Shadowlands Pre-Patch Check List

Awesome, I wasn't sure on this. So do you initially need engineering to equip it? or do you even need engineering at all in the first place? Because if not that's really awesome.

you dont need engi to buy the cogwheels, however if you try and place one in a cogwheel socket without the required engi it gives the error 'you can't use that item.'

you can equip the trinket regardless of your engi level, so realistically all you need is a main/friend with engi to place the sockets in for you and trade it but thats just my assumption

my friends had no eng and i had the dragonlings socketed, traded to them and they could equip no problem

and it got confirmed 2secs before i hit post, neat

Could someone please clarify as I never played wod.

The assaults happen in certain areas around wod. In these areas there are rares that have a chance to drop ilvl 44 gear.

Are these rares on a daily loot lockout?
Are all the rares available to 20s?
Are all the assaults happening all the time?

It looks like there's more than one rare per assault location, do they appear together? or would it be one rare one day in that spot, and a different rare the next day?

This seems to be the best way to gear up as of today + the legion quest rewards. Then get heart of azeroth. Legion legendary's don't even look that strong anymore?

Sorry there's just so much information flying around that becomes incorrect within a few hours.

As long as the rares are within a 10 lvl higher range or below you can access them. Yes, there is a daily loot lockout and its not guaranteed to drop gear. The assaults always have the rares up. There are usually quite a few rares per location. The gear can also proc tertiary and sockets, or warforge for 1 lvl higher.

Reactions: hom
Could someone please clarify as I never played wod.

The assaults happen in certain areas around wod. In these areas there are rares that have a chance to drop ilvl 44 gear.

Are these rares on a daily loot lockout?
Are all the rares available to 20s?
Are all the assaults happening all the time?

It looks like there's more than one rare per assault location, do they appear together? or would it be one rare one day in that spot, and a different rare the next day?

This seems to be the best way to gear up as of today + the legion quest rewards. Then get heart of azeroth. Legion legendary's don't even look that strong anymore?

Sorry there's just so much information flying around that becomes incorrect within a few hours.

I know its not specifically what you asked but I thought I would add a brief to do list:
  • Get a 50 to run you through a BfA dungeon until they get an Azerite armor piece and trade it to you. Relog for Heart of Azeroth Quest
  • Get Artifact weapon through Class Hall
  • Do the 4 Legion main story quest chains for the 4x ilvl 50 armor pieces (Gloves, Waist, Legs and Chest)
  • Do BfA story for the Azerite armor - YOU MUST CHOOSE SHOULDERS AS REWARD.
  • Open Treasure Chests in BfA zone for Tortollan Scroll Quest - OR GET SOMEONE WITH QUEST TO SHARE WITH YOU. Find 12 scrolls for quest and get AZERITE HELM.
  • Choose Chromie WoD timeline and build your Garrison - Get the Ring reward from Mission table (ilvl 40)
  • Choose Chromie MoP Timeline and Level MoP engineering to 40. Use a Relic of the Past and create a Level 14 Ghost Iron Dragonling trinket. BUY THE COGWHEELS FROM ORG ENGI VENDOR.
  • Choose Chromie MoP Timeline and fly to Kun-lai Summit near the YAK VENDOR - Look for Leatherworking Trainer. Learn it. You can now enchant legs with +4 stam +2 Dodge.
  • Choose Chromie MoP Timeline and do the same for Inscription - SHOULDER ENCHANT.
  • Choose Chromie WoD Timeline and farm the Apexis Crystal RARES. THERE IS NO PRE-QUEST OR TIMED ASSAULTS. DOWNLOAD HANDYNOTES/TOMTOM and farm the rares daily.
  • Choose Chromie TBC Timeline and farm Apexis Crystals in BEM - YOU CAN BUY BIG BOY BIS GEMS FROM APEXIS GEM VENDOR.
  • Go back to levelling your HoA neck.

I know its not specifically what you asked but I thought I would add a brief to do list:
  • Get a 50 to run you through a BfA dungeon until they get an Azerite armor piece and trade it to you. Relog for Heart of Azeroth Quest
  • Do the 4 Legion main story quest chains for the 4x ilvl 50 armor pieces (Gloves, Waist, Legs and Chest)
  • Open Treasure Chests in BfA zone for Tortollan Scroll Quest - OR GET SOMEONE WITH QUEST TO SHARE WITH YOU. Find 12 scrolls for quest and get AZERITE HELM.
  • Choose Chromie WoD timeline and build your Garrison - Get the Ring reward from Mission table (ilvl 40)
  • Choose Chromie MoP Timeline and Level MoP engineering to 40. Use a Relic of the Past and create a Level 14 Ghost Iron Dragonling trinket. BUY THE COGWHEELS FROM ORG ENGI VENDOR.
  • Choose Chromie MoP Timeline and fly to Kun-lai Summit near the YAK VENDOR - Look for Leatherworking Trainer. Learn it. You can now enchant legs with +4 stam +2 Dodge.
  • Choose Chromie MoP Timeline and do the same for Inscription - SHOULDER ENCHANT.
  • Choose Chromie WoD Timeline and farm the Apexis Crystal RARES. THERE IS NO PRE-QUEST OR TIMED ASSAULTS. DOWNLOAD HANDYNOTES/TOMTOM and farm the rares daily.
  • Choose Chromie TBC Timeline and farm Apexis Crystals in BEM - YOU CAN BUY BIG BOY BIS GEMS FROM APEXIS GEM VENDOR.

Exactly everything above^^!

i heard the supply crates from wpvp or warmode on have ilvl 40ish drops, sorry if that’s redundant or someone has covered that; read so many threads i’m not sure what’s covered where

Can I get an npc name for the Apexis gem vendor? Im assuming this is good info because the gear the rares drop can roll sockets correct?

Can I get an npc name for the Apexis gem vendor? Im assuming this is good info because the gear the rares drop can roll sockets correct?

the rares are wod - apexis shards currency dropped
the gems are tbc - apexis crystal currency

just to clear up any confusion because i remember a million ppl getting confused back in wod about it

i heard the supply crates from wpvp or warmode on have ilvl 40ish drops, sorry if that’s redundant or someone has covered that; read so many threads i’m not sure what’s covered where
Aw man I dont want to have to farm for those boxes, they are so rare.

Huh, are the agi/stam ones scaled too or do they give 5 agi 6 stam?

Oh shit that gives full value 5/6. But we can only use x1 :)

edit: Looked at all of them and they all are full value BESIDES the Agi/Crit which scales to 1/1.

jpye5o5.gif

I'm really curious about https://www.wowhead.com/item=119226/blammos-blammer on a hunter and what the proc per minute is.

Well i dont know what the PPM is, but I got it at level 20 and finally reloaded/updated details and it hit for 314 normal.

614 crit, too i believe. Just killed a few level 19 mobs in frostfire cuz i had to log but it wasnt awful...

edit- my ilvl is somewhere in the low 40's, not sure why it hits so hard. Tootlip says 184 or something on mouseover.

Oh shit that gives full value 5/6. But we can only use x1 :)

edit: Looked at all of them and they all are full value BESIDES the Agi/Crit which scales to 1/1.

jpye5o5.gif
Thats awesome, it'll work great if the meta is items that upgrade to sockets and such rather than TBC dungeon gear.

Also just got the ilvl 44 AGI cloak from the rare in Frostfire after 3-4+ kills, big relief that you're not boned on those if it doesnt drop first kill. Off to try my luck at the boots again lol.

edit- booyah, got em too. So if these dont get nerfed this week i can see it being a pretty solid grind. I'll just park and focus on one at a time, works better for me than running all over.

Last edited:
trinket.png

just picked up apexis shard gems so can confirm the event works and they scale like stated when linking ingame from wowhead, nice find
[doublepost=1603067925,1603067328][/doublepost]also activating
1.png

gives you
2.png

Users who are viewing this thread