Regarding Tonight.

Impossible to get "out of position" from a stealther.
No blame was directed toward any type of class. I stated, as did others, that heals fail to receive peels.

/cheers

Tapout What's more important: having a few extra stats and dominating on one faction; dynamically switching from side to side depending on faction strength- sometimes playing with extra stats, sometimes without.
To the bracket, that answer is obvious. I guess Tapout's decision depends on his motivations for playing 39.
DW I will make him regret his decision, but sadly Alliance may suffer with it

Just want to state a point that has been skated around...for any blame you want to give to melee, some blame needs to go to healers as well.

As melee:

If we extend to work on their healers, we're accused of overextending

If we stay back to make sure our fc is safe and peel for healers, we're accused of staying in mid

If we leave to work on efc, we are accused of breaking off too soon

Conversely, sure enough when I turn around on O there are two healers standing next to me while our fc is dying.

Healers also need to pay close attention to their positioning.

I'm not a mongo, I try to calculate a good place to be to make kills and accomplish objectives and I sometimes offheal higher than dedicated heal specs. It's a role I'm decent at I think. But I'm not a perfect player nor do I claim to be; we all need to logically analyze what's wrong and improve and fix it in all the ways we have mentioned.

Quit the pointless QQ about your teammates. It's pugs, no shit your teammates aren't solid.

If you are doing everything solo or lfg, it takes longer. I've lost too many sm and scholo cloth drops to hunters to count. Also sometimes have to turn exp off so you can still queue for am, etc.

It doesn't take longer for most classes, or at least it hasn't all the times I've done it. Scholo is the only thing you need to group queue for(unless you're farming the first boss or you're a smart warrior with victory rushes), which does suck. Both SM instances are fast enough to solo that you'll reach the instance cap, and since everything is ~31 you can actually avoid tons of trash. Revelosh is easy for most classes too. The ones without reliable self healing have a bit harder until you figure out you can make rev just stand in place forever by running LoS at the end of his cast and back in before he decides to run at you.

Also sometimes have to turn exp off so you can still queue for am
I have no idea what you're trying to say here, but there isn't any BiS gear from pre-45ilvl satchels AFAIK.

[MENTION=6999]Tapout[/MENTION] What's more important: having a few extra stats and dominating on one faction; dynamically switching from side to side depending on faction strength- sometimes playing with extra stats, sometimes without.
To the bracket, that answer is obvious. I guess Tapout's decision depends on his motivations for playing 39.
the fact you had to ask that question tells me you dont know how his brain works

It doesn't take longer for most classes, or at least it hasn't all the times I've done it. Scholo is the only thing you need to group queue for(unless you're farming the first boss or you're a smart warrior with victory rushes), which does suck. Both SM instances are fast enough to solo that you'll reach the instance cap, and since everything is ~31 you can actually avoid tons of trash. Revelosh is easy for most classes too. The ones without reliable self healing have a bit harder until you figure out you can make rev just stand in place forever by running LoS at the end of his cast and back in before he decides to run at you.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here, but there isn't any BiS gear from pre-45ilvl satchels AFAIK.

The garbled auto-corrected sentence was meant to convey that if you want to use the lfg function you sometimes have to turn exp off in order to stay within level cutoffs. I wasn't able to solo the first boss on my shaman in SM (the one where you push the targets towards the boss as he shoots arrows). When I made my priest I just assumed I couldn't solo much and lfg'd it which took a disgusting amount of time, particularly when you include trinket from EPL. Might just be bad luck but it always takes me a while to finish a guy, although my warrior was pretty easy outside of obtaining the ring from uld.

I wasn't able to solo the first boss on my shaman in SM

Enhance should do that pretty easy with magma totem. Ele can also do it with Tstorm>earthgrab>chain lightning on the adds without taking much dmg. Resto can probably do the same with glyphed chain lighting. The stacking debuff from the adds is what'll get you -- just don't let the connect.
When approaching, you can avoid standing in fire altogether by stopping when he fires it, strafing sideways and continuing forward. Kind of like
|_
_|
|_

Void trinket makes *most* boss fights trivial to solo btw. Should be for cheap on any server. IDK I chill out to hulu/netflix while grinding solos or doing quest chains. Sorry it took so long for you :( Prot war with glyphed victory rush should be able to solo uld to boss in like 5 pulls though lol. Just chain chop > chain VR and ur immortal lol.

Just want to state a point that has been skated around...for any blame you want to give to melee, some blame needs to go to healers as well.

As melee:

If we extend to work on their healers, we're accused of overextending

If we stay back to make sure our fc is safe and peel for healers, we're accused of staying in mid

If we leave to work on efc, we are accused of breaking off too soon

Conversely, sure enough when I turn around on O there are two healers standing next to me while our fc is dying.

Healers also need to pay close attention to their positioning.

I'm not a mongo, I try to calculate a good place to be to make kills and accomplish objectives and I sometimes offheal higher than dedicated heal specs. It's a role I'm decent at I think. But I'm not a perfect player nor do I claim to be; we all need to logically analyze what's wrong and improve and fix it in all the ways we have mentioned.

Last time I played with you, you were complaining in chat that not a single healer was with the FC when 2/3 of us were desperately healing the FC against half the horde team with no dps support. No one is saying there isn't some challenge to playing melee because of the balancing act you mentioned. It is however, undeniable that alliance is on average MUCH worse at peeling for their healers than horde is. Seeing alliance players mount up and run away as a warrior sits on our healer is business as usual.

Enhance should do that pretty easy with magma totem. Ele can also do it with Tstorm>earthgrab>chain lightning on the adds without taking much dmg. Resto can probably do the same with glyphed chain lighting. The stacking debuff from the adds is what'll get you -- just don't let the connect.
When approaching, you can avoid standing in fire altogether by stopping when he fires it, strafing sideways and continuing forward. Kind of like
|_
_|
|_

Void trinket makes *most* boss fights trivial to solo btw. Should be for cheap on any server. IDK I chill out to hulu/netflix while grinding solos or doing quest chains. Sorry it took so long for you :( Prot war with glyphed victory rush should be able to solo uld to boss in like 5 pulls though lol. Just chain chop > chain VR and ur immortal lol.

I tried it as resto but I didn't use the chain lightning glyph and I don't have tendrils. I'd be fine with the approach because I'd kind of zig-zag but I couldn't kite the adds long enough to kill them all and I'd die. I tried about 5 times, got a little salty and lfg'd it. I didn't find it difficult on warrior, I just got somewhat unlucky with drops from last boss and I was already sick of Uld by then.

sick of Uld by then.
Welcome to 39s :D

Yeah, you don't need to use void for that first guy, he's not even a boss. Earthgrab and chain lighting + a little repositioning while they're all rooted/slowed should let you do it as resto, but duelspec ele would be a smarter bet for soloing. I'd save it for houndmaster, and should be back or ~30sec to it by the time you get to Harlan. You can fuck with harlan by strafing and making him change the direction he wants to run to you from btw. Not necessary but pretty funny.

Anyways not really relevant since you're already done, but good for other ppl to know when trying to gear up :)

Please remember [MENTION=750]Beachcomber[/MENTION] refuses to use TS because...15 year old boogeymen. [MENTION=19918]Skeezin[/MENTION] It's rhetorical. I'd like to get [MENTION=6999]Tapout[/MENTION] on the record, but it will likely only further obfuscate the discussion. [MENTION=26663]Batts[/MENTION] Satchel gloves can be BIS for haste and must be farmed <39.

haha still the same issues.

sorry i havent been on last couple game nights got a new job and just been busy.

@ whoever said nobody but them and a rogue ever left to chase efc you are either blind or semi-retarded. I'm pretty sure I've chased mvp solo while trying to cc 1-2 people. If you count a stealthed rogue who never opens as helping then I guess I didn't try to solo, but whatever rogue that is that all the alliance complain about, he is always just sitting there watching me try to down mvp. I am usually chasing mvp for a good 30 sec before our fc even starts losing hp in most games but rarely have a rogue come with me =/

By the time most of my help ever does show up, mvp is either back in the fr on point as flag returns or I am killed off by either fancy+priest or double priest dots or w/e other D comes to help.

I've yet to play with a rogue that coordinates well with me other than my buddy highmane but his sub is out atm.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ whoever said nobody but them and a rogue ever left to chase efc you are either blind or semi-retarded. .

that was me and what i said remains true, you must be "semi-retarded" if you think we always got in the same games

but since we are gonna be douchebags here, i have been in many wsg with ur hunt and u never once broke off with me to hit mvp on his way to flag :)

Users who are viewing this thread