Relic of the Past testing

You can relic dreadful gladiator crafted gear btw i have a piece on my 20 mage. shoulders comes with a socket and haste mastery, Might make a 14 just to play around with it as well it seems rpetty interesting.

You are forgetting that the goggles are pretty much the Dragonling trinket but with a meta gem instead.

Bring on that stun reduction and other goodies~

And which slot will you be sacrificing other than wrist to complete the set bonus? Probably feet in my honest opinion if you weren't able to get a ilvl 44.

Yeah I missed wrist and feet ilvl 44 so this will be a nice replacement. I think the other options give a max of 3 gem slots... So either ideal stats + 13 mastery or 6 int + stat or 9 int + less than perfect stats

Those bracers I will definitely have to get because I didn’t get Ilvl 44 boots that set bonus is really good
savage leathers prices are going up in many AHs .. you need to craft many pieces to get the BIS version, since your toon is so near perfect

savage leathers prices are going up in many AHs .. you need to craft many pieces to get the BIS version, since your toon is so near perfect

RNG is RNG, could get it on the first roll, who knows :)

Speaking of RNG. I've killed Hoarfrost about 8 times now, not a single ring lmao

RNG is RNG, could get it on the first roll, who knows :)

Speaking of RNG. I've killed Hoarfrost about 8 times now, not a single ring lmao
thats really tough luck .. i normally put 3 toons at each of location .. drops for some, drops nothing for others .. i am still actively doing the rings and cloak and neck .. the remaining pieces have to be filled by others .. would still feels great against players in a normal xp on bg

Im very much aware my character is no where near perfect lol im just trying to have a bit of fun before everything gets nerfed, once it does a lot of relics of the past stuff may end up being good so I’m trying to get a head start
[doublepost=1603464815,1603464681][/doublepost]
You can relic dreadful gladiator crafted gear btw i have a piece on my 20 mage. shoulders comes with a socket and haste mastery, Might make a 14 just to play around with it as well it seems rpetty interesting.
Worst comes to worst if you don’t like it you can level to either 19 or 20 depending on what you like to play, but I’ve had fun gearing this 14 and I feel like if gears get nerfed which is probably going to happen 14 will be best

Can anyone confirm that any craftable item can be crafted with the relic? Wowhead does not show the relic available in the craft slot on some items. The only craftable back with a gem socket that I've found is the TBC Vengeance Wrap, it looks great for a rogue though not sure if it can be crafted.

Can anyone confirm that any craftable item can be crafted with the relic? Wowhead does not show the relic available in the craft slot on some items. The only craftable back with a gem socket that I've found is the TBC Vengeance Wrap, it looks great for a rogue though not sure if it can be crafted.

post above me, but also in relation to wowhead; it’ll show the reagents and beside that if it’s usable with RotP there’ll be a plus sign beside it

I see now, thank you all guys. I've seen gear items posted above on this topic that do not have that "plus sign" for the relic but people were going to craft them, so I thought I'm missing smth out.

And what about items that do not have a lvl requirement? For example the engineer parachute cloak (ilvl 24): it requires 225 skill but not the lvl. If we craft it with relic for a higher ilvl and more agility, does it stick a lvl requierement to equip?

i think some players have their alpha twink toons .. then they create many beta twinks that they use to play with .. they wont be risking their alpha twinks in lvling brackets to play with the 10-19 lvlers .. so beta twinks which uses gears thats a little lower than the alpha's BIS, this kind of stuff will come in very handy, against lvlers, its more than sufficient .. for me, i create endless 10-19 constantly and have to find ways to balance between ease of making a toon and its ability to deal significant dmg in a normal xp on bg

I don't have the audacity to make additional twinks after the gold sink I did for Engineering. Cudos on you for doing this however, I'll stick to my affliction warlock and test how and when I can.

Yeah I missed wrist and feet ilvl 44 so this will be a nice replacement. I think the other options give a max of 3 gem slots... So either ideal stats + 13 mastery or 6 int + stat or 9 int + less than perfect stats

There are two mail classes and three plate wearing classes that can benifit from this - and with how the mastery scaling is for a majority of the classes, at least from what I have seen. It might even be BiS to drop some armor to pick up the additional hurpitydurpity mastery on DKs, Warriors and Paladins.

This is an update to a previous reply.. In the crafter's screen it shows 13 mastery as set bonus for Rotp1.. But after you crafted the item and send to the using character it becomes 8 mastery.. So it is NOT 13 mastery.

I'm stood corrected.

Last edited:
How do you put the cog gems into Rotp1 engineering helm ? The helm becomes lvl14 usable but the cogwheel from the vendor requires lvl32 ?

Users who are viewing this thread