question about farming destiny for 20 twinks

Malgibbon

Veteran
i looked through the guide on farming these but it doesn't seem to say anything about what level i need to farm destiny on for it to be for 20 twinks. i'm asking for a friend - does this need to be farmed by a level 20 or a level 24-25? My guess is a 20 but i'm not certain. Any clarification is greatly appreciated.

Read a bit more.
https://xpoff.com/threads/best-place-to-farm-destiny.96359/#post-1270794

Is this still the status quo? Are you meant to farm this on a level 17/18 then?

It’s all guesswork at this point, man. There’s no way to know for sure without putting in some serious grunt work.
Ok the people who are twinking have no gold on the server they decided to roll on(Bleedinghollow horde) - good players but no gear right now. Told me they didn't expect to fully commit for BIS but would consider destiny if farmable. I guess i'll let them know its probably harder to find it than BIS green stuff.

Do we at least know what level we would need to be for it to theoretically drop for a level 20?

The mobs you kill need to be level 17/18 in order for it to drop below 20. Atleast all the studies me and Dann has done with farming. So your char needs to be 17. But stratholme dead side scales to 20. My best bet is still silithus/blasted lands. Theres a few people that has tried zul farrak, without luck afaik.
[doublepost=1624350588,1624350443][/doublepost]Also its a world drop, so ignore most wowhead dropped by sources. They tend to be skewered, just look for spots that used to be 50+ and start farming. Is what i would do. And then dont say it doesent drop after 100 kills. Were talking 100s of thousands kills for these kind of drops.

I would imagine its all the same spots 39s used to farm these items back in early BFA. Sun started a thread on it (thread title: "Purple Rain" or something like that) detailing it. But there's no guarantee that those spots actually work. It's something a few people are spitballing and a couple others have put some time into but if its possible... it's gonna be a project an intrepid crew of people put a couple months of focused energy into. Its not gonna be you casually walking into silithus and proving right or wrong in a couple hours.

So just to be clear - all the ones that got scaled to 20 were the result of prepatch and people not finding them(probably? i guess we don't know if rands found them post pre-patch)

So just to be clear - all the ones that got scaled to 20 were the result of prepatch and people not finding them(probably? i guess we don't know if rands found them post pre-patch)
Yes they were all req 37-43 in bfa and got scaled down.

Open world farming does not work, lowest possible lvl for a vanilla world drop epic in the open world is 24. Ive pinched the ideas too other farmers on Eu about doing lvl 17-18 chars in high lvl vanilla dungeons that shares a the same loot table.

Dungeons are the best chance ya'll have since the loot and lvl req works diffrently, Zul'farak or Brd has most mobs per hour spent.

And i farm everything myself for my chars ^_^

ive been farming it on my warrior (Horde RP) and had no luck and ive spent 12 hours straight 1Hr break...and done over 2.5mill dmg in kills (blasted lands...classic...warmode on and also silithus and the 3 camps) had no luck did get 3 blues but no destiny, now trying it on my alliance pala lvl 20...if i do get it il let ppl know but im in it for the long haul

Users who are viewing this thread