EU+US Rogue Weapons

Phillem

Legend
Would it be better to run Brushwood Blade and Sinister Scimitar due to them being BIS as far as weapon speed goes, or just stick with the Brushwood Blade and the invasion off-hand? Thanks!

Gotcha, it's my understanding that SS axe is unobtainable? Thanks for the reply
Seems like it is unobtainable, the quest only gives you the option for the daggers for rogues, Wowhead says only DKs and Shamans can only obtain it. :(

Seems like it is unobtainable, the quest only gives you the option for the daggers for rogues, Wowhead says only DKs and Shamans can only obtain it. :(
It is actually not un-obtainable just keep making tickets of something stupid and act retarded af, and then at the end ask for the axe because it looks "cool" and sheats on the back or something, if the GM is nice or clueless he won't care about a white item and will send it to you through the mail, Can be confirmed as my friend Dexa did it weeks after quest item being only for shamans and dks.

It is actually not un-obtainable just keep making tickets of something stupid and act moronic af, and then at the end ask for the axe because it looks "cool" and sheats on the back or something, if the GM is nice or clueless he won't care about a white item and will send it to you through the mail, Can be confirmed as my friend Dexa did it weeks after quest item being only for shamans and dks.
Oh cool, thanks for the info.

Would it be better to run Brushwood Blade and Sinister Scimitar due to them being BIS as far as weapon speed goes, or just stick with the Brushwood Blade and the invasion off-hand? Thanks!

Weapon damage is mostly for mainhand weapons. For certain classes/specs, offhand weapon damage might be important - but outlaw rogues is not one of them.

So with that in mind, offhand is for stats, so get the highest ilvl possible. And if you get an ilvl 34 invasion warforged weapon, equip it mainhand and check the tooptip damage of it in game. Even though it isn't the slowest, the ilvl may make it do more damage. I haven't been lucky enough to check yet.

Weapon damage is mostly for mainhand weapons. For certain classes/specs, offhand weapon damage might be important - but outlaw rogues is not one of them.

So with that in mind, offhand is for stats, so get the highest ilvl possible. And if you get an ilvl 34 invasion warforged weapon, equip it mainhand and check the tooptip damage of it in game. Even though it isn't the slowest, the ilvl may make it do more damage. I haven't been lucky enough to check yet.

I have two 34 weapons, BoA still pulls slightly ahead on ambushes/sabers/aa's.

Really? Do you have a brushwood blade/sinister scimitar? They should be outdoing the BoA.

Haven't checked out Sinister Scimitar, but Brushwood Blade is definitely an exception. Not sure if there's something specifically wrong with the item. Maybe the calculation is somehow based on weapon damage and just approximated by speed, I haven't tested enough melee to really figure that out.

can confirm ambush dmg goes down with brushwood

Haven't checked out Sinister Scimitar, but Brushwood Blade is definitely an exception. Not sure if there's something specifically wrong with the item. Maybe the calculation is somehow based on weapon damage and just approximated by speed, I haven't tested enough melee to really figure that out.

Well thats interesting. I'm pretty sure sinister scimitar was better damage than the heirloom weapon. I'll check again later tonight. Now that item scaling has been removed, having a slow weapon with a low ilvl might not be that great.

Its interesting for the invasion weapon that the ilvl 34 weapon doesn't quite make up for the attack speed difference. Though its good from the grandfathered standpoint - new rogues won't be SUPER behind in terms of damage if they don't have it. The invasion bow for hunters is slower than basically everything else AND it can get the ilvl 34 proc.

So for rogues, you'll actually want to set your loot spec to subtlety/assassination to try for the ilvl 34 dagger. That way you can use it offhand in all 3 specs.

Users who are viewing this thread