Pure F2P Chromie Time

Suntosh

Not Toxic
Hello guys,

Coming back to F2Ps after long time. I had few questions if anyone can answer them. So, previously you had to have a level 50 on your account to access Chromie Time and for the next patch, 10.1.5, the chromie time restrictions has been lifted according to the blue post. Does this mean pure F2P accounts can now access chromie time upon reaching level 10? Can anyone confirm this? Thank you!

• Characters level 10–60 that have not been logged into for 60 days will now have the option to receive a Welcome Back Gift on the character select screen. The Welcome Back Gift includes:
    • Select a specialization upon log in to become equipped with updated bags and gear that is appropriate to the character’s level and selected specialization. All previously worn items and bags can be collected from the mailbox.
    • Teleport to the character’s home city of Orgrimmar or Stormwind.
    • All quests in the quest log will be cleared to provide a clean slate. To continue your leveling journey, head to Chromie in Orgrimmar Embassy or Stormwind Embassy.

Wouldn't this confirm F2P chromie? Why would they gut a level 10s quests and port him in front of Chromie if you couldn't utilize CT?

*edit*

I guess they could just lock Chromie behind a sub or something so yeah, who knows.

Last edited:
I have access to Chromie on my pure F2P.
Yep, just logged on to confirm.

1689106015044.png

Shadowlands was a selectable timeline. I didn't test it to see what it activates or if there are any dungeons to queue for (if someone else could confirm that'd be awesome)
Going through the Shadowlands intro quest-line now. Don't know about the dungeons....

ooh shit so which dungie do I queue for the OP ooze trinket again?
Plaguefall, but its not in the random dungeon finder. You need to set Chromie to shadowlands timeline, do the quest line until you get to Maldraxxus and then enter and solo the dungeon until the last boss. Repeat until trinket drops. Also, trinket cannot drop naturally for warriors and paladins solo
(requires trading).
Edit: If you can get a shadowlands wormhole toy (exile reach trading required, toy is account wide) you can only do the maw intro and once you reach Oribos, learn SL engineering and teleport to Maldraxxus (you basically skip Oribos and Bastion questzones).

So is there anything special I should farm for in Maw before finishing intro or can I like just choose to skip straight to Oribos without bothering?

Is there a shortcut to farming Lightless Silk? (e.g. in BFA I would make and scrap tailoring items for Deep Sea Satin etc) And if not, are there any "kill two birds with one stone" farming spots for em that anyone can recommend (i.e. if the mobs also dropped mounts/pets/toys etc)?

And speaking of, is there also a shortcut to farming Chaos Crystal (legion enchanting)? Currently I'm on the "pray very hard to RNG when I craft/quest/dungeon that it procs epic" but so far nada.

So is there anything special I should farm for in Maw before finishing intro or can I like just choose to skip straight to Oribos without bothering?

Is there a shortcut to farming Lightless Silk? (e.g. in BFA I would make and scrap tailoring items for Deep Sea Satin etc) And if not, are there any "kill two birds with one stone" farming spots for em that anyone can recommend (i.e. if the mobs also dropped mounts/pets/toys etc)?

And speaking of, is there also a shortcut to farming Chaos Crystal (legion enchanting)? Currently I'm on the "pray very hard to RNG when I craft/quest/dungeon that it procs epic" but so far nada.
I'm not much of an achievment-hunter, but I am under the impression that the Intro Maw is a "fake" Maw, and won't allow you to unlock some achievements. You do go back to the Maw during the campaign and get sent to Torghast, I believe there are some achievements there

Lightless Silk drops abundantly in Shadowlands Dungeons with humanoid mobs (Halls, Sanguine Depths, Spires) might need Shadowlands Tailoring

For Chaos Crystals you can craft Shadowruby Bands and DE, will still take quite a while - https://xpoff.com/threads/f2p-guide...native-way-of-obtaining-chaos-crystals.96317/

If you have the badges, during Legion TW, you can buy a few https://www.wowhead.com/item=187605/broken-isles-gem-delivery, which would make crafting the Bands slightly easier

I'm not much of an achievment-hunter, but I am under the impression that the Intro Maw is a "fake" Maw, and won't allow you to unlock some achievements. You do go back to the Maw during the campaign and get sent to Torghast, I believe there are some achievements there

Lightless Silk drops abundantly in Shadowlands Dungeons with humanoid mobs (Halls, Sanguine Depths, Spires) might need Shadowlands Tailoring

For Chaos Crystals you can craft Shadowruby Bands and DE, will still take quite a while - https://xpoff.com/threads/f2p-guide...native-way-of-obtaining-chaos-crystals.96317/

If you have the badges, during Legion TW, you can buy a few https://www.wowhead.com/item=187605/broken-isles-gem-delivery, which would make crafting the Bands slightly easier
Even when you reach the Maw later on it’s phased. I wasn’t able to enter the real Maw. I’m assuming u need some higher level assistance to get to the real one.

But during the questing phase Maw you can get some toys / achieves but not all.

If ur a Hunter you can tame some bad @ss undead pets :ez:

Users who are viewing this thread