US Rant: TC Insanity

i agree. i wish teams would experiment, try new comps, and new strats. i love when i watch premades and i see one team using 2 mages and a warlock, it seems like a huge curve ball and i'm curious to see how it pan out. obviously it didn't go so well, but what if it would have? you would have never known unless you tried it.

these premades prior to the twink cup are for practice, not for winning. they are simply to prepare yourself and your team for the big event. this IS the perfect time in which you are supposed to experiment.

i think people are just afraid to try new things and going out of what they think is normal or 'the best comp' to run. franky, all the teams running the same comp and strats are quite predictable and easy to counter. i think it's ignorant to say that the current comp everyone is copying is the 'best comp' when nobody has bothered to try anything else.

The comps used now are safe and what works, people don't want to go outside of the box for fear of losing to an inferior team/losing because of the comp.

top kek realisticly GSC are the only ones stupid enough to try mongo comps

but i do have to say - SR dont pioneer all these comps as you may think - you're being a little bias meijt

squad

Last edited by a moderator:
ive always thought WW would make a great replacement for a rogue... no one will let me try it though so I just play boring old BM over and over :(

GSC has had some crazy mongoloid comps that have been fun to watch. At the end of the day though, teams are too scared to try something different that may or may not work. So they stick with what they know works.

ive always thought WW would make a great replacement for a rogue... no one will let me try it though so I just play boring old BM over and over :(

How come your title says: " ti donor" ? I think " <3 Saxx" would be more appropriate for u :(

rdruid fc
balance
arms
mm hunter
bm monk
combat rogue
disc
rsham
rsham / mw monk

imo those 9 are pretty much bis following twink cup rules so that leaves you with only one spot to play with

Twinking has always been about copying each other. That's why there are Armory lists of "BiS twinks" and similar premade comps run by every team. Even players who aren't "twinks" like the R1 and RBG players looked to copy players and teams when they first joined the bracket.

Twinking has always been about copying each other. That's why there are Armory lists of "BiS twinks" and similar premade comps run by every team. Even players who aren't "twinks" like the R1 and RBG players looked to copy players and teams when they first joined the bracket.
[MENTION=2555]Dorigon[/MENTION] It seems to me that the majority of teams don't have the experience to be able to innovate. Either that or the confidence.

I think people are getting too caught up in the idea of a comp being solely the classes that make up the comp, rather than observing it holistically and understanding that the players behind the classes that make up the comp are just as important as (or more important than) the classes themselves.

To help better understand my point, think about it like this - In an identical class comp, would you rather have Pizza piloting a druid, or some random unknown player who's been around for 3 months? Would you rather have Saxx on a rogue or some shithouse nerd? Do you think swapping out Skill Ratio's or Harvest's 10 man teams with less experienced players would afford the same dominance the teams usually exude over the bracket?

I think the reason that the other teams "trying the same things over and over again" is boring to Dory is because he and his crew have the advantage of having both some of the best players to ever play the bracket, and one of the longest standing core groups of premade players ever.

I feel pretty confident that Pizza's core group of players could still mostly dominate games on underpowered, sub-par classes against most of the bracket. It becomes boring for you guys to watch because you're head and shoulders above most of the players in this bracket. I don't think it's necessarily an issue of trying a new or better comp, I think we're at a point where enough experimentation has happened that we're all pretty aware of the most optimal comps. I do think it's more of you guys having put in the time and effort to develop a skilled, cohesive team that plays together like family and it's hard for any newcomer teams to match that level of cohesion and experience.

TL;DR - Dory is bored because there's a fierce lack of players outside of a small group that are skilled enough to offer his group a challenge.

It's not even the confidence or willing to innovate. Why would you purposely put yourself at a disadvantage comp wise in a tournament setting?

I'd agree with what zehj said on the previous page.

Mages ~ decent cc, low dmg, also one of if not the squishiest class in the bracket
WW monk ~ less presence than a bm in mid by far, squishy, relies on a 30 second cd that's easily cc'd to do big damage
Holy Paladin ~ low healing, nothing else to really be said

it's like purposely sniping a counter & being like "well guys we've gotta outplay them really hard or we lose". Why would you put yourself in that situation?

wtb post 2k15 TC landscape

To be fair, Warsong Gulch isn't the most diverse map ever made - to say the least.

Last edited:
I think people are getting too caught up in the idea of a comp being solely the classes that make up the comp, rather than observing it holistically and understanding that the players behind the classes that make up the comp are just as important as (or more important than) the classes themselves.To help better understand my point, think about it like this - In an identical class comp, would you rather have Pizza piloting a druid, or some random unknown player who's been around for 3 months? Would you rather have Saxx on a rogue or some shithouse nerd? Do you think swapping out Skill Ratio's or Harvest's 10 man teams with less experienced players would afford the same dominance the teams usually exude over the bracket?I think the reason that the other teams "trying the same things over and over again" is boring to Dory is because he and his crew have the advantage of having both some of the best players to ever play the bracket, and one of the longest standing core groups of premade players ever.I feel pretty confident that Pizza's core group of players could still mostly dominate games on underpowered, sub-par classes against most of the bracket. It becomes boring for you guys to watch because you're head and shoulders above most of the players in this bracket. I don't think it's necessarily an issue of trying a new or better comp, I think we're at a point where enough experimentation has happened that we're all pretty aware of the most optimal comps. I do think it's more of you guys having put in the time and effort to develop a skilled, cohesive team that plays together like family and it's hard for any newcomer teams to match that level of cohesion and experience.TL;DR - Dory is bored because there's a fierce lack of players outside of a small group that are skilled enough to offer his group a challenge.
On the contrary, notice in my original post that I said I'm posting the thread as a spectator. Haven't been active in premades myself, what with having been gone for a year. I may be co-GM, but that doesn't mean I am in the A-Team. It's an observation from watching streams and seeing teams trying the same things over and over again and always getting the same results. Tell me, is that logical to do?

My twinkers stack they money just to spend it
cuz when you die you cannot take wicha
if you aint beefin bout the money then whats the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread