question about farming destiny for 20 twinks

thats it?

Kidding aside, theres reason to believe the silithus/blasted land farms no longer work
haha joke a said yes, as only started the farm
[doublepost=1631470148,1631469712][/doublepost]so if they no longer work, hows it drop? the chests or the blue gem quests from the rares you kill in blasted lands? or? theres no guides anywhere

well i only spoke to a gamemaster yesterday asking about the farming for the item, they never said it doesnt drop or anything just said its a very low drop rate and keep going

in a message responce back from a gamemaster

well i only spoke to a gamemaster yesterday asking about the farming for the item, they never said it doesnt drop or anything just said its a very low drop rate and keep going

Gamemasters just look on wowhead. They are customer support they arent very game savvy. Youd have a better chance just asking in trade chat.

ive been farming it on my warrior (Horde RP) and had no luck and ive spent 12 hours straight 1Hr break...and done over 2.5mill dmg in kills (blasted lands...classic...warmode on and also silithus and the 3 camps) had no luck did get 3 blues but no destiny, now trying it on my alliance pala lvl 20...if i do get it il let ppl know but im in it for the long haul

Please do not do it on a 20. Ot will scale to 21 then. Do it on a level 18 or 17. Then you might have a chance. Level 20+ and it scales above 20. And youd be very dissapointed.
[doublepost=1631472614,1631472514][/doublepost]

Never take gamemasters words for anyrhing they google or wowhead stuff like that just like you and me do. They probably know less about specific items then anyone on this site does. Your better off asking here then a gamemaster.
[doublepost=1631472792][/doublepost]
haha joke a said yes, as only started the farm
[doublepost=1631470148,1631469712][/doublepost]so if they no longer work, hows it drop? the chests or the blue gem quests from the rares you kill in blasted lands? or? theres no guides anywhere

Ive done extensive tests on the blasted lands rare farm and they seem to drop tier 2 epics instead of tier 3 epics. Check the compendium, for which epics that include. But it doesent include destiny, skullflame, cloudkeepers, edward. Which is probably the most useful ones.
[doublepost=1631472922][/doublepost]
ive been farming it on my warrior (Horde RP) and had no luck and ive spent 12 hours straight 1Hr break...and done over 2.5mill dmg in kills (blasted lands...classic...warmode on and also silithus and the 3 camps) had no luck did get 3 blues but no destiny, now trying it on my alliance pala lvl 20...if i do get it il let ppl know but im in it for the long haul

This is also nothing, when it comes to vanilla epics. They have such a small droprate. Also i would go for a killcounyer instead ive done upwards of 200k kills by now. Only lots of blues, no epics yet, yet! Still keeping on going.

I remember how i tried to farm hyperspawn in Wetlands to get some stuff few xpacs ago (when 28 keller and other stuff were actually useful) and there was exactly the same situation as people describe about high tier vanila epics now - i got 0 blue boe per something like ~15-20k mobs and then i tried to farm with highlevel and got like 3 blue in less than 1k mobs (sadly they had wrong scaling cuz of highlvl). So for some strange reason there might be hidden level restriction.

I remember how i tried to farm hyperspawn in Wetlands to get some stuff few xpacs ago (when 28 keller and other stuff were actually useful) and there was exactly the same situation as people describe about high tier vanila epics now - i got 0 blue boe per something like ~15-20k mobs and then i tried to farm with highlevel and got like 3 blue in less than 1k mobs (sadly they had wrong scaling cuz of highlvl). So for some strange reason there might be hidden level restriction.
Yeah same here. Took me days of multiboxing level 20s to get an ilvl 23, level 15 ring of defense from stormpike engineer hyperspawn. When the max toon had many drops. But I did get a world drop blue when everyone could only confirm dungeon drops.
I’ve read before that higher to go the more likely mobs are to drop items for you but that could just be old correlation between higher mobs dropping better loot

Now add the fact that these items actually are pretty rare. Can look at a reputable xmog farmers comment on wowhead about hand of Edward. He looted 2 in 7000 runs of scarlet monestary. Now yes scarlet is lower base level than blackrock content, so it will drop less there, but still, do you know of a 17 who has ran zul farrak 5000 times?

And there is little talk of eternium lockboxes. There are multiple *legacy* classic and tbc era wowhead(thotbott) comments stating they got krol blade from these and other items.
DB60F420-71A8-4639-9533-0365336C8545.png

both lady Mayes and krol blade are page 3 atlas loot world drops.

someone opening a lot of these and getting any epic on a 17 would be big

So just to be clear - all the ones that got scaled to 20 were the result of prepatch and people not finding them(probably? i guess we don't know if rands found them post pre-patch)
Cautionary notes for finding out if these were pre- or post-patch drops:
1. If you see this on your AH but it's too expensive, you can still msg the seller to ask. You may have to create an opposing-faction char to do this, or get a friend to do it.
2. If you HAVE enough gold, and hit that buy button, remain calm when you go to that mailbox. BEFORE you loot the mailbox, take a screenshot of the seller, with your shaky hands. Then later message the seller to ask.
[doublepost=1631513154,1631512564][/doublepost]
It most likely don’t drop anymore
I agree with Conzil, but would like to hear his reasons.

Mine: our community is watching the AH for a couple hundred servers worldwide. Maybe tens of millions of kills of these mobs that some of you are farming, and little or nothing is showing on any of these AH. This null result I think is proof enough.

Cautionary notes for finding out if these were pre- or post-patch drops:
1. If you see this on your AH but it's too expensive, you can still msg the seller to ask. You may have to create an opposing-faction char to do this, or get a friend to do it.
2. If you HAVE enough gold, and hit that buy button, remain calm when you go to that mailbox. BEFORE you loot the mailbox, take a screenshot of the seller, with your shaky hands. Then later message the seller to ask.
[doublepost=1631513154,1631512564][/doublepost]
I agree with Conzil, but would like to hear his reasons.

Mine: our community is watching the AH for a couple hundred servers worldwide. Maybe tens of millions of kills of these mobs that some of you are farming, and little or nothing is showing on any of these AH. This null result I think is proof enough.

I feel alot of people are giving up to early on the farms, considering its vanilla pieces. And i really doubt theres really that much people farming.
Also i feel zul'farrak and SM is a waste of time. Makes no sence for any of these items to drop there. Instead of blasted lands or silithus.

I feel alot of people are giving up to early on the farms,
this, in general, in true of a lot of stuff.

The problem is, you can't prove it doesn't drop. All you can prove is that it simply isn't worth your time to farm.

I'd be willing to bet money that The malownes slam proc begins working for us before a destiny drops for a f2p.

I started wow with a classic, and that's where I got destiny in stratholme. Now I want to repeat my result. I enter the strat from the live side and kill all the mobs up to the rat trap. I kill about 60 monsters in 6 minutes. In a few days of farming, I managed to knock out a ton of green things, which I upload to the auction for 500 gold each, and also knocked out the BOE EPIC vanilla shield - Blackskull Shield. I am a fury warrior lvl 17. I intend to do 100,000 mob kills before I surrender. I guess this is my limit... or not

Where is the best spot to farm this for a 20?
nowhere. I maintain it simply will not drop for toon at or below level 20.

A loot mechanic people seem to have forgotten is that back in the day, certain items (namely rare boes and world drop epics) only dropped from mobs of a certain level. This was experienced, for instance, when Uldaman was retooled in TBC to be a bit lower level and all of a sudden PODs only dropped from like 5 mobs.

I'd be willing to be that this loot mechanic is still in place and that at level 17 (the highest level you can be and get a drop useable by a 20) the mobs are simply too low level to have destiny on their loot tables.

Find one on the AH or use Crow Wing/Runeblade/Claymore like the rest of us plebs.

Wild guess, if you farm it on a scaled lvl 17-18 char ( 60 char scaled down ). could there be bugged a higher chance!? :thinking:

nowhere. I maintain it simply will not drop for toon at or below level 20.

A loot mechanic people seem to have forgotten is that back in the day, certain items (namely rare boes and world drop epics) only dropped from mobs of a certain level. This was experienced, for instance, when Uldaman was retooled in TBC to be a bit lower level and all of a sudden PODs only dropped from like 5 mobs.

I'd be willing to be that this loot mechanic is still in place and that at level 17 (the highest level you can be and get a drop useable by a 20) the mobs are simply too low level to have destiny on their loot tables.

Find one on the AH or use Crow Wing/Runeblade/Claymore like the rest of us plebs.
Well thank you so much man for the informative answer. So assuming it can’t drop from mobs which does seem to be the case from everywhere I’ve looked, I saw a forum post from back in March regarding I think khorium lockboxes and someone got a boomstick out of one, which is on the same loot table as the rest of these “super rare” items. Has this been confirmed or denied/have they changed it in any way that you know of? Because I’ll farm 5000 boxes for a chance lmao

Users who are viewing this thread