Star wars vii

I wasn't excited for the new series. After seeing Han and Chewie, I'm excited now.

What do you fellow star wars nerds think about Disney completely disregarding all other story lines, books, tv series etc etc...?

Not everyone is aware of the SW expanded universe. Disney did not create the film for Star Wars "nerds". They created it to make their company and their share holders money. And one way to do that is to capture the largest audience as possible. The script will stay true to the previous movies, which is what the largest portion of the audience will be familiar with.

/cheers

What do you fellow star wars nerds think about Disney completely disregarding all other story lines, books, tv series etc etc...?

Because many of them were all over the place. And as [MENTION=13421]Allybeboba[/MENTION] said, it wouldn't really appeal to the large fan base and also audience that isn't familiar with the franchise. Many fans of the series considered this before it was announced. That and the fact that most of those books were nothing more than published fan fictions by completely different authors.

Edit: although I would like to see a Starkiller cameo or reference somewhere in the movie. But it doesn't bother me if it doesn't.

Last edited:
Starkiller - yes. Rogue squadron was a really unique way to think about x wings pilots. The Zahn series was great too.

Some of the people at my daughter's hospital with were going today at a 7:00pm showing here in Houston at a 3D IMAX. So apparently, there are some early premiers. She offered to buy me some tickets but I would prefer to wait a week or two.

/cheers

I won't be able to go. I cried about it, but at least someone else can enjoy my ticket .-.

I won't be able to go. I cried about it, but at least someone else can enjoy my ticket .-.

What happenned?! I made sure to tell my boss ahead of time for 2 days off 11:00 pm showing and a long ass drive.

What happenned?! I made sure to tell my boss ahead of time for 2 days off 11:00 pm showing and a long ass drive.

My significant other is out of town for work duties, and I didn't want to see It without them.

0'whale.

Users who are viewing this thread