Script for showing hidden resilience stat?

I just finished the testing, as follows: I took my f2p 20 shaman (Eirise) and my 10 druid (Nirine) outside of SW for a duel. Unlike most spells, shaman lightning bolts don't vary in how much they hit, making it much easier to gauge effects of gear changes.

First, I had Eirise throw several lightning bolts at Nirine, all hitting for 199-200 damage. Then, I changed out the chest and shoulders with two different pieces that both had resilience enchantments on them, for a total of 3 resilience on the druid. I made sure both the old and new pieces of gear had nothing else that would modify spell damage e.g. no versatility. Wearing the resil enchants brought the lightning bolt damage down to 196-197 damage per bolt.

In both cases, I'd say about two thirds of the bolts went to the higher number, so the average would be ~199.7 without resil, and ~196.7 with resil, for a smidge under 1% damage reduction. That means at level 10 (which offers the highest %-per-combat-rating in the game), resilience provides about 0.3% damage reduction per point of resilience.

Moral of the story: resilience does indeed work to this day...really badly.

Moral of the story: resilience does indeed work to this day...really badly.
Pretty much exactly what I expected to see from testing. Blizzard has no where that I've seen said they REMOVED all the old Stats from the game, as in gone, can't use, don't work, not there. They HAVE said they reduced the effectiveness of several Stats, Resil being one of those.

What this does prove though, besides Resil is still active, is that point for point Versa is superior (at least at 10) to Resil and therefore it's essentially a junk Stat, save for maybe the PvP Shoulder/Leg Enchant since we don't have a Versa variant atm.

What this does prove though, besides Resil is still active, is that point for point Versa is superior (at least at 10) to Resil and therefore it's essentially a junk Stat, save for maybe the PvP Shoulder/Leg Enchant since we don't have a Versa variant atm.

At level 10 (for example, though the proportions should stay the same at any level), versa offers ~0.75% damage reduction, while resil offers ~0.3%, so that makes versa 2.5x better point per point than resil, and that's not even counting the offensive buff versa provides. That means the Crag shoulder enchant (with spirit that turns into versa tomorrow) will easily outdo the Gladiator (resil) shoulder enchant. Any gear or enchant that has an option for resilience, will have a better option with versatility.

Off topic, for 10 survival/versa twinks, it'll be an interesting decision between +5 armor (rugged armor kit) and +2 stam (heavy knothide armor kit), the two highest leg augments that don't bind the gear (but require a higher level to apply the augment).

Off topic, for 10 survival/versa twinks, it'll be an interesting decision between +5 armor (rugged armor kit) and +2 stam (heavy knothide armor kit), the two highest leg augments that don't bind the gear (but require a higher level to apply the augment).
I forgot about the 1 Spirit Enchants for Leg/Shoulders so point on that. For Legs you have the MoP ones also that don't Bind for 2 stam 1 Dodge or other options, if you're using the 3 Spirit BoE Legs.

Users who are viewing this thread