PTR

Arknoodle

Legend
Right now I'm playing on the PTR (Public Test Realm).

IT IS NOT MoP.

Im posting this because with the PTR you can copy an 85 of any class with very good pvp and pve gear and have fun.

This is a great chance for those of you that have never done anything other then F2P or anyone feeling

nostalgic for some endgame stuff (me) to experience some of the good higher level stuff

IE BC raids, vanilla raids, LK raids, any dungeons, the list goes on.

The PTR is a fickle beast and goes up and down with the whims of the devs so don't miss your chance.

If you would like to join me for a bit hit me up on any of the following toons or post here and give me the name of your toon and I'll add you ingame.

Arkrofl

Arknoodle

Bawlollin

I know all of the content from vanilla+ and I'd be happy to show you around and let you see some cool **** (Like karazhan)

Note, on the PTR NONE Of the restrictions of your F2P account exist, keep that in mind
<

If your interested feel free to download the client here and copy a character over.

When you install PTR it will download to a seperate wow folder and will have no affiliation with your original wow, no addons, no keybinds, no macros.

Good luck, have fun.
<

Hmmmm... Might take you up on this. I'm p2p already obviously but I would enjoy a change of pace with the people I've grown used to playing with.

Is the PTR not out yet? Im getting error "Unable to find streaming info for *Data\enUS\OldWorld-enUS.MPQ"

(OpenRepackTarget::Validate)

I looked on WoW's forums and it said that the reason there is this error is because the PTR is not out yet

Is the PTR not out yet? Im getting error "Unable to find streaming info for *Data\enUS\OldWorld-enUS.MPQ"

(OpenRepackTarget::Validate)

I looked on WoW's forums and it said that the reason there is this error is because the PTR is not out yet

I got the same error message.

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS FILE IS NOT MADE FROM BLIZZARD THEMSELVES!

I can verify also that this works.-Punisher

Post is credited to Vashdakari from mmo-champions.com

There is a problem with the current "Installer Tome.mpq" file that comes with the Blizzard PTR installer. There was a community fix to the MPQ file to get it working posted on the PTR forums that has worked for many people, but since it wasn't an official Blizzard file, and more quickly resolved than blizz's boffins could manage, the thread was removed from the "official" forums.

However, you may find the link to the "fixed" installer MPQ, here.

To use; Download this mpq file, replace the broken Blizzard mpq in the "PTR Installer 4.0.0.12824 enUS" folder with this one, and enjoy!

-Disclaimer- Use at your own risk as this is not an "official" Blizzard file, yada, yada, yada. In short, if you don't trust it, don't use it, and wait for the official Blizzard fix to get your PTR folder installed. -/end Disclaimer-

*Edit - Found the original thread with all the necessary info's. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7253490?page=1

Users who are viewing this thread