Reason to go 21 rather than 20 for monk.

Junoo

<XL>
Recently spoken to Sapah and he suggested going 21 for http://www.wowhead.com/item=16886 and Broken Fingers of Hillsbrad - Item - World of Warcraft and heres my findings.

Outlaw scaling gives (while in bg)

ilvl 33
40 - 75 dmg 2.70 speed
21.38 dps
17 attack power

which is same dmg as level 28 legionnaire sword and currently the highest dps sword in the bracket . in my current build i lose 1agi from feet of lynx while keeps all ovther scaling from 20. Not to mention you can apply Frost oil on sabre.

So if your intrested in playing 20 p2p monk i highly suggest going 21.

Broken Fingers of hillbrad
4agi 7stam 6crit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blackvenom Blade
23-43 damage
18.37 dps
+9 agility
at level 21

I leveled my warrior to 21 and I was suprised, almost ALL my gear stayed the same stats.
Some items that scaled down are:
Black Wolf Bracers from 4 agi 5 stam 4 crit to 3 agi 5 stam 3 crit
Redbeard Crest from 8 str 5 stam to 7 str 3 stam
Black Widow Band from 8 int -5 stam to 7 int -5 stam

The rest of my gear stayed completely the same, argas rings are still 5 stam 6 str, thorbias gauntlets still 10 str 4 stam, savage trodders still 7 str 7 stam, satchel belt still 6/6/6 and 12, ect.

Its well worth going 21 if you can use this amazing ass weapon. To compare how good it is, it has the same dps and damage as a level 28 weapon Legionnaire's Sword - Item - World of Warcraft

Also, it would be amazing if someone could check out Shadowfang, it might be BiS off hand for monks if it gets 7 agility since they cant use BvB.
Oh yeah, and could someone check out the stats for Pocket-Nuke Belt - Item - World of Warcraft

Nice, thanks for the info. I had a 20 monk waiting for the patch. Guess shes going to 21 :) Nice sig also, love that movie!

I just pulled off what I think was a great trade tonight. Now to decide if I keep my rogue at 20 or go to 21 or 22.

Ty41Y4v.jpg

Go 24 for monks. 5% stat buff, 5% parry, FB is a huge cd, Karma touch. 20 or 21 is too squishy

Well, you got the best end of the deal. Whoever traded that is quite simply not the brightest person.

I agree that I got the better end of the deal, but the pets are more "liquid"... more potential buyers. The Dark Whelpling is level 25 too. I don't believe the seller was a twinker although he has a lot of good twink gear for sale. I was going to xfer a 90 over to pay for just the Blackvenom blade but I am fairly low on gold lately so I asked if he'd consider trading for pets.

Go 24 for monks. 5% stat buff, 5% parry, FB is a huge cd, Karma touch. 20 or 21 is too squishy

being 20/21 you gain more agi and crit than being 24 and i personally dont want to use crutch of karma and enjoying playing without

I'd say Touch of Karma is better then a few stats from scaling. But I guess it's all personal preference in the scaling vs abilities argument. But if you do go for scaling instead of abilities, I agree, 21 is better than 20.

being 20/21 you gain more agi and crit than being 24 and i personally dont want to use crutch of karma and enjoying playing without

You can "crutch" on abilities or you can "crutch" on stats. I really don't see how that term is relevant here. It's a trade-off. I would say the abilities are better than the stats for monk. If you can choose, and agree, then I don't see why you wouldn't go 24 and NOT use the abilities. Then you are not crutching on either...

You can "crutch" on abilities or you can "crutch" on stats. I really don't see how that term is relevant here. It's a trade-off. I would say the abilities are better than the stats for monk. If you can choose, and agree, then I don't see why you wouldn't go 24 and NOT use the abilities. Then you are not crutching on either...

playing 20/21 reminds of when i used to play 10 rogue and i enjoy playing 20/21 with out crutch of karma or fort.

Users who are viewing this thread