Speed Gear

Reach49

Hey guys,

i'm trying to make a fast lvl 20 F2P Priest. I'm currently lvl 15, so i can get myself some ilvl50 gear to put some old world enchants on it.

Should i aim for some BFA/Legion loot with a speed tert proc or is there a better option?

As enchants go, i thought of these two:
Feet: Minor Speed
Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Gift of Critical Strike
Are there any more old enchants worth looking at?

No but for when you’re 20 there is a world bfa blue cloth set which gives a 2pc 5% stacking speed set bonus. One of those pieces are boots which if you’re lucky might also proc a socket and/or speed, and could be enchanted (not sure what level you’d need to be)

There’s also the TBC dungeon quest items which has the ability to proc epic and be ilv87 at 20 and be eligible for speed SL gem bonuses. These pieces for cloth are chest, boots and gloves I believe and they all give 2-3 sockets each

You can also slot in bfa speed gems, 2 tops, in most sockets at lv 20

Finally from here it’s the grind to obtain WOD dungeon warforged epics with a speed tert for any remaining slots. Priest will want to farm a circle of flame with speed and socket from BRD grim guzzler teleport first boss as well.

Curious. Why priest? I feel like there are other classes with innate speed enhancing abilities.

If I think of more I’ll edit my post further.

You can take the boat to zuldazar from echo isles in durotar, the boots are recommended to get at lvl 15 so they will be <ilvl 50 for minor speed

This macro throws on your shield and subsequent uses drop a feather at your location. It's a pretty great QoL improvement

#showtooltip
/castsequence [known:121536,@mouseover,help,nodead][known:121536,@player] reset=6 Power Word: Shield, Angelic Feather, Angelic Feather, Angelic Feather; Power Word: Shield

There is a speed hard cap from speed rating

For 20s the hard cap is 110 speed rating, which gives +49% additional speed

Of course enchants/gems that give a flat value of speed % instead of rating will still give you speed in addition to this rating limit.

There is a speed hard cap from speed rating

For 20s the hard cap is 110 speed rating, which gives +49% additional speed

Of course enchants/gems that give a flat value of speed % instead of rating will still give you speed in addition to this rating limit.
Do I understand correctly that movement speed % from rating and from net % will not only sum, but also multiply?

Do I understand correctly that movement speed % from rating and from net % will not only sum, but also multiply?
No there is no multiplicative elements when it comes to speed rating or move speed %

But you can basically assume that in almost all cases movespeed % will typically stack (add) to other move speed effects.

There are some examples of oddities where that’s not the case. Typically it comes down to old world movespeed meta gems not working correctly or TBC era+ boot enchants that give movespeed + stats not stacking with other enchants (like the “gift of X secondary” cloak enchant)

Users who are viewing this thread