Shocker

CodyLaeder

Legend
Working on farming the shocker (Tazik Shocker). I hit 450 engineer and haven't learned a single tinkering enchant yet.

So do I just keep sinking gold into making random crap? My one guildy was saying that it would require me re-leveling engineering. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Working on farming the shocker (Tazik Shocker). I hit 450 engineer and haven't learned a single tinkering enchant yet.

So do I just keep sinking gold into making random crap? My one guildy was saying that it would require me re-leveling engineering. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Continue making things like Electrified ethers or Obsidium bolts, and be sure to check you haven't learned one already, should be in the 'tinkers' section in the Engineering craft menu. You'll get 1 random tinker of 8, goodluck!

See, if you don't care about stuff, it just comes to you, that's Blizzard RNG. With that said, good luck i know people that sinked 70k g to powerleveling engineering again and again and nothing.

I just leveled DK and locked it as soon as i saw this, with no intention beforehand to stop at 70. With this though, it would be shame not to

Congratulations on the tazik, you lucky bugger.

Took me 3-5 relevels, did it all in one sitting, on the day Wrath launched, so it kinda blurred together.

Learned the synapse springs, but at the time they were 480 Int only (Strength/agility was added to them later) so i dropped it and re-leveled, still kinda kicking myself.

Fucking jk

synapse > tazik

na tazik insta burst > synapse esp when u have mage or rogue, thats just my point of view

na tazik insta burst > synapse esp when u have mage or rogue, thats just my point of view

obv u got no idea sorry to say but esp in those cases synapse > tazik , tazik is more for bgs then arena while yes tazik is good for a healers off burst synapse far out ways tazik forr any dps cept possibly a lock / prot war

Hey guys, just thought ide mention something about the tazik shockers.

I used to scan forums asking how to get the tazik shockers because i was farming cata recipes such as Eternal Ethers, i spent thousands of gold on this probably like you guys are. Gm's will tell you that it is possible to get all the tinkers at 450 engineering, but it isn't you can only receive one tinker and thats at random, unless your gnome then you can recieve 3 tinkers giving you a much better chance of recieving the taziks or synapse. Im just posting this out so you guys dont do what i did and spent thousands of gold farming at 450 when its impossible to get more tinkers, if your unlucky and dont get the taziks then you have to level engineering up again unfortunatley. I would push you to change to gnome when you hit 450, then you have 3 chances rather then 1.

I hope this helped
<

obv u got no idea sorry to say but esp in those cases synapse > tazik , tazik is more for bgs then arena while yes tazik is good for a healers off burst synapse far out ways tazik forr any dps cept possibly a lock / prot war

Tazik beats synapse by a long shot. For every class but rogue. Obviously u have no idea.

Tazik beats synapse by a long shot. For every class but rogue. Obviously u have no idea.

wtf lol? i have a mage and play with synapse and i out play and out dmg other mages with tazik, pretty sure you have no idea and Tupac was right from start

wtf lol? i have a mage and play with synapse and i out play and out dmg other mages with tazik, pretty sure you have no idea and Tupac was right from start

Sigh. I hate how noobs can't even think for themselves. Synapse buffs damage with about 25% for mages? That's 2.5k more on a good shatter, tazik has 90% crit as mage on freezes, and does at least 4k damage [8k on other low resi nerds] and it can not be stopped by the enemy team, but off course at your rating where u outplay all the other mages nobody thinks of stopping ppl with cds up. Only claiming u are better cause u do more overall damage made me a bit sad :-[

Everyone has their own opinion, no one can be sure Tazik is better than Synapse or vice versa.

Sorry but mages rely on oneshotting rather than doing a lot of damage. U try to force defensive cooldowns without popping cooldowns yourself. And when the stars align, they oneshot someone. Synapse doesn't help as much with killing people in a shatter as tazik does, not even close. Therefor it is logical to assume it is better in PvP. As I said, if u can freecast for 10 secs during synapse, u will get more damage out of it, but only noob teams would let u freecast during a 30% spellpower increase, so at an ok level of arena, there is no way synapse is better than tazik for mages.

Synapse is better for rogues because they actually have the ability to dps freely for 4.5-10.5 seconds, and their backstabs/ambushes are instant + they dont have the shatter crit bonus like mages do. After 3 ambushes or so the damage will be gained in, while ur target is still stunned so it doesn't really matter if u do your damage in one global or in 4.

On my 6th time leveling engineering. Thinking of giving up for now. I know it only costs 5k on my server but still lol. Its about an hour or two of my time every time I level it.

And honestly I'm starting to run out of audio books to keep me entertained while I do it.

Sorry but mages rely on oneshotting rather than doing a lot of damage. U try to force defensive cooldowns without popping cooldowns yourself. And when the stars align, they oneshot someone. Synapse doesn't help as much with killing people in a shatter as tazik does, not even close. Therefor it is logical to assume it is better in PvP. As I said, if u can freecast for 10 secs during synapse, u will get more damage out of it, but only noob teams would let u freecast during a 30% spellpower increase, so at an ok level of arena, there is no way synapse is better than tazik for mages.

Synapse is better for rogues because they actually have the ability to dps freely for 4.5-10.5 seconds, and their backstabs/ambushes are instant + they dont have the shatter crit bonus like mages do. After 3 ambushes or so the damage will be gained in, while ur target is still stunned so it doesn't really matter if u do your damage in one global or in 4.

And whose to say that your analysis on this is correct? Tazik can be resisted, absorbed, reflected, or not deal enough damage, while Synapse gives you a 480 buff to int,str, or agil for 10 seconds and cannot be removed.

Users who are viewing this thread