Rogue boa weapons

Comparing anything to a hunter is invalid.

This is true and untrue

True - It's extremely hard to mage a hunters damage. (excluding of course certain skilled mages that will post SS if i say they dont out damage hunters
<
)

False - In a bracket thats dominated by hunter damage you kind of HAVE to base all other damage on how it competes with hunters :\

This is true and untrue

True - It's extremely hard to mage a hunters damage. (excluding of course certain skilled mages that will post SS if i say they dont out damage hunters
<
)

False - In a bracket thats dominated by hunter damage you kind of HAVE to base all other damage on how it competes with hunters :\

qft, you have to compare everything to what is best at the level. rogues do nowhere near as much damage as hunters, arcane mages, or ret paladins. rogues are extremely easy to heal through even with their 2 hard cast interrupts. rogues are pretty much my very last priority to heal other than stuff like warriors, warlocks, etc

just cuz rogues don't do a lot of damage out of stealth doesn't mean they don't

1. do a lot of damage in the opener

2. have sap

3. have shadowstep

i mean you could just bind sap, shadowstep, and ambush on a 20 rogue and still contribute a lot to your team

Lol cotus, you like making random statements like "sap, ambush and shadowstep are the only useful abilities to a rogue". Just like you say "improved counterspell is the only useful ability for a mage" (And hence why people shouldn't go frost iyo). You could be right, but what's your point?

A rogue is still going to be out of stealth after an opener, so they may as well try and be useful... Just like people are still going to play a frost mage for the extra aoe distance root.

After ambushing a hunter, if the hunter wasn't 1 shot by you, should you just roll over and die? I agree, I would rather gear my rogue as a glass cannon, but some people may prefer (and just as rightly so) to gear their character for after the opener, ie survivability. How boring would it be to play a character that is in stealth for the entire battleground..... Your way may be the more 'efficient way', but it doesn't necessarily make it the only good or fun way.

Lol cotus, you like making random statements like "sap, ambush and shadowstep are the only useful abilities to a rogue". Just like you say "improved counterspell is the only useful ability for a mage" (And hence why people shouldn't go frost iyo). You could be right, but what's your point?

A rogue is still going to be out of stealth after an opener, so they may as well try and be useful... Just like people are still going to play a frost mage for the extra aoe distance root.

After ambushing a hunter, if the hunter wasn't 1 shot by you, should you just roll over and die? I agree, I would rather gear my rogue as a glass cannon, but some people may prefer (and just as rightly so) to gear their character for after the opener, ie survivability. How boring would it be to play a character that is in stealth for the entire battleground..... Your way may be the more 'efficient way', but it doesn't necessarily make it the only good or fun way.

i never said that sap, ambush, and shadowstep are the only useful abilities for a rogue. my post is LITERALLY FIVE INCHES UP THE SCREEN FROM YOURS. scroll up and read it

i never said that improved counterspell is the "only useful ability for a mage". that statement doesn't even make any sense at all and as soon as you typed it out you should have realized how stupid it was and deleted it

i JUST DEFENDED medan earlier in this thread (one whole page back!!!) for gearing for survivability because it's smart

so

much

dumb

honestly, just copy my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Subvader/simple

if you decide to go daggers, swap the sword out for a wicked dagger, the hit shoulders for the pvp shoulders and the foremans gloves for the naga gloves.

use these macros.

Code:
#show 16

/equipslot [equipped:Sword] 16 Wicked Dagger

/equipslot [equipped:Dagger] 16 Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge

Code:
/startattack

/cast [noequipped:Sword] Backstab;

/cast [equipped:Sword] Sinister Strike

I shouldn't have said that you said it's the "only" useful spells, I have just noticed that one of your debating tactics is to say a select few abilities (such as counterspell) are for superior to any other abilities... And it comes across as "everything else sucks". I specifically remember you saying something along the lines of this: "I could make a class called improved counterspell, and it would be more useful than a frost mage"

My bad, I thought you were attacking medans survivability.

Also, in this thread I read this from you:

"the thing is, this quote is just 100% accurate for 20 rogues. you're seriously fucking useless for anything but interrupts once you leave stealth. rogue out of stealth damage as an f2p 20 is garbage

once you blow your load, if you didn't get the kill/can't restealth, you serve no purpose other than to interrupt or snare. everyone else does more damage than you and has more survivability and escape options."

And took it as meaning "if you are out of stealth as a rogue, you are worthless".

When you use excessive swearing or caps it comes across as raging and insulting, thanks.

Edit:

Oh here is another quote by you in this thread:

"like he said, rogues have terrible sustained damage in this bracket and are really only good for sap, interrupts, and their burst damage opener"

Can you not see how demoralizing this comes across as?

Not only demoralizing, but also misleading. Rogues can still be very good out of stealth shadowstepping and backstabbing with crippling... just not as good. Medan is proof of this.

Whatever, I just don't like your aggressive tone..

i never said that sap, ambush, and shadowstep are the only useful abilities for a rogue. my post is LITERALLY FIVE INCHES UP THE SCREEN FROM YOURS. scroll up and read it

Quote by COTUS in this thread: "terrible sustained damage in this bracket and are really only good for sap, interrupts, and their burst damage opener"

Ok you got me... you said "only good at sap, interrupts and ambush", I'm sorry for saying you said "only good at sap, ambush and shadowstep".

so

much

dumb

Indeed.

There are different ways to gear rogue, and I'm not saying that one spec is the definite way to go. Glass cannon rogues are viable, swords rogues are viable, McGowans rogues are viable, resil rogues are viable, dagger rogues are viable etc. I just think it was worth noting that people need to be more willing to bend the cookie cutter, look-alike human female rogue that are ever so present on AP and F2P in general.

Quote by COTUS in this thread: "terrible sustained damage in this bracket and are really only good for sap, interrupts, and their burst damage opener"

Ok you got me... you said "only good at sap, interrupts and ambush", I'm sorry for saying you said "only good at sap, ambush and shadowstep".

Indeed.

sorry dude, it's tough for me to be nice to someone who's too lazy to either click the "quote" button to accurately portray what i wrote, or too lazy to scroll 1 mouse wheel up his screen to either copy and paste what i wrote or just read 1 sentence and then re-type it out again

thanks for the macros danceparty, i've been looking for streamlined ones like those

I thought I would help you pinpoint exactly what you said considering you just said that you never said it.

That's ok though, and I'm sorry for cutting part of your quotes.

honestly, just copy my armory.

http://us.battle.net...Subvader/simple

if you decide to go daggers, swap the sword out for a wicked dagger, the hit shoulders for the pvp shoulders and the foremans gloves for the naga gloves.

use these macros.

Code:
#show 16

/equipslot [equipped:Sword] 16 Wicked Dagger

/equipslot [equipped:Dagger] 16 Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge

Code:
/startattack

/cast [noequipped:Sword] Backstab;

/cast [equipped:Sword] Sinister Strike

Your rogue looks pretty bad ass with that tabard

Users who are viewing this thread