Scientific chest farming

You really cant leave Ashenvale off the list. I start off in Ashenvale and usually bag 3 chests just to start the day out. There are zero people ever in this zone- on the server I am playing on. But in Duskwood theres 10000 ally ( I am Horde ). Not to mention its a pvp server and going to Duskwood suckkkkks. Also , Ashenvale has more chest spots than what wowhead shows. Off the top of my head I can see 21 spots in ashenvale that I travel to when chest hunting. I have yet to go there and not get atleast 2 chests . Ashenvale does take 37 minutes for me to traverse as a disc priest, which makes it the longest zone to search for chests.

Went to go check chests on blades edge for shits and gigs to see how easy it would be to find them. 2 chests, 1 mantle. where is your rng now?

Thanks to this guide I found a chest right away, in the second level of the crypt. Unfortunately, the blue inside was level 24
<

Now that my mules are in place I'm hoping to get lucky =P

Nice guide. I'd like to add I vaguely recollect encountering two Blue-dropping chests in Dun Modr at the same time (one in the first house on the right, the second in the two-level building), and that Dun Modr can be a bit tricky fro non-hit capped casters. The Dark irons do drop Silk, though.

[font=times new roman,times,serif]I would like to contribute to your chest farming. Go through the wetlands and head into Arathi. That place where the dwarves are attacking the twighlight dwarves before the Than Dol Span. I've actually found a dark iron chest in those buildings with 19 twinkable stuff, but I suppose it's random. So far I've pulled Drakewing and Thorbia.[/font]

Thanks for the responses!

What is the name of this type of chest so that I can see their distribution and stats on wowhead?

http://www.wowhead.com/object=207496

[font=times new roman,times,serif]I would like to contribute to your chest farming. Go through the wetlands and head into Arathi. That place where the dwarves are attacking the twighlight dwarves before the Than Dol Span. I've actually found a dark iron chest in those buildings with 19 twinkable stuff, but I suppose it's random. So far I've pulled Drakewing and Thorbia.[/font]

Isn't that the dwarves' "town"? Its covered here.

This is probably one of the best guides I've seen on TI - kudos and thank you.

This is probably one of the best guides I've seen on TI - kudos and thank you.

Really nice guide. One question, are there two "sets" of chests? I have only tried a few times on an almost totally dead server, Each time, there has been one chest in the Dun Modr, and one chest in the camps around the zone. Just wondering if you find one chest inside Dun Modr and one chest outside you can be sure there are no other chests at that time.

Really nice guide. One question, are there two "sets" of chests? I have only tried a few times on an almost totally dead server, Each time, there has been one chest in the Dun Modr, and one chest in the camps around the zone. Just wondering if you find one chest inside Dun Modr and one chest outside you can be sure there are no other chests at that time.

There are 3 sets of chests:

I only found chests inside the buildings and not outisde Dun Modr.

But I would assume to still check the spots inside Dun Modr, even if you found one outside. Especially if the chest outside Dun Modr is not the Dark Iron Treasure Chest.

There are 3 sets of chests:

I only found chests inside the buildings and not outisde Dun Modr.

But I would assume to still check the spots inside Dun Modr, even if you found one outside. Especially if the chest outside Dun Modr is not the Dark Iron Treasure Chest.

I am just talking about the dark iron chests (in and our of Dun Modr) which is the system OP suggests. Sorry for any confusion.

Call me a newb, but im kinda a little confuse by how to get the mules in place. You say to make an undead, then die and run to spot in ghost form, them press return to graveyard. so i did this, died and got sent to the spirit healer at brill, then I ran to the spot, pressed return to graveyard and was sent the whole way back to Brill. Im sort of confused ow to get to the correct spot therefore, any help welcome.
~Zaxxo

Call me a newb, but im kinda a little confuse by how to get the mules in place. You say to make an undead, then die and run to spot in ghost form, them press return to graveyard. so i did this, died and got sent to the spirit healer at brill, then I ran to the spot, pressed return to graveyard and was sent the whole way back to Brill. Im sort of confused ow to get to the correct spot therefore, any help welcome.
~Zaxxo
NECRO.

It no longer works. You have to run there legit.

Users who are viewing this thread