Quality of life question

Tzartwink

Veteran
Hey fellow 70s! Since my last post I’ve met some awesome fellow BC players and it has added a lot of enjoyment to the game. I just finished leveling engineering and feel like Batman.

I do have a couple questions I could use the communities help with though.

1. Is there a training dummy located anywhere that is just isolated? For example Stormwinds level 70 dummy is right beside a level 60 so it is very hard to gauge an accurate number.

2. What class/spec is currently able to solo karazan? I seem to get blown up if I have more than 2 mobs on me.

3. Do arathi basin and alterac valley no longer exist in this bracket?

4. I’ve seen some posts mentioning SIMS to get theoretical dps. I’ve been tinkering with my trinket combos but I have not found something that really gives me the information I need. Where can I go to do this without swapping gems/enchants every new combo I try

That is all.
-Tzarpaladin

1. Is there a training dummy located anywhere that is just isolated? For example Stormwinds level 70 dummy is right beside a level 60 so it is very hard to gauge an accurate number.

If I'm not mistaken, I think @Zoke did a thing on this and Ironforge has the best place for this.

2. What class/spec is currently able to solo karazan? I seem to get blown up if I have more than 2 mobs on me.

I know tank specs are able to do this. Some healers like Disc priests may be able to. Frost mages should pull the DPS if they do it right. Only boss you can't really solo from my experience is that one with the different color beams you have to stand in.

4. I’ve seen some posts mentioning SIMS to get theoretical dps. I’ve been tinkering with my trinket combos but I have not found something that really gives me the information I need. Where can I go to do this without swapping gems/enchants every new combo I try

There isn't really anywhere for something like this. It comes down to how you find it on simcraft and you actually testing it out in a raid. For this I'd probably recommend doing something like taking a healer with you if you're unable to solo Kara and test it out in there or attend a 70 raid and test out on multiple bosses.

you could look in my thread for what the highest dps in raids for your spec is. pretty much- fx, dreams shinela and myself have gone through every spec (multiple times) and ive spent quite a bit of time bouncing things back and fourth with those guys to get the highest outputs that we know of. (also have to credit chey mango and symandria there too)

obviously, nearly all of the 180 rings and trinkets are a dps increase for their applicable specs (and most other 180 pieces too) compared to what i have listed. i chose not to include things you cant reasonably get outside of luck.

https://xpoff.com/threads/lvl-70-pve-raid-max-performance-guide.74219/

Users who are viewing this thread