Rogue OH

Hey guys, I'm making a new twink, and me and a guildie were getting into a fight over a weapon.

Is Battleworn Thrash Blade worth getting for offhand?

(LF input by : IAT, and other good ppl at math :p )

im good at math

+ chance fur 1nnee extraa swng tht meanz u geeeet moar chancz 2 git fieryy

Problem solved?

Lets see here in order with and without sharpening stones in your offhand:

[With shaperening stones]

1st: Shadowfang

2nd: Battleworn Thrash Blade (only +2 sharpening stone) assuming a shadowfang as mainhand

3rd: Assassin's Blade

4th: Cruel barb

5th: Wingblade

6th: Thief's Blade

7th: Balanced Heartseeker (only +2 sharpening stone)

8th: Skeletal Club

9th: Gutterblade

10th: Tail Spike

[Without shaperening stones]

2nd: Battleworn Thrash Blade assuming a shadowfang as mainhand

3rd: Cruel Barb

4th: Balanced Heartseeker

5th: Assassin's Blade

6th: Wingblade

7th: Venerable Mass of McGowan

10th: Thief's Blade

Edit: added the part about BWTB assuming shadowfang

I've always preferred Wingblade w/15 agi as an offhand stat stick and SF mh w/fiery. Just my opinion, though. I rarely see any rogue with my weapon combo.

Here is my math it is rather complicated so watch out.

Step 1. Use the search function.

Trespasser said:
Lets see here in order with and without sharpening stones in your offhand:

[With shaperening stones]

2nd: Battleworn Thrash Blade (only +2 sharpening stone) assuming a shadowfang as mainhand

3rd: Assassin's Blade

4th: Cruel barb

5th: Wingblade

6th: Thief's Blade

7th: Balanced Heartseeker (only +2 sharpening stone)

10th: Tail Spike

[Without shaperening stones]

2nd: Battleworn Thrash Blade assuming a shadowfang as mainhand

3rd: Cruel Barb

4th: Balanced Heartseeker

5th: Assassin's Blade

6th: Wingblade

7th: Venerable Mass of McGowan

10th: Thief's Blade

Edit: added the part about BWTB assuming shadowfang

Hey man! Thanks so much bro :)

Question for you though, what if CB would be my mainhand, would Battleworn still be BiS? (aside from SF).

Twinkytoes said:

Question for you though, what if CB would be my mainhand, would Battleworn still be BiS? (aside from SF).

Seeing as SF in MH makes it 2nd BiS because of the extra MH swing, if the procrate is 5%, you'd do:

BWTB_DPS + (MH_DPS * 0.05) + (MH_PROC_DPS * 0.05).

Assuming SF's proc grants the weapon 1 DPS, and the SF DPS adds ~0.85, I'd say it's more AP dependant, but overall, you'd lose ~.15 DPS compared to an SF in MH (assuming 0 AP, because MH_DPS and BWTB_DPS changes depending on AP.).

Twinky if my second shadowfang dissapeared the battleworn thrash would be equipped in 2 seconds. Behind that cruel barb and re enchant back my AB for 15 agil.

Twinkytoes said:

Just checked it out for you but even with CB in mainhand BWTB is still about 0.5dps higher then cruel barb (without sharpening stones) or Assassin's Blade (with sharpening stones).

So yes it will still be BiS behind SF.

I did not know that BWTB proc'd your main hand. Time to grab one:cool:

Linked your post in my sig Trespasser, so new rogues who see me post will see your genius.

Orcgasm said:

Linked your post in my sig Trespasser, so new rogues who see me post will see your genius.

Yo brosef, we're going to be dual arena rogues :p

Orcgasm said:

Well it wo't always proc your mainhand.

It will proc on your next swing. So if you use shadowfang and BWTB there is a 11.1% chance of proccing a OH swing and a 88.9% chance to proc a MH swing.

When using BWTB with a CB there will be a 14.3% chance for a OH swing and a 85.7% chance to proc a MH swing.

The reason for the chance to proc a OH swing it the fact that BWTB swings faster than your mainhand. Meaning that over the course of the fight the time between the swings will vary (unless your joisting 100% of the time).

Lets see this example.

0.0sec: Your shadowfang swings

0.1sec: BWTB swings and procs.

2.5sec: BWTB swings and uses the proc

2.7sec: shadowfang swings again

In this case you got a OH swing extra.

But if we continue from there we get this (getting 2 procs in a row how lucky :p).

2.7sec: shadowfang swings

4.9sec: BWTB swings and procs

5.4sec: shadowfang swings and uses the proc.

7.3sec: BWTB swings

Now you got a MH swing.

The chance of getting a OH swing in the same as the chance of getting 2 OH swings between 2 mainhand swings.

To calculate this we take the speed difference between your mainhand and offhand so 0.3 for shadowfang+BWTB or 0.4 for cruel barb+BWTB. And we devide that by the swing speed of your mainhand

so 0.3/2.7=0.1111 with shadowfang and 0.4/2.8=0.1429 with cruel barb.

The chance of a MH proc is just 1-[chance of OH proc].

Trespasser said:
Well it wo't always proc your mainhand.

It will proc on your next swing. So if you use shadowfang and BWTB there is a 11.1% chance of proccing a OH swing and a 88.9% chance to proc a MH swing.

When using BWTB with a CB there will be a 14.3% chance for a OH swing and a 85.7% chance to proc a MH swing.

The reason for the chance to proc a OH swing it the fact that BWTB swings faster than your mainhand. Meaning that over the course of the fight the time between the swings will vary (unless your joisting 100% of the time).

Lets see this example.

0.0sec: Your shadowfang swings

0.1sec: BWTB swings and procs.

2.5sec: BWTB swings and uses the proc

2.7sec: shadowfang swings again

In this case you got a OH swing extra.

But if we continue from there we get this (getting 2 procs in a row how lucky :p).

2.7sec: shadowfang swings

4.9sec: BWTB swings and procs

5.4sec: shadowfang swings and uses the proc.

7.3sec: BWTB swings

Now you got a MH swing.

The chance of getting a OH swing in the same as the chance of getting 2 OH swings between 2 mainhand swings.

To calculate this we take the speed difference between your mainhand and offhand so 0.3 for shadowfang+BWTB or 0.4 for cruel barb+BWTB. And we devide that by the swing speed of your mainhand

so 0.3/2.7=0.1111 with shadowfang and 0.4/2.8=0.1429 with cruel barb.

The chance of a MH proc is just 1-[chance of OH proc].

Prove it....

Oh wait damn.

Anyone who does as much theoretical math as trespasser and iaccidentlysuckeddink most likely suck at playing. Its crazy how often people ask for their input and how often they give different responses for being such mathematical geniuses.

They are no more intelligent then you or myself. Stop building them up to be :)

I can do maths without taking into account most variables too! Holy shit I must be like the Rainman of this warcraft stuff.

Beastly said:
Anyone who does as much theoretical math as trespasser and iaccidentlysuckeddink most likely suck at playing. Its crazy how often people ask for their input and how often they give different responses for being such mathematical geniuses.

They are no more intelligent then you or myself. Stop building them up to be :)

I can do maths without taking into account most variables too! Holy shit I must be like the Rainman of this warcraft stuff.

Conjecture much? You have no idea how well they play.

I consider myself a good player, yet i also indulge in a fair amount of theorycrafting. Just cos i spend some of my time deciding which combo of bracer and chest item/enchants would best suit each of my druids gearsets does not necessarily make me a bad player.

Users who are viewing this thread