Protection Paladin Weapon and Shield

Would the drain life from Wraith Scythe work similar to Revenger? Tried farming it today to try but no luck yet.

Would the drain life from Wraith Scythe work similar to Revenger? Tried farming it today to try but no luck yet.

I don't believe so, but if you need help getting revenger just message me at Veryscary#1994 and I'd be more than happy to help

Not sure if it's been mentioned and I could be wrong... lol great start to a comment.

But the ilvl 28 shields Green /w socket aren't farmable in legion zones as everyone had artifact weapons. I believe you gotta farm them in BFA zones. This is why they rarely appear on AH

Not sure if it's been mentioned and I could be wrong... lol great start to a comment.

But the ilvl 28 shields Green /w socket aren't farmable in legion zones as everyone had artifact weapons. I believe you gotta farm them in BFA zones. This is why they rarely appear on AH
No weapons exist in legions. And ilvl 28 weapons req lvl 22. You need ilvl 25 weapons.

I don't believe so, but if you need help getting revenger just message me at Veryscary#1994 and I'd be more than happy to help

Thanks for the offer! I got the Revenger on my Prot Pally and loving it. Was just wondering about the Wraith Scythe. Going to try to grab it still.

Wraith Scythe doesn't work at lvl 20 btw.

I mean. The proc happens and damages the target, but you don't get healed so it's better to use another weapon (like the artifact one)

Could have sworn I had dual Wraith Scythes on my vet undead Warrior and it proc'd a 30-40 heal on training dummies ( in addition to the racial). I'll double check though, I've been accumulating a bunch of crap lately and could be wrong. Plus I haven't tried it in a BG yet.

Thanks for the offer! I got the Revenger on my Prot Pally and loving it. Was just wondering about the Wraith Scythe. Going to try to grab it still.

Could have sworn I had dual Wraith Scythes on my vet undead Warrior and it proc'd a 30-40 heal on training dummies ( in addition to the racial). I'll double check though, I've been accumulating a bunch of crap lately and could be wrong. Plus I haven't tried it in a BG yet.

I believe this and several weps were nerfed during the 49/59 era of BFA? I know Ramstein was.

Update:

Thank you, everyone, for your comments and the discussion.

Now that I got my hands on Crusader, 33ilvl artifact and the Truncheon, I was finally able to carry out some tests.

The artifact is slightly superior in DPS, but the difference is very small, around the margin of 10 (175-180 with Truncheon vs. 185-190 with artifact). Did multiple tests both with a timer and set amount of total damage, for example 5 minutes, 10 minutes; 50k total damage, 100k total damage.

The main thing that I've noticed is that Truncheon provided me more Crusader procs. The short term bursts were insane, especially when Crusader procced along with the haste from the mace. Also, keep in mind that you gain 3 bonus socket slots from the shield + mace combo over the artifact, which is potentially 18 extra stamina and 12 extra armor.

Since the goal of my paladin is to stack stamina and stay alive as long as possible while silencing, stunning and tanking enemies, I believe that I'm going for Truncheon, mainly for the 3 extra socket slots and unexpected damage outputs when haste proc stacks with Crusader. If you're planning on taking on a supporting/damaging role, artifact is most likely going to be better (if you're stacking str+haste or str+crit over stamina, for example).

To conclude, I believe that the artifact is more stable in terms of DPS and short fights vs. squishy enemies. However, since protection paladin (the way I play the class) heavily relies on Crusader for damage and survivability, Truncheon was superior.

Last edited:
Just something off topic. Just want to hear the experience of other people who did farm the "black out truncheon".

I have killed the dungeon NPC (Grandmaster Vorpil) like 30 times using a team consisting of a warrior/mage/rdruid/rshaman. No "black out truncheon" yet. Countless number of 'Jewel of Charismatic Mystique', 1 'Breastplate of Many Graces', 1 'Tidefury Kilt'. 1 'moonglade handwrap', a few 'Hallowed Pauldrons'. But according to wowhead, the drop rate of all these are similar.

Just want to hear the experience of someone else who have farmed this piece of gear. How many times did u run the dungeon. Did u experience similar low drop rate for this particular piece of gear compared to others in the drop table listed with similar drop rate percentage.

i was on 46 tries with 20s and one try with a 60 boosting me it dropped blizzard just hates everyone so they make it impossible to get unless you can get past the "I want to die" amount of runs

Ah this is really smart.

So OP this and Runeblade are broken because the the effect is scaling off the ap>sp calculation, which is used for melee classes that can heal (monk/pally). These classes get a huge boost to their healing based on their primary stat and prot pally is the biggest. The tooltip says 158 for me, with little strength gear. It's just going to get more strong the better geared you are.

Damn. I think I've run into a couple of these beast prot paladins on my warrior. Normally prot anything just melts unless theyre at ~6k hp.

So:
1) Are those the only two items that get boosted healing for hybrid classes? (I have a druid and a paladin)
2) Do warriors have any similar weapon for prot which allows decent healing? (Sorry for the off-topic)

-I don't do prot war in BG but I'm tanking a lot for quick BfA queues for socket+tert gear. I'm using the naralex from barrens with ele force (my crusader went onto arms arti until I can grind enchanting for more after JC)

Users who are viewing this thread