Returning Twink, what I can still use?

Szage

Veteran
So I made a twink waaay back in either BC or WoTLK for 19s and geared him out as best as I could manage. I just resubbed and looking at a few posts on here it seems that nothing I have on my guy is usable anymore. Before I immediately go to regear, I just thought I'd ask the general forum if there is anything still usable on my rogue. Any suggestions would be helpful. I apologize if this is not the right forum to post in, first post.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/Szagealt

Last edited:
Awesome old school rogue, I miss my old rogues lol. I think the new gear is better than most of what you have sadly, but maybe I’m missing a few that are still BiS. Check out the 19s armory on XPoff and find the BiS Rogue, copy his or her gear as much as possible and you’ll be good to go.

Sweet twink! Go grab some agi rings over those strength ones first of all. Get some heirloom trinkets aswell. (Put all ur gear in bank). Get engi up to 300 for those vers stam glasses aswell. That's a start atleast, I don't twink a lot at 19 but that's something to go out from.

Ugh rough. Whelp looks like I'll probably have to start the grind for new gear then. How much investment am I looking at? I didn't really want to go in for more than 200k or so.

All of your gear is outdated currently.

Currently obtainable bis:

-Master Engineer's Goggles
-Eternal Woven Ivy Necklace (heirloom), Mark of the Hidden Satyr
-Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders (heirloom), Greater Tiger's Claw Inscription
-Parachute Claok, Shadow armor / PvP power
-BG Chest of the quickblade (7 vers 3 crit) / Gloomshroud armor, Glorious Stats
-Forest Leather Bracers / BG bracers of the quickblade (3 vers 2 crit), Greater Assault (or w/e the 3 AP enchant is called)
-Green BoE gloves of the quickblade (i think 4 vers 3 crit might be bis?), 4 agility
-Dungeon belt of the quickblade (5 vers 3 crit)
-Green BoE legs of the Quickblade (5 vers 4 crit), shadowleather leg armor
-BG boots of the quickblade (5 vers 3 crit), 2 agi + minor speed
-Defending champion
-Returning champion
-Sword / Axe of the quickblade (3 vers 2 crit), Elemental Force
-Shadowfang, Elemental Force

Ugh rough. Whelp looks like I'll probably have to start the grind for new gear then. How much investment am I looking at? I didn't really want to go in for more than 200k or so.
200k should be fine unless you want really overpriced shit like shadowfangs, either way 200k should set you up for a solid twink.

200k will be more than enough pretty much all you need to buy is Eng from 150-300, the rest is farmable. Like @Yung Flurry said, Sfangs will put you over 200k but if you don’t wanna buy those you’re good to go with 200k

Majority of your gear will come from “Random Battleground” wins, you get a “Crate of battlefield goods” from wins and it drops BiS gear, will take a little while to get fully geared.

Nice, ok so if I grab some heirlooms and grind out bgs that will get my character mostly geared (minus enchants and the expensive stuff) right?
[doublepost=1533063224,1533060626][/doublepost]Side note, anyone have a link to a fully BiS geared rogue that I could refer to when gearing and comparing to mine?

Nice, ok so if I grab some heirlooms and grind out bgs that will get my character mostly geared (minus enchants and the expensive stuff) right?
[doublepost=1533063224,1533060626][/doublepost]Side note, anyone have a link to a fully BiS geared rogue that I could refer to when gearing and comparing to mine?

For the most part, BGs and heirlooms will do the trick Engy goggles and BoE legs are the exceptions. Bestworld's list is good. The guide in my sig has a few other options for a number of slots.
[doublepost=1533066666][/doublepost]And I'll second the "don't throw this stuff out, throw it in the bank" sentiment. You never know what will be good later on. Also check your bank for any unique items.

All of your gear is outdated currently.

Currently obtainable bis:

-Master Engineer's Goggles
-Eternal Woven Ivy Necklace (heirloom), Mark of the Hidden Satyr
-Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders (heirloom), Greater Tiger's Claw Inscription
-Parachute Claok, Shadow armor / PvP power
-BG Chest of the quickblade (7 vers 3 crit) / Gloomshroud armor, Glorious Stats
-Forest Leather Bracers / BG bracers of the quickblade (3 vers 2 crit), Greater Assault (or w/e the 3 AP enchant is called)
-Green BoE gloves of the quickblade (i think 4 vers 3 crit might be bis?), 4 agility
-Dungeon belt of the quickblade (5 vers 3 crit)
-Green BoE legs of the Quickblade (5 vers 4 crit), shadowleather leg armor
-BG boots of the quickblade (5 vers 3 crit), 2 agi + minor speed
-Defending champion
-Returning champion
-Sword / Axe of the quickblade (3 vers 2 crit), Elemental Force
-Shadowfang, Elemental Force

4 vers 3 crit on gloves is bis for leather users (scouting). Also, 4 vers 1 crit bracers from bgs are not that rare.
You have also missed the rings - rdf reward quickblade (3 vers 2 crit ) and bg reward quickblade (4 vers 1 crit) should be bis.

Your Wingblade and Seal of sylvanas is not possible 2 get anymore, the ring might be good for an pure hp set? @Bestworld

Hey so I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the great advice and guidance! Definitely helped a ton as I was very lost. Updated my rogue as best as I could in a short period of time and I'm fairly happy with where he is (I still need BG crate pieces but I kept getting crushed in BGs yesterday). Let me know if you all have any other suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread