Returning to Wow F2P any tips?

dbether

Grandfathered
Hello all, I have been bored of gaming as of late and decided that coming back to f2p twinking would be a fun distraction. So I made a completely new bnet account and started fresh 100% f2p and warrior was my class of choice. I have spent the last couple of days farming for epic upgrade to AC quest chest and finally got it. Basically I dont know what comes next... lol. I have been following the baseline and working on the professions right now while queuing random wod dungeons. I see lots of mentions of soloing dungeons but got wrecked the second I stepped into Shadowmoon burial grounds. Am I doing something wrong? I see mentions of 2 SL trinkets but have realized they arent available to warriors. Just seeking some advice or tips you guys can share. Thanks in advance and happy twinking.

Typically the order of operations for gear drops is as follows:

• Reroll for epic TBC Quests (I think youve done this)
  • SL Chromie time for SL Trinkets (cannot be dropped for warrs solo, but can be traded if you subbed and went vet)
  • Vanilla Epics (For warrs you can get 1h & 2hweapons from ST, Strat and BRD)
  • Warlords of Draenor spamming for ilv 87 epic warforge gear (if you solo them, bosses drop gear 100% of the time)

of course there is also Shadowlands JC for the SL Gems (i think f2p can get the speed gem only) Others can talk to specific order for F2P prof grinds.

• SL Chromie time for SL Trinkets (cannot be dropped for warrs solo, but can be traded if you subbed and went vet)
  • Warlords of Draenor spamming for ilv 87 epic warforge gear (if you solo them, bosses drop gear 100% of the time)

of course there is also Shadowlands JC for the SL Gems (i think f2p can get the speed gem only) Others can talk to specific order for F2P prof grinds.
Thank you for the quick response. I have indeed rerolled for tbc gear I managed to get the chest and shoulder to upgrade although my shoulder is ilvl 85 im only losing 1 stam from what I saw the ilvl 87 would be. I don't intend on going vet on this account I made a complete new bnet just for the challenge. So next would be getting epic weapons followed by WoD spamming. Should I be able to solo them? I got dropped in 2 seconds when I went into Shadowmoon burial. Does the chromie time affect the dungeon difficulties at all or am I supposed to skip everything and just boss?

Thank you for the quick response. I have indeed rerolled for tbc gear I managed to get the chest and shoulder to upgrade although my shoulder is ilvl 85 im only losing 1 stam from what I saw the ilvl 87 would be. I don't intend on going vet on this account I made a complete new bnet just for the challenge. So next would be getting epic weapons followed by WoD spamming. Should I be able to solo them? I got dropped in 2 seconds when I went into Shadowmoon burial. Does the chromie time affect the dungeon difficulties at all or am I supposed to skip everything and just boss?
Shadowmoon has a particularly nasty caster mob so some of it is just knowing what to focus. Most likely though you need gear. Just queue with group for a bit. Are you arms? You are going to have a hard time as fury I would think, even in full ilvl87

my shoulder is ilvl 85 im only losing 1 stam from what I saw the ilvl 87 would be.
Oh, that is heartbreaking. The reason TBC socketed epics are so desired is not due to the extra stats. You need those pieces for their ilvl87 gem sockets. Level 85 sockets will not be usable with Shadowlands gems - which is the only reason to use those in the first place.

Oh, that is heartbreaking. The reason TBC socketed epics are so desired is not due to the extra stats. You need those pieces for their ilvl87 gem sockets. Level 85 sockets will not be usable with Shadowlands gems - which is the only reason to use those in the first place.
oh that sucks >< thanks for the info it procced on my way to 20 I was just focused on the chest and didnt notice

Shadowmoon has a particularly nasty caster mob so some of it is just knowing what to focus. Most likely though you need gear. Just queue with group for a bit. Are you arms? You are going to have a hard time as fury I would think, even in full ilvl87
I am playing arms now since I got an ilvl 87 polearm but I had gone in as prot. I'll give it another try. I actually have a friend that might join me. Is there anyway to group as 2 f2p characters?

Both the ST and Strath weapons are locked behind MC bosses, and the dungeons arent even on RDF list. Best epic weapon he can try for is Sul'thraze from Zul'farak, that is crazy easy to solo if he has done the arms artifact chainquest from legion. Equiping that weapon (or even juat transmog it onto an equiped weapon) will give a passive aoe fear for all troll mobs in that dungeon, even bosses.

Both the ST and Strath weapons are locked behind MC bosses, and the dungeons arent even on RDF list. Best epic weapon he can try for is Sul'thraze from Zul'farak, that is crazy easy to solo if he has done the arms artifact chainquest from legion. Equiping that weapon (or even juat transmog it onto an equiped weapon) will give a passive aoe fear for all troll mobs in that dungeon, even bosses.
I think I should be able to solo ST/Strath as prot right now Im pretty tanky and have soloed BRD already no luck on ironfoe just testing my ability. I have a 2h WoD polearm ilvl87 how would that compare to the vanilla items? Is Sul'thraze/ Runeblade far better and worth going for?

Just a reminder but in Strath there is a bugged banshee boss. You need to remain under 50% health to complete the fight or you get mind controlled and it resets.

Runeblade has extra speed + HoT so I’d give it a crack.

Just a reminder but in Strath there is a bugged banshee boss. You need to remain under 50% health to complete the fight or you get mind controlled and it resets.

sick thank you

Oooo that's good to know. I've always only run Strat UD on a hunter and as long as I remain max range I don't catch the possess.

Oooo that's good to know. I've always only run Strat UD on a hunter and as long as I remain max range I don't catch the possess.
It can be tricky on melee. I haven’t done it in a while but on my geared DK (cry now at 21) it was so hard to try and stay below 50% health. As a Blood DK not using Death Strike on rotation was hard to get used to for this boss :D

Users who are viewing this thread