PvE - Gearing your 19 PvE

germs said:
Since Thirk is so convinced that the instances are equal in difficulty I might go try to solo a mob in Naxx.

Learn to read. I never said that.

No, I was LoSing the Irradiated Pillager using the beginning gates and using SWP (which ticks for 9 damage in full spell gear).

Well anyway with all this pve talk I can propose some instances that might be pretty damn hard to pull off at the given level. Those being strat both sides, scholo, ubrs, lbrs, and DM all sides @ lvl 49. I'd love to give any of those a go for the shits and giggles that's for sure, especially since I always enjoyed them as content pre-bc.

Maerduk said:
Well anyway with all this pve talk I can propose some instances that might be pretty damn hard to pull off at the given level. Those being strat both sides, scholo, ubrs, lbrs, and DM all sides @ lvl 49. I'd love to give any of those a go for the shits and giggles that's for sure, especially since I always enjoyed them as content pre-bc.

I agree that doing 49 content would more difficult, especially attempting to do a 45 minute Baron, or something of that sort.

edit: or Dire Maul tribute.

germs said:
Why would you bring magic damage to any group, and it would not be the same case with phys dmg.

There's a lot of melee damage at the bosses. Ranged DPS + Priest would do so much better.

Basically the way I see it is that a group of 19s doing Gnomer would be practically the same as a group of ~30s in average gear doing it. Taking into consideration crushing blows and glancing blows it would be slightly more difficult but would be an incredibly simple clear.

iaccidentallytwink said:
There's a lot of melee damage at the bosses. Ranged DPS + Priest would do so much better.

Hunters damage would most likely come from their auto shots which are considered Phys

edit: which by the way is what I meant by Phys

germs said:
Basically the way I see it is that a group of 19s doing Gnomer would be practically the same as a group of ~30s in average gear doing it. Taking into consideration crushing blows and glancing blows it would be slightly more difficult but would be an incredibly simple clear.

Incredibly simple mob ability wise sure, but time wise I'm sure it's going to be quite time consuming.

49s couldn't start the 45 minute baron event iirc, but I guess if you wanted you could time any instance.

I honestly doubt 49s would be able to do kromcrush or umok, so that might be something else fun to try :)

Ymir said:
49s couldn't start the 45 minute baron event iirc, but I guess if you wanted you could time any instance.

I honestly doubt 49s would be able to do kromcrush or umok, so that might be something else fun to try :)

Lol forget krom or umok, 49s doing the beast or drakk? That's going to be a bitch and a half to pull off.

I'm up for 49 action if anyone's going to do anything. Maybe on the PTR? I have a resto druid with 1k/sec heals.

Maerduk said:
Lol forget krom or umok, 49s doing the beast or drakk? That's going to be a bitch and a half to pull off.

Both those guys will count as level 52 mobs to level 49s ;)

Krom is a huge hitting mortal striking guy with 2 hard hitting adds that you basically won't be able to CC :D

iaccidentallytwink said:
I'm up for 49 action if anyone's going to do anything. Maybe on the PTR? I have a resto druid with 1k/sec heals.

I'm trying to figure out a gearset for my bank alt who is a 46 warrior. I can't seem to get health above about 4k without shooting my hit and expertise in the face. 4k would be stretching it a very looong way. May just have to forget the expertise and a lot of the hit.

Probably can't get him levelled and geared in time for ptr anyway :(

Ymir said:
Both those guys will count as level 52 mobs to level 49s ;)

Krom is a huge hitting mortal striking guy with 2 hard hitting adds that you basically won't be able to CC :D

How exactly will they count as lvl 52 mobs to lvl 49s? Secondly Drakk has 2 hard hitting adds that can't be cc'd either...

Maerduk said:
How exactly will they count as lvl 52 mobs to lvl 49s? Secondly Drakk has 2 hard hitting adds that can't be cc'd either...

Skull bosses are your level+3. You can test by taking at 80 into UBRS and checking your miss rate against a boss in there. Used to be able to test on Archaedas but he is no longer a skull apparently.

I doubt they changed the mechanic of it though.

Even if they did and he counts as 63, I still always found drakk to be an easier fight than krom. More healers, more tanks, doesn't hit as hard, doesn't mortal strike. Conflag is the only real issue on that fight. Getting to him would be nuts though. One of those pulls in the room next to the beast is a bitch, and the assassins would be charging at your healers from clear across the instance.

Wait so essentially the bosses will be the easiest part of the instance? LOL.

Ymir said:
Skull bosses are your level+3. You can test by taking at 80 into UBRS and checking your miss rate against a boss in there. Used to be able to test on Archaedas but he is no longer a skull apparently.

I doubt they changed the mechanic of it though.

Even if they did and he counts as 63, I still always found drakk to be an easier fight than krom. More healers, more tanks, doesn't hit as hard, doesn't mortal strike. Conflag is the only real issue on that fight. Getting to him would be nuts though. One of those pulls in the room next to the beast is a bitch, and the assassins would be charging at your healers from clear across the instance.

Hmm well I knew that, but how does it work if say you had like 2 lvl 70s and then a lvl 60 running ubrs, would drakk be 63 to the 60 and 73 to the 70s, he still deals the same amount of damage either way, the level that he is is essentially set as such to affect hit ratios when attacking him. Conflag does the same amount of damage either way, which is an ass ton, it ticks for like 550+, not to mention that your tank drops agro the moment conflag is on him. And I guess I've had it the opposite, never had a problem with the Krom fight and trib runs were easy as long as you were willing to scrap up the mats for them. Drakk on the other hand was a bitch even with having to run it with 10 people back in the day. I was always the one that had to kite him too...

Maerduk said:
Incredibly simple mob ability wise sure, but time wise I'm sure it's going to be quite time consuming.

i'm pretty sure a twinked 19 would do more damage than a non-twinked 30 even considering all the misses/glances.

Users who are viewing this thread