Star wars vii

Psyched.
But what's up with that light sabre?
Hopefully Abrams and Disney don't botch it... fingers crossed.

Seriously? Nobody?

I think people are conservative about how they feel about the teaser :p

I went crazy on my FB page, so when I saw your post I wasnt so hyped then when I originally saw it!

I loved the X-wings part and the effects on the water from how close theyre moving from it.

First 2 shots (Black dude, and the soccer robot) made me think originally that it was a parody. Rest was awesome.

Edit** I just watched it again. I lose my shit when the Sith voice says "And the light side..." then you see the Millennium falcon, then BA-BAM! manoeuvres around the TIE fighters with the classic gun sounds! Im like not able to sit in my chair still, so much facial expressions going crazy, tearing up. Then I pretend im driving it trying to avoid the shots and im like wooooooh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psyched.
But what's up with that light sabre?
Hopefully Abrams and Disney don't botch it... fingers crossed.

Looks practical in a way, keeping another lightsaber from sliding past the hilt and dismembering the weilder's hand. But most likely it will incorporate into some type of personal combat style of the sith. Much like how darth maul had the 2-sided saber. Just adds conflict :)
I'm sure they didn't ruin the classic design.. Lets hope

Edit: saw this in the youtube comment section. Worthy of note:

"The lightsaber function you guys are talking about is NOT a guard to prevent the opponent's blade cutting off the weilders hand. It is a cool idea, but think about it. If the 'blade' of the opponents light saber slides down, it would cut through that metal bit serving as the hilt. Because lightsabers can cut through metal. So its useless.

It's been confirmed that it's infact an exhaust port. The old lightsaber technology had to exhaust heat/plasma, and for stylistic sake, it's in the shape of a broadsword hilt."

Could be some old tech that a sith lord came across or was passed down to, or it could be a really old sith.

Last edited:
It's been confirmed that it's infact an exhaust port. The old lightsaber technology had to exhaust heat/plasma, and for stylistic sake, it's in the shape of a broadsword hilt."

Could be some old tech that a sith lord came across or was passed down to, or it could be a really old sith.

That's actually pretty rad. I was trying to figure out why they would do that.

First 2 shots (Black dude, and the soccer robot) made me think originally that it was a parody. Rest was awesome.

Edit** I just watched it again. I lose my shit when the Sith voice says "And the light side..." then you see the Millennium falcon, then BA-BAM! manoeuvres around the TIE fighters with the classic gun sounds! Im like not able to sit in my chair still, so much facial expressions going crazy, tearing up. Then I pretend im driving it trying to avoid the shots and im like wooooooh.

To be fair the clone troopers were pretty mush phased out by episode 4. With i think only 1 regiment still remaining active. Which is why you see different sized troopers in the old movies, and a black guy in this new movie. The droid on the other hand... looks really stupid, i'll agree. Cool thing about the falcon is it's sensor dish was broken off in the previous episode, it's since been replaced by another

falcon.jpg

So many cool things about this new movie, i can't wait to watch it.

The droid on the other hand... looks really stupid, i'll agree.

I think it's just the top of a droid (like r2d2) rolling on a soccer(foot) ball. But yea it seemed silly when I first saw it. Seems like a baby astromech. But hey, starwars without a lil bit of humor and robot shenanigans just doesn't feel right.

edit: just noticed your sig

Last edited:
Really dug the camera work in the scene of the troopers on a jump ship. Makes me excited to see what artistic updates the new crew brings!

Users who are viewing this thread