PvE - Gearing your 19 PvE

iaccidentallytwink said:
Fix'd. Also,

Get out of here troll.

Go into gnomer on a twink of yours that isnt close to level and get hit by one of the mobs and tell me how it goes.

edit: I'll go try it out on my priest, give me a minute

germs said:

I said it disproves that they will hit for that. Question, have you ever walked into gnomer and tried solo'ing a mob at 19?

308uuzc.jpg

I'm so scared for tanks. Especially druids that have about 2k fully buffed.

edit: this being on a 2-3 second attack speed.

germs said:
308uuzc.jpg

I'm so scared for tanks. Especially druids that have about 2k fully buffed.

edit: this being on a 2-3 second attack speed.

Ok, now try to actually deal damage to said mob.

Since Thirk is so convinced that the instances are equal in difficulty I might go try to solo a mob in Naxx.

Also take into consideration the multiple pulls that will be occurring and the massive agro-radius especially in the dark iron dwarf corridor. And I mean massive, so you'll probably be dealing with 5 mobs at a time, mobs that have a spell reflect ability and a mine drop ability that deals 500+ damage. All this with nearly no cc as caster hit will be nigh impossible on them with polymorph's or anything of that nature.

Maerduk said:
Also take into consideration the multiple pulls that will be occurring and the massive agro-radius especially in the dark iron dwarf corridor. And I mean massive, so you'll probably be dealing with 5 mobs at a time, mobs that have a spell reflect ability and a mine drop ability that deals 500+ damage. All this with nearly no cc as caster hit will be nigh impossible on them with polymorph's or anything of that nature.

mines that can be avoided

germs said:
mines that can be avoided

Still takes a fair amount of coordination especially with the limited mobility of the corridor inclusive with the agro-radius of a 8-9 level deficit. Also let's consider the net ability of mobs within this corridor which I believe is undispellable, which will make avoiding some of the mines or arcane exp impossible.

Maerduk said:
Lol my bad, I'm only skimming really, I hate having to read through all this bullshit. Though I'll be honest, calling the new naxx and raids these days difficult, is borderline laughable. Granted Gnomer isn't raid content but with the deficit in levels you'll be dealing with quite a bit of problems regarding glancing blows that will make it so you'll nearly never crit, resists, etc etc.

Not to mention the inability of a lower level tank to be geared out vs. crushes/ uncrittable. I'm not exactly sure if the mechanics are the same in a lower level instance, but I would assume with a 8-9 level difference between characters and mobs that crushing blows can and definitely will occur in boss fights. This in turn leads to disproving that the mobs will hit like a wet noodle because that will make them actually hit for a ton of damage and you may experience problems with a tank getting 2-3 shotted if taking multiple crushes in a row.

Again I don't know the background on most of your main level chars but I tanked a fair amount in pre-bc and tanked a ton through BC raids up through SSC prior to BT being opened. I have a decent amount of knowledge with tanking and tanking mechanics though bad memory has caused it to dwindle as of late. Crushing blows end raids/boss fights, if they can occur at this level it will be much more difficult than germs seems to like to allude towards.

Haha yeah that made me laugh too, whoever that dude is going 'OMG THADDIUS IS A REAL FIGHT L2P'. Haha I usually get a bit uncomfortable when people embarrass themselves publicly but that was just way too funny.

I'm saying that in comparison, Thaddius and Sapphron are much more complicated fights than a tank and spank.

Apparently my points aren't as easily construed as I though they were.

Oh I know. I also know you fit right into that category of people who say how easy something is because they will never do it.

Should I be ashamed of the fact that I am not going to 19 PvE?

Sorry that I'm not so much embarrassed by that.

germs said:
I'm saying that in comparison, Thaddius and Sapphron are much more complicated fights than a tank and spank.

Apparently my points aren't as easily construed as I though they were.

Calling them complicated is an overstatement, granted they may not be a tank and spank, but I'd have to say nearly most raids blizzard has popped out recently might as well be a tank and spank. Move over here, ok move back over here, ok dps, ok win.

Comparing a lvl 28+ instance to what blizzard would like to call their best end game raid content is also highly ignorant. If people want to attempt to feel a challenge by dealing with higher level mob mechanics vs their lower lvl geared chars with regards to combat in a pve setting then so be it. Arguing their opinion of whether they will enjoy it or not is negligible.

No, gnomer is not Naxxramas, but doing gnomer at lvl 19 without proper hit rating/defense gear gives you nearly the same mechanics on mobs if not greater due to crushing blows and glancing blows.

Maerduk said:
Calling them complicated is an overstatement, granted they may not be a tank and spank, but I'd have to say nearly most raids blizzard has popped out recently might as well be a tank and spank. Move over here, ok move back over here, ok dps, ok win.

Comparing a lvl 28+ instance to what blizzard would like to call their best end game raid content is also highly ignorant. If people want to attempt to feel a challenge by dealing with higher level mob mechanics vs their lower lvl geared chars with regards to combat in a pve setting then so be it. Arguing their opinion of whether they will enjoy it or not is negligible.

No, gnomer is not Naxxramas, but doing gnomer at lvl 19 without proper hit rating/defense gear gives you nearly the same mechanics on mobs if not greater due to crushing blows and glancing blows.

I would have to agree with you. I just find it a bit pitiful but I suppose that is my opinion against someone else's. In any case, the way that I was solo'ing mobs in Gnomer didnt work past 800 of their 2k hp. It eventually evaded :confused:

but it might have been a bit more doable if my priest were as geared as it could be or maybe had bandages.

germs said:
I would have to agree with you. I just find it a bit pitiful but I suppose that is my opinion against someone else's. In any case, the way that I was solo'ing mobs in Gnomer didnt work past 800 of their 2k hp. It eventually evaded :confused:

but it might have been a bit more doable if my priest were as geared as it could be or maybe had bandages.

Lol I'm assuming you kept jumping down in the little trench in the beginning and then running back up to essentially kite it around? I don't think gnomer will need 10 people, but there probably will be some mana issues etc later on in the instance with 5. Damage might also be an issue with multiple mob pulls later on. Huntard will = win in this case though as I don't believe they're affected by glancing blows.

Users who are viewing this thread