Rate the Druid-

So, the druid is "done" (are they ever really done?) and ready for comments-

[char=Uther]Freefoot[/char]

Currently I have my cat flag-carry set equipped that giveme enough mana to jump in and out of form (break CC) and heal/abolish poison too), but I have a full stam set as well (“of staminaâ€￾ helm and bracers, the Gnomer quest ring and a main hand/off hand weapon set that returns health), a “Cat AP/STRâ€￾ set and a support heal set, but this seems to be the gear I roll with most of the time.

In full stam gear, I can hit 4200 unbuffed, but not much in the way of shifts; in heals I’m, about 2600/2800 man with a decent spell power. The cat set seems very weak, so I’m staying away from it ATM.

Suggestions or comments?

Unless there's a buff stacking conflict i'm not aware of, [item]Pendant of the Agate Shield[/item] could get you 5 more stamina.

[item]Seal of Sylvanas[/item] would be well to replace your charged gear of the gorilla.

I don't think I know of any other upgrades you could use. Good job btw.

fuzzles said:
Unless there's a buff stacking conflict i'm not aware of, [item]Pendant of the Agate Shield[/item] could get you 5 more stamina.

[item]Seal of Sylvanas[/item] would be well to replace your charged gear of the gorilla.

I don't think I know of any other upgrades you could use. Good job btw.

Thanks for the tip on [item]Pendant of the Agate Shield[/item]; I'll check it out.

As for [item]Seal of Sylvanas[/item] I think that's a horde-only quest, is it not?

9/9 pants

14 stam helm

8 stam bracers +9 stam or gallan cuffs +12 stam. gallan cuffs are horde only though.

you could get 7/7 gloves of the eagle if you want

idk about the weapon, i know crescent staff can have 30 int and you can get the Book of Survival. i think book of survival +1h would be better, that's just IMO.

plains ring, charged gear of the eagle..either one of those

from what i've heard, minor speed works in cat form. if it's true, AB boots +7 stam are good for non-debuff FCing.

also, as a 29 FC druid i specced 0/13/7. i almost always used cat form because it has more speed than most other classes. it's not as weak as it seems when you have plenty of stam gear :)

If you want cat dps to be decent at all you need to set up a good agi set. In cat 1 agi=1 ap and most of your damage will come from there. Of the falcon or of the monkey will be your best bet if you want to make a true feral cat. Primal Fury is also THE cat bread and butter talent. It allows you to crit enough that you can get to 5 combo points is 3 moves. That saves loads of energy and allows you finish quickly (i.e. add a rip dot) and then pop out and heal yourself if needed. Since you lack the ability to spec for furor (would be a big waste of talents as twinks have so few) you need to finish off combo points quickly so that you can shift out of cat. Shifting into cat mid fight will lower your dps as you will start with 0 energy and need to wait for it to regain.

Awesome tips/advice- thanks all!

On the 9/9 pants- yeah- I'm working on it. They never seem to drop on my server, but I've got a patch ready to go, should they "find their way home." Same is true for the Plains Ring (the charged gear of the eagle just wouldn’t drop in my 15-20 times running it, so I’m setting for what I can get via AH). I do have the Book of Survival, along with a Looming Gavel and a +22 Int. enchant for my stam set. Speaking of stam, I do have the Stam helm w/ a hit point enchant (though I think my stam helm is 13) and stam bracers, so that’s covered. the 7/7 gloves sound interesting- is it safe to assume that Agility would be the stat to enchant? I also have the Dog Training Gloves (+15 Agil is the plan) if they're better.

The PvP items are in the works- I just need to get cracking in the Basin. I’ve heard conflicting reports as to if the minor speed enchant works in cat form, but I’ll be better off checking that once the PvP boots are in my possession (I have the Gnomebot Operating Boots as my heal set w/ the speed enchant- I’ll play w/ that and see if I notice a difference).

On the cat DPS side- I have the Monkey (9/9) pants and wrist (5/5 I believe) and a few weapon choices- mostly I’ve been using the Manual Crowd Pummeler for the Agil and Str ratings, along w/ a parachute cloak and the max agility stat (can’t remember off the top of my head). I seem to do okay as cat DPS, but really it’s just while I’m “OMW” to the flagroom and such.

On a talent note- any reason to look at the natural shapeshifter talents?

I have a 29 Paladin FC on Kul Turas in Peace Naga: Sýlv

Charged Gear Ring of Stamina (10) or ... of Eagle (7stam 6intel)

Deadmans Hand (10 stam)

Emissary Cuffs of Stamina (9) Enchanted with 9 stamina

The Gnomer items are more favorable in my taste because they contain resistance. I also sport a Tigerstrike with + 5 resistance.

If you have the opportunity to sacrifice a few stats go eagle gear. Druids obviously need it for the reasons you listed as well as Paladins for Purify spamming, Blessings, and if granted a few heals for your pet healer.

Rayekk said:

for an FC spec, go 0/13/7, putting 2 into the talent that gives less mana cost to shapeshifting.

hummm- that's an interesting build- is it safe to say that you can use that with full stam gear on (My thought is that the reduction makes the need for mana much less)?

Also, I see lots of peple choosing Feral Agression over Ferocity- I just don't see why (I never seem to be in bear, except once we're in "turtle mode," which I hate).

What's the logic I'm missing?

Rayekk said:
hummm- that's an interesting build- is it safe to say that you can use that with full stam gear on (My thought is that the reduction makes the need for mana much less)?

well, you can get lots of intellect from your enchant to weapon. also, you can get it from your gloves, belt, legs, and a few other places. so stacking stamina isn't that bad, especially with the shapeshifting mana cost reduction.

Also, I see lots of peple choosing Feral Agression over Ferocity- I just don't see why (I never seem to be in bear, except once we're in "turtle mode," which I hate).

attack power reduction against others = you take less damage. also, it's an AoE, so it affects any melee around you.

personally, i don't use it much, but if you have a sprinting rogue or two on you it's very useful.

you should find as an FC druid that you cannot kill much of anything.

lol instead of [item]Book of Survival[/item] you willing to put forth the effort to get a [item]Furbolg Medicine Pouch[/item]?

fuzzles said:
lol instead of [item]Book of Survival[/item] you willing to put forth the effort to get a [item]Furbolg Medicine Pouch[/item]?

Well, if it takes XP- no- i have no headroom. If it just takes time, well, that's got potential

yeah it takes no exp, took me 3.5 hours to farm it as a lv 5 with an 80 assisting. all you do is die while the 80 grinds on Deadwood. youre gonna /cry because it ruins any good memory of vanilla days in felwood.

book of survival > medicine pouch, unless you're getting bursted. 7 hp5 = 1 stam every ~7 seconds when in caster/cat and when under max hp. so it'll take 20 or 30 seconds of duress to be better, but you can survive that long usually, right?

Rayekk said:

Natural shapeshifter talents are deep into resto with your limited talent points- in reality you will decrease your damage by doing so imo. If you compare 2/2 shapeshifter in cat you get 4% crit vs. the 6% crit you get from feral talents that applies to cat and bear. You aren't going to have boomkin and tree so you are meerly looking at 4% more bear damage (take this as 200white hit going to 208, thats pretty minor when you could crit for 400 instead 6% more times.)

*btw anyone who wants to detail this math, please go ahead, I don't have time right now to do anything liek that :p*

Mana reduction of shapeshifter is decent, not 100% necessary though if you can stick to a form an entire fight. Though you can add furor into your build and shifting becomes your main strategy. A bit is dependant on if you feel you are having mana problems, in which I suggest using a good combo of "of the falcon" on a few items. Personally I think it is unnessary but my druid style (druid is my main^^) has never been to flip flop forms much during fights. Very few fights actually require that unless you have chosen the wrong form, especially at this lvl where you don't have charge ability. I feel that it is better to either go in bear (vs. a warrior or rogue perhaps) and be in bear before you engage (especially good for getting those rogues out of stealth with roar) and in cat (stealthed) before engaging with a mage. I only see the point of shifting to remove cc's which then normally you shouldn't be dealing with that often (depends a lot who you are fighting I suppose.) Personally http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxMGsMb is my favourite but switching around with stealth and predatory insticts is up to you.

Hps is out of combat last time I checked in cat. So I feel that there would be no point for him to have hps out of combat, he can just pop a quick rejuv on himself and let it heal himself in between fights. The use on the other hand is a free heal while in cat form- that can make or break a fight, 1000 hp back while still maintaining dps, +3 more stamina from the get go. I see no reason for Book when a druid can heal itself when its out of combat anyways where that hps would be used.

Even if you were regening in combat, thats 140 health per minute, and as that does come out to be 2800 health regened while the offhand was on cd, that means that you would need to be fighting for a good 6-7 minutes before you would have regened 1k (that's a hell of a long fight). Why not just use the book while pouch is on cooldown? The pouch still seems significantly better to me. I'd love a free 1k health in a close match. Can easily mean a win 1v1.

Na Windsor, HP5 is exactlly like MP5, it works in the FPS realm. The only reason you never hear any one talk about it is because there is a seriouse lack of it in the game.

With a total of 2 enchants (vitality, and greater V) and a few items, thats all that exsistes of HP5.

So, responses and updates:

On the Furblog pouch, I'm mulling it over; I have limited playtime, and I’m not sure I want to spend 4 hours on a Saturday dead while my better half kills mobs for me, but as I test and tune, I’ll keep it in mind.

So far I’ve been focusing on WSG, and not as much on AB’s. I’ve tried out the 0/13/7 build with my full stam gear last night, and found it to be move viable as flag carrier (my primary roll) than with my “hybrid bear” gear, so I’m going to try that out for a bit and see how it holds up. So far, no issues with form-switching and mana drain, though I’m still working out if I should be in bear form for the extra HP once I’m in our base (and the apposing side has our flag too) or cat for the extra run speed. The results are mixed thus far, with 2 wins and 3 losses (against the same premade vs. our PUG with a mix of twinks and levelers).

On the AB side, I’m thinking about respecting to try the 0/20/0 build suggested, though in an AB with a very similar build, my damage seemed ineffective against hardened targets, and even less effect against caster/healer types, so I’m at a loss. I’m thinking that my best option is in a support/heals role (also leans towards the same 0/13/7 build Naturaltalnt offered), but I’d love to know what other druids do in AB (I never ran AB, or any really PVP other than my 19 in WSG, until Wintergrasp).

Keep the suggestions coming (and see the new gear layout- it’s now updated to my stam set).

Naturaltalnt said:
Na Windsor, HP5 is exactlly like MP5, it works in the FPS realm. The only reason you never hear any one talk about it is because there is a seriouse lack of it in the game.

With a total of 2 enchants (vitality, and greater V) and a few items, thats all that exsistes of HP5.

Okay, I wasn't sure on that. I did try to look it up but there is shit on hps on both wowhead and wowwiki. Still I am all for the medicine pouch, but it is understandable if you don't have time to grind endlessly, it isn't like I would do it myself :p

Users who are viewing this thread