Rate the Druid-

Rayekk said:
So far I’ve been focusing on WSG, and not as much on AB’s. I’ve tried out the 0/13/7 build with my full stam gear last night, and found it to be move viable as flag carrier (my primary roll) than with my “hybrid bear†gear, so I’m going to try that out for a bit and see how it holds up. So far, no issues with form-switching and mana drain, though I’m still working out if I should be in bear form for the extra HP once I’m in our base (and the apposing side has our flag too) or cat for the extra run speed. The results are mixed thus far, with 2 wins and 3 losses (against the same premade vs. our PUG with a mix of twinks and levelers).

Oh yes bear form in the base. Defense wise its such a better decision. Which reminds, during s3-s4 where wsg was renamed ctd- catch that druid (unofficially but for good reasons^^) I found a very nice hang out that only works for druid. It completely hides the flag and you 100%. And though you are visible on the map, I was never found unless i strayed away from spot. The spot is located just out the right exit (where most people run out when they have mounts and such.) As you step out turn left and walk maybe 2 yards. Turn left again and run straight into the corner, back butt first into the corner and then sit. You will not be visible if you do it right, and I suggest sort of locating it first. Key thing to remember is that you actually need to go out of the base before turning left, it is not in the doorway itself, but rather just outside and around the doorway. Now anyone who might consider this an exploit, you are still targetable, it is just very difficult...and you are still attackable. It is just like hiding out under the saw blades horde side. Still don't feel like you have to use this, it is just an easy fix to sitting around for 10 minutes before your pug team actually goes and gets the flag^^ I had about a 95% win rate as I was working towards Justicar I managed about 9k rep in a pretty short time.

Windsor said:
Key thing to remember is that you actually need to go out of the base before turning left, it is not in the doorway itself, but rather just outside and around the doorway. Now anyone who might consider this an exploit, you are still targetable, it is just very difficult...and you are still attackable.

I'll see if I can find this on my next WSG match- just so I'm looking in the right place, it's the "upper" ramp, east of the Alliance GY, right?

Thanks for the tip...

hmm id say no when you say "upper" it is the lower of the two- the exit closer to the gy. it is the wall inbetween the two door. so left, then about 3 steps forward, and left again back into the the little corner nook.

So I know [item]Furbolg Medicine Pouch[/item]'s "spell" cannot be used by a lv19 or under, but what about a 29? The spell level is 50 but at what level can you start using it?

i find that in pug wsg, you have to use cat form a lot and double shift a lot against slows. speed is key, if you stay in bear form (even indoors) people are going to catch you. your only instant CC is nature's grasp so against multiple people speed is definately better than armor or health. you want to get away from people as long as possible. this way you can kite people for several minutes rather than tanking for 30 seconds.

this is just what i've found from my experiences as a 29 druid. i rarely used bear form. in premades i could see being in bear form as a good option, but in games where your teammates aren't very good, cat form reigns supreme until the debuff hits.

therefore, personally i'd go 0/13/7.

Biggest upgrade I can see is to upgrade to tichondrius to play with my building guild :D

Well, I'm sold on the 0/13/7 build for WSG; it really seems to fit my playstyle well. However....

Druiddroid said:
in games where your teammates aren't very good, cat form reigns supreme until the debuff hits.

That begs the question then- once the Debuf is in force, is THAT the time to go bear? Logic would say yes, but PUGs are rarely logical.

Nice druid!, Was always curious to know what the most unbuffed HP you can get in bear is at 29...

Cookíes said:
Nice druid!, Was always curious to know what the most unbuffed HP you can get in bear is at 29...

Why thank you, but much of my intel on building Freefoot came from these very forums, so Animalmother, Druiddriod, Drayner, and everyone else I forgot, take a bow ;P.

Fully buffed w/ fort, kings, stam food, drink and my tallent, I can get over 5k for like 30 seconds or something-

Drives people nutz when I come plowing out the middle! RAWR!

Rayekk said:
That begs the question then- once the Debuf is in force, is THAT the time to go bear? Logic would say yes, but PUGs are rarely logical.

when the debuff hits, cat doesn't provide anything except for a slightly better ability to kill, which you shouldn't do much of. when FCing, the only real advantage to cat form is speed, and you lose that advantage as soon as the debuff hits.

before the debuff hits, the only times i use bear is when i have healers healing me and 5+ DPS on my ass, when i want to stay in range of healers, or when a rogue is sprinting and meleeing me. also i might use it against a turtle in order to tank all the stuns and fears that come at me right as i grab the flag. which reminds me - if i think i'm about to get feared, i'll try to use bear form too.

Windsor said:
hmm id say no when you say "upper" it is the lower of the two- the exit closer to the gy. it is the wall inbetween the two door. so left, then about 3 steps forward, and left again back into the the little corner nook.

I found this place and it's not bad indeed. In 4 matches, it worked twice (the other two matches where against premades, so the saw right through it).

Thanks for the tip.

Druiddroid said:
which reminds me - if i think i'm about to get feared, i'll try to use bear form too.

Another noob question- are you saying bears are resistant to lock/priest/warrior fears? (I'm guessing your just as vulnerable as cat to scare beast and flash bombs)

Rayekk said:
Another noob question- are you saying bears are resistant to lock/priest/warrior fears? (I'm guessing your just as vulnerable as cat to scare beast and flash bombs)

when you're feared, you cannot control where you go. so the cat form's speed increase really isn't very helpful when you're feared. however, in bear form, you have an increased amount of armor and health, so once the fear is over you'll have more health than had you been in a different form.

Also- You WILL be able to get a better +stam helm. The fishing helmet from STV tournament is +15. And you didn't RE my guild switch post! :p

Pållynåtor said:
Also- You WILL be able to get a better +stam helm. The fishing helmet from STV tournament is +15. And you didn't RE my guild switch post! :p
it's cloth though, the 14 stam leather helm is recommended.

Pållynåtor said:

Oh- I read it ;P- but I like my twinks right were there they are! (If i knew you better, I'd try to dis ya, but since I'm trying to make a good impression here, I'll let it slide ;P)

I have thought about the fishing hat (ugh) and I think I'll pass for now- 20 HP is not worth the boring waste of a Sunday.

Rayekk said:
On the 9/9 pants- yeah- I'm working on it. They never seem to drop on my server, but I've got a patch ready to go, should they "find their way home."

Woot! and home they came! found them on the AH for a bargan-basement price of 2gold and change!

No, if I could ONLY get that damn Plains Ring......

Users who are viewing this thread