Last night I was in a wsg with 8 horde healers, the very next match had 8 ally hunters…no joke. Things can be all over the place.

20/24 %
Hard to say. Ally's tend to crz queue while horde tends to roll premades and you can rely on seeing a 5 man 24 horde team steam rolling though everyday. Last night ally side had from 4-7 24's in each wsg around 12p set, which was unusual.

Burst
I posted in another thread that I tested damage in bg from a quest geared hunter and came up with about 340 dps, or 2100 in 6 seconds on leather, no crits included. 20 hunters are higher on the chart than anything other a 24 hunter. Rogues ambush for @700 noncrit and between 1000-1600 with crit/zerker. Shield slam can still hit cloth for nearly 1k. And then there are the 24's.

Fotm
Surv hunters, 24 s.priest, 24 frost mage…prot palls are on the downswing now that the br players have realized it's easier to back peddle on a hunter.

Ele shams are fine. Mages are mostly absent as f2p's atm…they do well in things that aren't represented on a kb/damage chart. Tbh, I feel bad for all the folks still playing them and always try to show them some love whenever I can…last night on my cheese geared r.druid I kept Spookah focused all night just 'cuz.

Disc priests are fine but like mages, they look less fine on a chart. They're the most vulnerable to rogues and hunters which make up much of the bracket. Same as always.

Bm hunters are a joke. Surv hunters are a joke. MM hunters are a joke. Hunters are a joke.

Wsg can be summed up as you either steamroll or get steamrolled. Competitive games might be 1 in 10.

AB is a zergfest in which 12 people will spend minutes getting a flag and then immediately move on leaving no one to defend. So, you spend the entire match chasing your tail and cursing people from br

So, biz as usual.

The silver lining is that there seems to be something happening on the arena front again.

Hey everyone!

Just wondering what the state of the bracket is in the NA servers. Primarily…

How many 20s/24s in a usual game?
How's scaling between f2p 20s/24s?
How's the balance between Burst/Control/Sustained/Healing or however you prefer to phrase it?
What are the flavor of the month classes?
How are f2p ele shams?
How are f2p frost mages?
How are f2p disc priests?
How are f2p bm hunters?

~Oni

It's still playable imo, just don't play something that is going to die a ton (like a mage) if you hate dying a ton.
Saw you last night in wsg. I was the crazy druid that tried to show you guys where to run to to avoid duopaladin and his merry band of foamy-mouthed gy camping 24's…also tried to get some /dance time in but our huntards were not cooperating.

Anyway, gg and a noble attempt.

Saw you last night in wsg. I was the crazy druid that tried to show you guys where to run to to avoid duopaladin and his merry band of foamy-mouthed gy camping 24's…also tried to get some /dance time in but our huntards were not cooperating.

Anyway, gg and a noble attempt.

We shall never surrender!

Yep ggs, I think I also came up against you some on my other druid :D I really did have no idea you could jump the fence at that spot, nice find.

I think I'll wait until the next patch to test the water. :l

xD

edit: just remembered intimidation is lvl 30 now. :l /interest
SV is dominant, 95% or so hunters are SV and it's the best spec in terms of damage/mobility.
BM is the best for any 1v1 if your opponent can't heal cause of 100yard kill command, overall KC is almost the same in terms of damage as explosive, but since it's physical it's mitigated a lot and 40 focus >> 25 focus.
MM is fun to kill in 2GCDs jajajas with 1.4k hp or so with a small buff to aimed in 5.4
Overall hunters are OP as shit.

x1rR38h.gif

The Patron Saint of 20-24 Alliance Hunters

edit: this post was in response to an epic piece of rage that has since been deleted

Users who are viewing this thread