EU+US Shunkley's Artifact/AP Guide

After you kill the third boss, you have to go down through his corpse to get your loot. At the top of that shaft there's an alcove with a chest in it, every time. You can see it from the top if you stand to the right of the corpse and look down the hole.

6. Random drops off all mobs for either 75 or 100 AP

Also feel like i should mention the "murloc farm" groups in the group finder utility, at least in NA region. There's always multiple groups up doing this area and usually some "waitlists" that i have no idea how they work.... but would guess reliably 700-1k AP per hour from these random 75-100 AP drops so far, depending on the kill speed.

Not so easy getting into one maybe, as 99-101, because they dont understand you'll out DPS them AND also the scaling. I just made my own auto-invite group and started clearing the cave solo, people would come and go and no one complains.

It's inside the cave where Navarrog resides in highmountain, i forget the name. The typical method it would seem is to have a monk drop a black ox statue in the middle of the cave, 1 ranged DPS pulls in strays outside that area, and every else just AoE around the statue. Cloth, AP and occasional BoE epics with a trash vendor right around the corner.

The murlocs are neutral too, so if you take a break there's no aggro to be annoyed with.

Better over 100, then over 1000. ;) And seriously, I'm glad the 10 minutes I took to write this has helped at least someone. I updated it with the farsight spot. Saves at least a good 20 seconds, which over the course of the hundreds of runs will add up. I'm hoping to get some decent screenshots tonight on how to skip the trash at the beginning so it resets (TL:DR you can stun it at a certain point and then it will reset when it comes after you at the bottom of the waterfall before the first boss) and how to skip the second boss and dodge the center pat. I just have to remember to hit SS when I'm doing it. >.> My runs have been getting tighter though. I just wish I had NA people to do this with. The more the merrier I always say.
How do you skip 2nd boss ?

How do you skip 2nd boss ?

I update the first post without saying anything at this point, but under neltharion's lair "tips and tricks" are a set of screenshots showing the jumps. I should have a walkthrough on how to maximize follower AP down today which I'll be adding as well.

If possible try and focus on increasing your ilvl first before hardcore farming neth's lair as even one extra 746 piece makes a noticeable difference in speed runs.

edit; oh didn't even see the 100-109. Well same thing, different numbers. And yeah good points below shunkley.

Last edited:
If possible try and focus on increasing your ilvl first before hardcore farming neth's lair as even one extra 746 piece makes a noticeable difference in speed runs.

Did random math, sorry for long post.

*Edit: The important thing in speed runs are can you reach the instance lock-out limit, and the chest per minute speed at which you do it. If it takes you 6 minutes to get to the second boss and kill it for the second chest, when you could be doing the first chest in another 3 minutes, and you never hit the lock-out limit, getting 1 chest is better*

While I agree with your point, the faster you can kill the first boss the faster you can do speed runs (it's actually more effective to not do the second boss when the chest spawns in spot 1 or 2 on my map). I'd argue that gear for most people is gold-gated, and you are either stuck farming for yourself murlocs, or trying to get through other avenues to buy the items off the AH. My data set isn't statistically significant yet, but I've been logging the gray items I get to average out the gold from a per chest basis.

As it stands I can get the chest and be out of the instance in 3 minutes and 21 seconds on average, and this requires only killing the first boss. Each chest has as of right now (only 47 logged) a 60% to yield AP, and on average yields 61g 71s. If you are only doing single chest runs you'll average 6 AP tokens and 617g for every lockout period (aka an hour). If you are gold gated and able to do 1 chest runs at a sub 6 minute pace.

I'd argue this is a better long term strategy because sooner or later you'll get the gear you want, and then you wont need it anymore, but you'll always need more AP. You generate the gold you need for the gear, while getting the AP you'll always need. Thus the twink will pay for itself. If you have mining and enchanting you can also mine the first boss and DE any blue you get. As it stands right now I have a 42% of getting a blue off the first boss, and 1 leylight shard is another 70-100g on my server. So that same lockout period yields around another 400g. 1000g per lockout isn't great from a gold standpoint, but since you get AP from it again, you accomplish two birds with one stone. 1 lockout is essentially 10 runs, which is "half" of my daily assumptions for how many days to reach each level, but lets just take my daily assumption of 10 tokens, which is 20 chests. Data points that this is conservative estimate, but at 20 chests, you are yielding 1200g a day. To reach rank 25 is 180 days. If you plan on reaching rank 25, which is totally feasible based on the amount of time most people put into twinks. You will generate 216k gold for yourself from gray items alone. That should be more then enough to fund most twinks.

Again, if you can get gear, gear is great, but if you are strapped for money and are capable of solo'ing (or grouping if your NA alliance, cause I run this all the time and anyone is welcome to come 99-109), I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry. Prices WILL drop, and you'll be saving up a nice nest egg for buying the items you really want instead of "non-perfect" items. Again, this is my opinion, but if you are buying ilvl 835 gear as a 101 after you are capable of soloing the first and third boss this is a waste, because you could of used that money and some patience to get 850+ gear.

From 7.1 and beyond, you will be able to 'permanently' gain AP (slowly) from your Class Order Hall Missions via Order Recources Cache that's BoA and contains 200 Resources (the Missions usually cost 100). This will be purchased from Illnea Bloodthorn in Dalaran, at least on PTR that's where she is, at a cost of 1 Blood of Sargeras. This will likely end up being the lazy/poor Twink's way to still be able to Rank up their Artifact Weapon.

All the dungeon chests have had pretty significant order resources in them as far as i've noticed, does that deplete?

All the dungeon chests have had pretty significant order resources in them as far as i've noticed, does that deplete?
I doubt they diminish however, the new BoA "Resource Tokens" will be the lazy Twinks way to continue AP Missions continually with no effort other than just playing the Game on any Toon in Legion Zones. You could only 2 Missions/day on that 101/102/109 Twink and gain ~300 AP/day, that's 110K AP/yr for doing almost nothing.

From 7.1 and beyond, you will be able to 'permanently' gain AP (slowly) from your Class Order Hall Missions via Order Recources Cache that's BoA and contains 200 Resources (the Missions usually cost 100). This will be purchased from Illnea Bloodthorn in Dalaran, at least on PTR that's where she is, at a cost of 1 Blood of Sargeras. This will likely end up being the lazy/poor Twink's way to still be able to Rank up their Artifact Weapon.

Agreed, though I dont even want to mention how many order resources I already have on my twink from all my runs. I'm over 30k

Not that I've seen, it does flucuate as low as 195 per chest, but some I've gotten have had 495.

Agreed, though I dont even want to mention how many order resources I already have on my twink from all my runs. I'm over 30k
Heh, if only 98/99's could access the Mission Table, my main 99 Twink has just north of 22K Resources atm because she can't spend any.

Heh, if only 98/99's could access the Mission Table, my main 99 Twink has just north of 22K Resources atm because she can't spend any.

I'm holding out hope that as the expansion goes on they add something that can be used as an order resource sink. Whether it's buying mats, a way to get AP, or something I can DE. If that ever happens, I'll be rich xD

Great guide, just a note for neths lair, as long as you don't fall into the water before first boss the adds won't come down. Also if you're looking for people to run with US Alliance I run lair as a spriest with a blood dk, we just pull to each boss and kill it all for possible artifact power drops and still manage to do under 8min runs with 3 pugs

first boss is skippable for demon hunters, possibly other classes with slow fall if you jump from where the skippable adds are straight over his barrier and into the water with barrels (blizz is kind and makes you auto spawn into a barrel when hitting the water)

ill post pics on my next run if i remember

Great guide, just a note for neths lair, as long as you don't fall into the water before first boss the adds won't come down. Also if you're looking for people to run with US Alliance I run lair as a spriest with a blood dk, we just pull to each boss and kill it all for possible artifact power drops and still manage to do under 8min runs with 3 pugs

You can fall in the water and get the adds to reset as well, its a distance thing. If you aoe stun where i show in that image you can get far enough ahead and they reset, i've done this consistently over 40+ runs. Imo it's more important to be doing 2 chests within 6 minutes to be able to hit the lockout timer. If you can do adds + chests in 6 minutes then you should, otherwise you should be skipping as much as possible for chests from an AP per hour standpoint.

first boss is skippable for demon hunters, possibly other classes with slow fall if you jump from where the skippable adds are straight over his barrier and into the water with barrels (blizz is kind and makes you auto spawn into a barrel when hitting the water)

ill post pics on my next run if i remember

Unless things have changed back, about two weeks ago Blizz hotfixed it so chests don't spawn unless you kill the first boss of the instance. This is on NA at least, I haven't checked to see if it switched back but I did 10 runs skipping the first boss via gliders and had 0 chest spawns. That was conclusive enough for me.

*edit* just skipped and checked, chests don't spawn still unless you kill the first boss.

Will have the follower section up tonight, as an fyi to all.e

Last edited:
well that explains why i got no chests (i missed the jump of the guaranteed one coz im bad) i just thought it was bad luck as usual

thanks for the info, i'd suggest putting that in the guide because of idiots like me :D

Timewalking Bosses give 55 AP per at 101. It comes in the form of Jewel of Victory. Side note, the Artifact Weapon isn't as strong as old school 2-3 Socket with huge Main Stat Weapons, so it's back to farming old Content for TW Twinking. Same can be said of Legion Enchants/Gems, they're complete garbage in TW.

The AP find for TW Dungeons is HUGE. It means we can reasonably quickly grind out a large amount of AP on our Twinks without the sheer boredom of doing NL or EoA over and over again.

EDIT: Anyone know why Chardev isn't working since 7.0? It's hard to compare what items will be like scaling down to iLvL 105 for TBC TW without it.

Last edited:
Pretend i've never done a timewalking event and explain that again... ok, dont even pretend. =)

What is it, a queue-able LFG that reduces your ilvl or something?

Pretend i've never done a timewalking event and explain that again... ok, dont even pretend. =)

What is it, a queue-able LFG that reduces your ilvl or something?
It's a specific XPac set of a certain number of Dungeons. This week it's TBC Dungeons. They are set to a difficulty level between Normal and Heroic (if they were actual TBC Heroic, nobody would complete Shattered Halls lol). All of your Gear scales down to that XPac's average iLvL, this time it's 105 iLvL. There are certain items in the game that don't scale down as hard as others, i.e. TW Twink gear.

You want Main Stat and as much as possible. This is why TBC 3 Socket Gear is generally superior to anything else in almost every slot. TBC Gems are also superior to every other Gem as they don't scale at all, it's +10 compared to even the 200 Main Stat Legion Gems scale down to +7.

So this week it's like oldschool 70 twinking... and i completely got rid of all that gear soon as legion account-wide transmog changes went through. Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread