Rogues

Clivney

Legend
Are rogues viable in this bracket since the mop patch? what classes are most viable excluding priests?

As a 24 rogue, you can easily oneshot everybody.

This f2pf is quite wrong. Rogues have lost alot of mobility and with all the new abilities of other classes and the buffing of healers "one- shotting" as it puts it is almost impossibru.

On my Shaman, I got hit with a 1.2k ambush followed by a 800 evis. And as for the mobility loss, 24s can just buy swiftness potion recipe from the auction house and with cripping, that's some nice mobility. 24 rogues currently do more damage than 24 spriests.

This f2pf is quite wrong. Rogues have lost alot of mobility and with all the new abilities of other classes and the buffing of healers "one- shotting" as it puts it is almost impossibru.

Rogue mobility has nothing to do with 1 shotting? New abilities of other classes have nothing to do with 1 shotting? Buffing of healing has nothing to do with 1 shotting? A good 24 rogue will do about 1.7k in 3s which will kill a majority of this bracket.

Keep the posts on topic please.

Rogue mobility has nothing to do with 1 shotting? New abilities of other classes have nothing to do with 1 shotting? Buffing of healing has nothing to do with 1 shotting? A good 24 rogue will do about 1.7k in 3s which will kill a majority of this bracket.

this...unless there's a priest bubble to absorb the initial burst, then the rouge is dotted ccd and dead.

The initial 10 sec. of armor penetration is massive when dealing with paladins/wars. a 20 rouge with the dmg buff and some thistle tea can also setup a double ambush (with the right talent) followed by one hemo and a full evis. which tends to kill most things.

finally, rouges are the only class that can cc druids without a cooldown as i think the only thing that removes crippling is cleanse, which, again, is a cooldown.

Also if you can't even spell rogue, don't expect to ever be taken seriously.

24 Rogues are currently a big threat in the opening, however if a person is extremely alert they can get away quickly. But said above, you need LoS to do anything productive, because once your out of stealth, you won't be able to vanish, or sprint away, so you better make the opening count against a healer or a flag carrier. because you won't get away afterwords, I can 99% guarantee it. Other than that the damage is really insane still.

24 rogues are currently dealing the most melee damage by a long shot. Yeah, they lost mobility. Crippling poison does wonders though. Not a thing wrong with rogues still a very powerful low level twinking class. They benefit so greatly from agi it's crazy. I'd say roll a warrior or mage though. for fun n such.

On my Shaman, I got hit with a 1.2k ambush followed by a 800 evis. And as for the mobility loss, 24s can just buy swiftness potion recipe from the auction house and with cripping, that's some nice mobility. 24 rogues currently do more damage than 24 spriests.

On Paper you are INVINCIBLE!

Reality... not so much.

Crip doesn't always proc right away, swift pots have coolies, armor , the adjustments to Resilience, the prevalence of rerolled healers. It's honestly a mixed bag. No way in hell will you 1.2K ambush a pally FC.

Anyway. I see Rogues almost back to where they should be. Good for burst and control (sap) and coordinated FC downing. I'd prefer to have gouge and sprint back but hey, pallys needed that sprint more than we did lol.

This is from a 20 rogue perspective, so forgive me if I missed something, because all the 24 rogues I see dying left and right missed it too.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread