RECRUITING - [A]? - US - Are you a Gladiator on your main?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally value everyones opinion. You all have excellent additions to this thread and I respect your individual ability to play this game to the developer's intended limitations.

joelol said:
werked, i find your elitist attitude towards the community off putting.

I like it. I just hope he actually backs it up.

this thread:

<VENGEFUL GLADIATOR WERKED> <pizza>

(LFM GUILD)>( ^ .^) <--« *shoots* (=[@_@╚]<(HOPEUBACKITUP!)

Werked said:
Another valued opinion.

The fact that you think you're better than CL is absolutely hilarious. Unless you somehow managed to convince Atax, Ruin, and Deathsstone to play again, your guild is nowhere near as good as CL was.

gigatech said:
The fact that you think you're better than CL is absolutely hilarious. Unless you somehow managed to convince Atax, Ruin, and Deathsstone to play again, your guild is nowhere near as good as CL was.

YEAH DEATHSTONE GENERIC 19 FANBOI YEAAAAAAAAH

calm down, nerd.

gigatech said:

So they are like some gods and noone can come even close to them?

_Arkant_ said:
So they are like some gods and noone can come even close to them?

Granted, not many have. Now 19s are a joke, it's almost impossible to prove someone could. Unless someone wants to make like a stable bc private server and get everyone to play again.

gigatech said:

I don't know who any of those people are, but if they want to join I'm sure they'd be welcome (and interested, so if you're out there reading this somewhere people, send me a PM!). Also, who are you/why does what you say matter?

S3 for life.

WoW, even at 85, isnt some mystical world where players of unmeasurable skills let beauty fly out of their fingertips and flow through their keystrokes. the "skill cap" is quite low compared to games like starcraft, or even many FPSs. The players listed as "gods" aren't there because of a talent discrepancy, they are there because they marketed themselves like characters from a reality show. Our guild will be quite capable of competing with anyone from the history of the game, and it will come down to whose strengths and weaknesses are favored by that particular matchup.

Get off the fanboy train, put down your cheerfuls, and get pumped for some exciting matchups involving quality players.

joelol said:
WoW, even at 85, isnt some mystical world where players of unmeasurable skills let beauty fly out of their fingertips and flow through their keystrokes. the "skill cap" is quite low compared to games like starcraft, or even many FPSs. The players listed as "gods" aren't there because of a talent discrepancy, they are there because they marketed themselves like characters from a reality show. Our guild will be quite capable of competing with anyone from the history of the game, and it will come down to whose strengths and weaknesses are favored by that particular matchup.

Get off the fanboy train, put down your cheerfuls, and get pumped for some exciting matchups involving quality players.

No, it's because warsong is less like lolarena and more less chess. It actually requires more than focus strategies. So yes, the people mentioned are VERY, very good. It's not like a physiological thing, it's been proven. To me you're just undermining things so you can. Hell, nothing takes SKILL then. Most things are just muscle memory and environmental adaption. Good game, lifes meaningless. Or we can just play the game and accept that some people are better than a majority at certain tasks. I know it seems obnoxious but it's no better than the current endgamers that refuse to look at anyone except the ones mentioned on arenajunkies or mlg as top players. (Which in itself is a hilarious assumption, because some of those players are extremely average and let comp carry them like fagTs)

Summary:

Each bracket or group under/overestimates its community and legends. It's just the mmo mentality, people are too thick headed to think another way. It's pointless, really. I could debate bc 19s vs any season for hours, won't get us anywhere. I stand by my statement that this bracket has turned to garbage, you'd be better off making 39s or something.

I pray that these mighty gladiators can break the grip of those super villians in Waw Tawent; restoring peace and prosperity to this once glorious bracket.

Oasis said:
I pray that these mighty gladiators can break the grip of those super villians in Waw Tawent; restoring peace and prosperity to this once glorious bracket.

i lol'd

10chars

Oasis said:

a rare post indeed.

give it up for oasis everyone

Reflexes said:
No, it's because warsong is less like lolarena and more less chess. It actually requires more than focus strategies. So yes, the people mentioned are VERY, very good. It's not like a physiological thing, it's been proven. To me you're just undermining things so you can. Hell, nothing takes SKILL then. Most things are just muscle memory and environmental adaption. Good game, lifes meaningless. Or we can just play the game and accept that some people are better than a majority at certain tasks. I know it seems obnoxious but it's no better than the current endgamers that refuse to look at anyone except the ones mentioned on arenajunkies or mlg as top players. (Which in itself is a hilarious assumption, because some of those players are extremely average and let comp carry them like fagTs)

Summary:

Each bracket or group under/overestimates its community and legends. It's just the mmo mentality, people are too thick headed to think another way. It's pointless, really. I could debate bc 19s vs any season for hours, won't get us anywhere. I stand by my statement that this bracket has turned to garbage, you'd be better off making 39s or something.

your response was a little scattered, let me address it as clearly as i can.

1. I made no distinction between arenas or battlegrounds, 19s, or 85s, i am speaking in generalities, but to suggest that the decision making behind Gulch is anywhere near as important or complex as chess or RTS play is laughable.

2. "Skill" is simply the reward of applying one's capacity to learn and improve. the process is never finished, but as you near the limits of a game's complexity the reward for improving upon smaller and smaller details of your game play becomes less and less noticeable. We refer to this as the "skill cap".

3. Very (add a few more "verys" it if makes you happy) good players exist. But they are not unique, and they do not have any more theoretical capacity to compete than even the shittiest player. What they have is an understanding of how to learn, and how to improve. The majority of WoW's player base (id suggest that even more so with twinks) is not open to the idea of improving one's play. Players blame the game, imbalance, or the "mystical skill" you are referring to for their own shortcomings. You are a person sitting at your computer pressing keys in order to accomplish rather simple tasks better than the person sitting on the other end of the internet, doing the same, improvement lies in the subtleties.

To reiterate:

There is no abstract modifier that makes one player's actions more effective than the other's. No player attains a state where they transcend the limits of their peripherals. Good players simply spend time and energy revising their play in order to improve. The only difference between players comes from one's understanding of how to learn to improve their own play.

Give the pro's understanding of how to improve to an average player, add in the time and effort required to revise one's play, and the average player begins to look just like the original pro. The biggest hurdle in becoming "good" is to stop comparing yourself to the rest of the players and start comparing yourself to "perfection". Admit that you suck (to yourself), Lose 10 duels to that rival that bad mouths you in trade and say "GD, well played". Abandon your epeen and try everything in an attempt to discover what is and what is not effective. Stop caring about what percentile you fall into and simply enjoy the process (and struggle) of learning to play better.

Do this successfully and you will realize that skill isn't so abstract.

TLDR: read my last post and don't argue this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread