Simple questions

NKVD

Veteran
Hello,
So I've been looking into this because it looks fun and it's nice to have a goal(getting gear etc..) . I've Googled around and as the internet does I've found a couple different answers to questions.

My goal is to get get a Druid(Feral) for speed. I want to do past content either for farming or just to see it/experience the story.

1) For PVE content is it better to stop at 110 or 111?
2) Using the HoA would it be good to run IE to get as much out of it as possible before Blizzard does something?

I want to use a boost as I still have my free 110. I'm a little concerned that right after use it Blizzard will kill my hopes and dreams. Thank you for any help and clarifying things. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas.

If this is the wrong section, apologies.

1) I think generally people stop at 110 if they're just island junkies
2) yes, sell the islands to ppl too. you get HoA lvls, drops, and ez gold all at the same time :eek:
I want to use a boost as I still have my free 110. I'm a little concerned that right after use it Blizzard will kill my hopes and dreams.
blizzard is the reason I don't have hopes and dreams anymore

110 and 111 are pretty similar for pve. 110 has better scaling, 111 has worse scaling, but access to (some) BfA gems/chants (they recently nerfed what ilvl gear can accept BfA gems), as well as an alchemy trinket. Both have the same BiS for the most part (mythic antorus gear + leggos + azerite pieces). For initial gearing up, 111 has access to some crafted gear that is not BiS, but can give you a nice easy jumpstart - especially if you don't care about antorus.

For movespeed, I don't know how well feral does compared to things like DH and warrior. I'm guessing they are solid with the legion leggo boots and perhaps sephuz? I don't know if they have anything to convert stats into speed like DH (master = movespeed) and warrior (legion legendary boots convert highest secondary into movespeed). If so, then 110 is probably better due to better scaling.

Without the leggo boots or Sephuz my 110 feral is at 155% in cat form, using two inner ring speed traits.

I'd have to think the leggo boots would be better use than the chest, when you can get 4% from an azerite chest. They chose the green boots for the enchant, but leggo boots give 25%, right? Unless you don't kill anything for a minute... and if so, whats the point of speed? AND the wisp speed would kick in then anyway...

I think im missing something. But the spam-dauntless-for-speed-procs is a good idea for sure.

Wow. I did not think I would get any answers so quickly.
Thank you. Looks like I got some more reading todo.

Sorry about your hopes and dreams. Few more days until the new year. Maybe we will get something good.

I'd have to think the leggo boots would be better use than the chest, when you can get 4% from an azerite chest. They chose the green boots for the enchant, but leggo boots give 25%, right? Unless you don't kill anything for a minute... and if so, whats the point of speed? AND the wisp speed would kick in then anyway...

I think im missing something. But the spam-dauntless-for-speed-procs is a good idea for sure.

I can only speculate, but...
  • Minor Speed is 10%
  • Chest gives 75% of 15% for 11.25%
  • Leggo boots require you to kill things, I'm guessing druids will want to bypass a lot of things
  • Leggo boots don't give wisp in non-mounted areas (most raids) or shapeshifted druids, so capped at 25% movespeed for druids
So guessing that maintaining the buff is a pain and is sometimes not practical. Better to get the 21.25% always rather than the 4% always and maybe 29%. It also may be that certain things don't stack. Or maybe it isn't the BiS setup, I think the author mentioned it was their "garbage speed setup".

@baptizedincome might be able to tell us more

I think he was just maxing passive speed, if you have to run over a minute between bosses you're not saving anything.

One trash pack surpasses the enchant for 60 seconds and gives access to BfA traits and mega-mainstats. Practicality.

edit- for the OP, i'd suggest crafted leggo boots. One item replaces two lesser items, especially if he goes 111 with the gem slots. I guess you could just do both sets and swap a lot if it's not fast enough 100%... seems annoying to me tho.

Last edited:
So I went ahead and boosted and have been playing around with it. I was thinking man this is alright. Getting used to the game play. Started getting some gear. I'd been looking at those leggo boots. Spent some coin and it's a blast. Turning off the XP and enjoying what is going on. Who knew.

Big thanks to all the people that left replies. Think that warrior I have coming up is going to spend some time stuck at 110/111.
Now to figure out how to get a second DH.

So I went ahead and boosted and have been playing around with it. I was thinking man this is alright. Getting used to the game play. Started getting some gear. I'd been looking at those leggo boots. Spent some coin and it's a blast. Turning off the XP and enjoying what is going on. Who knew.

Big thanks to all the people that left replies. Think that warrior I have coming up is going to spend some time stuck at 110/111.
Now to figure out how to get a second DH.

Delete the DH you have, make a new one, and then restore the DH you deleted in step 1. Boom, two DHs.

Delete the DH you have, make a new one, and then restore the DH you deleted in step 1. Boom, two DHs.
Sorry I did not see this. I had done some research and that is something that has been mentioned. That makes me really nervous, Ill do it. BOOM blue post no more DH restores. ;)
It let me create another test 110 DH. I have a boost so when the time comes I will try that.

Thanks. Happy New Year.

Users who are viewing this thread