regearing my rogue have a few questions

Twinkordie @ Bronzebeard - World of Warcraft is my rogue right now.

i know i need rings boa's and whatnot but im really curious about weapon selection. seems SS hits for garbage now so i was wondering if daggers were the way to go now and use backstab. [item=]Impish Blade[/item] mainhand with [item=]Stillwater's Dagger[/item] offhand looks really nice if daggers are infact the way to go. both with 15agi of course. just wondering what everyone thinks thx in advance for the input.

im going to use quest sholders (till boa) from sfk. quest wc boots, argas, ello's bandit belt and cape, and black wolf bracers from sfk. really wondering mostly on weapons, my ss crits are hitting roughly half my white hit crits so im wondering if alot of rogues have gone dagger since backstab gets bomuses just for going sub and ambush will hit harder.

For daggers best is Scout's Blade MH Impish Blade OH

The other is good but only if you need hit soft cap (11)

Check out my toon: Twinkaged @ Gilneas - World of Warcraft

Not fully geared but make sure you get at least the hit I have (+2 impish blade, +4 spidersilk cloak, +3 Deviate Scale Belt, +4 Simple Pearl Ring, +3 Scrupleless Bracers)

Remember, when not hit capped, you may as well just delete the char

when hit capped (11) 1 hit=1.8agi=about 5.5 AP

aka: hit is important!

Also, fish your hat and get your trinket

TwinkorDie said:
well i just looked it seems waylay works with backstab and ambush now so i see no reason to use swords when daggers give a slow. must be new i just noticed while in a random dungeon waylay kept procing.

where does it say waylay requires daggers?

Afrodizia said:
Combat rogue > sub, confirmed.

dps wise maybe. but you're putting yourself right back in the position of being kite bait.

i've been rolling with an equip daggger/backstab macro that allows me to easily swap over before shadowstepping to reapply the snare.

dps wise maybe. but you're putting yourself right back in the position of being kite bait.

i've been rolling with an equip daggger/backstab macro that allows me to easily swap over before shadowstepping to reapply the snare.

I don't let them the time to run ... they just die straight. 506 AP 32% crit hit cap with expertise makes me go hard on them enough popping evasion to dodge wingclip... then every man for himself and sprint kills them, my first attack on them combo wise goes for around 900 to 1000, then my second one kills them.

Afrodizia said:
I don't let them the time to run ... they just die straight. 506 AP 32% crit hit cap with expertise makes me go hard on them enough popping evasion to dodge wingclip... then every man for himself and sprint kills them, my first attack on them combo wise goes for around 900 to 1000, then my second one kills them.

Yeah, you everyman out of concussive shot straight into a scatter shot. GG.

What I'm saying is that mobility has always be the rogues biggest weakness in any bracket, especially 19's where the only slow we have is waylay. Dropping shadowstep just puts us into the same sad state we've been in prior to this patch.

Grunge said:
where does it say waylay requires daggers?

Waylay doesn't, but backstab does. Smart rogues should have these macros in their arsenal.

#show backstab

/equipset dagger

/startattack

/cast backstab

#show sinister strike

/equipset sword

/startattack

/cast sinister strike

Nothing fancy, but it allows for easy reapplication of waylay.

Afrodizia said:

So when you blow all your CDs you can kill something, I think most classes can say that.

Users who are viewing this thread