shadow priests comming back?

chíll

Legend
because i'm hungover on a monday, i decided i already suck, and post random info here just to claim "first".

here goes,

Mind Blast damage done has been increased by 12%

•Mind Flay damage done has been increased by 12%.

on a nerf side;

Shadow Word: Pain damage done has been decreased by 12%

however, i expect shadow priests, along with their heavy shields, to be quite viable, and indeed moreso a better source of dmg than disc. priests? (as have been argued about in 4.1 twinking).

enjoy life.

edit, source

The SW:p thing is a bit of a buff anyway. It's not like it was the main source of a priest's damage, most of the time I found it was better to keep it off a target I was planning to fear untill they were heading towards a bandage- lest it break that fear. Hopefully this means that if you psych scream with SWP up it will last another tick.

edit- hey rival feral druid! xD

Niini said:
The SW:p thing is a bit of a buff anyway. It's not like it was the main source of a priest's damage, most of the time I found it was better to keep it off a target I was planning to fear untill they were heading towards a bandage- lest it break that fear. Hopefully this means that if you psych scream with SWP up it will last another tick.

edit- hey rival feral druid! xD

i guess.. there was also some buffs and debuffs on other shadow spells, (vampiric touch is getting a nerf), but wanted to post things that affected 19's.<3

No, Disc and Holy are still far superior.

assassination rogues coming back? exactly

Pizza said:
No, Disc and Holy are still far superior.

explain this? mind flay shall be ticking very hard imho.. at least its hard ticks when considering that its also a slow.

The fact you see less shadow priests allso accounts for something. Many players do not know what their rotations consist of, thus not knowing fully how to counter them. Personally I find playing my shadow priest a lot of fun, I think I manage to make myself usefull on it. The slow for one is pretty nice, remember to refresh it before a target goes out of line of sight (not a waste of mana). I don't see many players do it nowdays but the spirit weap when you are not casting still helps keep up your mana a lot. Allso, drink! (mana drinks are to cheap to skip on, when you get a chance use them).

penicillin, i keep telling myself i've seen somebody with your name in a bg, you US or EU?

My real life prevents me from not slacking in the online game world (and the fact that I play more xp-of characters). But I do pop in occasionally, hope to see you maybe somewhere this week in a wsg :)

Penicillin said:
The fact you see less shadow priests allso accounts for something. Many players do not know what their rotations consist of, thus not knowing fully how to counter them. Personally I find playing my shadow priest a lot of fun, I think I manage to make myself usefull on it. The slow for one is pretty nice, remember to refresh it before a target goes out of line of sight (not a waste of mana). I don't see many players do it nowdays but the spirit weap when you are not casting still helps keep up your mana a lot. Allso, drink! (mana drinks are to cheap to skip on, when you get a chance use them).

Not to try and troll or anything, but most of this post was nonsense to me. A "rotation" at level 19...? Consisting of keeping dot up, mind flaying and casting mindblast when its up? I don't think one can talk of rotations for anything at 19, just not enough abilities (at least these days).

Also, there's no "Spirit staff when not casting" - it's Combat / Out of combat regeneration. So one could be equipping a spirit staff when they leave combat, yes. Assuming people don't drink is something I'm having a quite a hard time relating to as well. Why mention that? You often see people ooming because they don't drink? - I see them dying to hunters first.

Which brings me back on topic, as mentioned earlier: Holy/Disc still > Shadow. Why? Because hunters still exist. Priest Healer + Hunter > Shadow + Hunter. If you want slows, again it's more efficient to bring oh.. I don't know.. a hunter maybe? ;P

Anyway, that's just my 10 cents.

Thankyou for your 10 cents Lindenkron, I gave mine earlier. Here's my reply to your post and I'll leave it at that as I guess it won't ad much to "nitpick" at words as far as I am concerned (allso I very rarely have an entire day behind my PC with time for this forum like I did today).

I agree lvl 19's hardly have a rotation. It was my choice of words (abilities would be better looking at it now), you would probably have phrased it in a different way.

I do use my spirit staff when not casting as using it while casting is a waste in my opinion (I have enough hit as SP and need the int/sp from other staffs while casting spells). I allso use it while drinking to get mana faster. When safe I even use a complete spirit set. Yes mana is an issue on a shadow priest.

I do oom myself if I don't drink enough, my problem is not so much dying to hunters (in wsg Swifty is one of few I need to look out for to give a precise example). Yes I do see people run around with low mana when they could drink (the reason for me mentioning this).

As for other speccs being more OP, I could not agree more. I am simply trying to tell people my experience on my shadow priest and the fact that they can be played viable in a bg (I allso play BM hunters, not most OP but certainly viable).

I am here to share information, hope you understand what I mean.

parashimo said:
Assassination spec isn't bad at all, its like a stronger feral kitty. Just with less mobility.

no mobility=bad if u don't 1 shot your opponent then its basically game if they have a slow.

augiddin said:
no mobility=bad if u don't 1 shot your opponent then its basically game if they have a slow.

false.

first off, get the hell out of midfield. speccing out of sub and into assasination, makes you lose a ton of ToT, this is correct.

that being said, you have no real chance of farming midfield, (no massive opener, no shadowstep, weak ToT, no waylay.)

but ohh look! what do you see, trolling around on the enemy roof, is that a.. a paladin, holding the flag? and is that your teammates, just waiting to provide a nifty set of slows, stuns and ToT for you?

heres a hint for the focused player, 2x waylay, WHY? its not like you'll actually negate his movement, effectively making him move BACKWARDS.. if you have any team mates with you, i maintain that assasination can provide higher damage, and more "precise kills", since you control when to slap them in the face with a 5 combo point evisc..

so in short, you give up some ToT, (for gods sake, darkflight + speed pot anyone?) for increased long term damage..

edit: off topic on my own thread ftw<3

Users who are viewing this thread